OT: For our sanity: what are you doing this off-season?

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Dang, I mean I personally hate bugs so I would choose the Pizza place :laugh:

Man I do too, but when you have to go under crawlspaces every day for a hour at a time, you start to grow used to spiderwebs in your mouth and whatnot.:laugh:

I'd love to manage a takeout pizza place, used to manage a Waffle House and it was a blast. Crazy hours and stress, but a good time overall.
I did it before for NPC (Pizza Hut) and it was the absolute worst. Plus my location was dogshit, so I left.
I’ll be the literal boss at whatever store my friend/boss gives me. Super tight.
Yeah man it can be fun at times, to be honest. I owe basically everything I’ve paid for with my own money to pizza.
The job I’m at now though, I wake up at 5AM every day and don’t make it home until 6-7, so the hours will be nothing to me, especially doing something I’m more familiar with and not in the heat and nastiness.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Man I do too, but when you have to go under crawlspaces every day for a hour at a time, you start to grow used to spiderwebs in your mouth and whatnot.:laugh:

I did it before for NPC (Pizza Hut) and it was the absolute worst. Plus my location was dog****, so I left.
I’ll be the literal boss at whatever store my friend/boss gives me. Super tight.
Yeah man it can be fun at times, to be honest. I owe basically everything I’ve paid for with my own money to pizza.
The job I’m at now though, I wake up at 5AM every day and don’t make it home until 6-7, so the hours will be nothing to me, especially doing something I’m more familiar with and not in the heat and nastiness.

I'd have stayed at Waffle House if I didn't have a family. But that's a 24 hour store and no assistants. So the Manager is there from 6:30-4 or so, and then from 8:30-10, plus your phone is always on even at 3am when you might need to go into the store. 6 days on, 2 days off. If you didn't hit 70 hours in a week you had to submit a letter to the regional manager explaining why. So it's just not too conducive to a healthy family situation at home.

But at the restaurant it's a lot of fun interacting with your staff and customers, keeping the books and inventory straight. It even got me out of a few traffic tickets lol It's an incredible job for a single individual in the 20-50 age range. And it's easy to get promoted to district manager, but that's not a whole lot different than unit manager, you just rotate through three stores instead of staying at one, but you get paid a lot more because you're doing a lot more behind the scenes to support the unit managers. Regional manager spots are like 27 stores or so and they get more relaxed, but those spots rarely open up. Waffle house is such a well run business, no debt whatsoever, they're so finely tuned and conflict free that upper management stays forever.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
also OT... if anyone is interested in managing a Sim hockey team, a league I'm in is looking for a few new managers. I believe the Kings, Sharks and Canucks are available right now. 29 team league, looking to expand to 32 in the next year. Full farm, free agency and salary cap. We're about 10 games into season 9 and simulate two seasons each calendar year.

AHL – Atlantic Hockey League

If you've never done Sim, it's like fantasy but instead of getting points for real NHL games, it's simulated games where players are rated based on their NHL counterparts (like EA sports GM mode).

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Hey, guys!
I wrote/recorded a song last weekend, and I wanted to share it with those who are interested! I’d consider the genre Prog. It’ll be on iTunes, Spotify, etc. all very soon.

However! If you’d like to hear it now, PM me your email and I will send it to you. Thanks for your support, guys!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I needed this summer's break from my favorite pastime TBH. Almost ready to start thinking about games again. I spent 4 days in the hospital and have been recovering since Aug. 19 from that nasty little illness but I'm almost well at this point. Getting old sucks.

Reactions: hockey diva

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
After almost two months of waiting, I finally got an appointment for this upcoming Friday. Luckily I’m gettin a nice payday this week as well so that’ll help :thumbu:

You must have dealt with the same prima donna my stepson did. Charged him $100 for a "consultation". Two months and still never sent him a drawing, postponed two appointments, and we live 100 miles away. Also between the consult and the last scheduled appointment the price went from 100/hr to 150/hr. He finally just said screw it, cancelled and got it done by a local guy.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
You must have dealt with the same prima donna my stepson did. Charged him $100 for a "consultation". Two months and still never sent him a drawing, postponed two appointments, and we live 100 miles away. Also between the consult and the last scheduled appointment the price went from 100/hr to 150/hr. He finally just said screw it, cancelled and got it done by a local guy.
Well although it was an 2 month wait, he actual started it August 30th, and then he finished it last Friday. Also due to the wait he gave me a huge discount, usual what I got done would probably be near $1500, he did it only for $500. Dude is easily worth waiting for.
09D3DD75-84A8-43E3-BB30-8EC9D93989D0.jpeg

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Well although it was an 2 month wait, he actual started it August 30th, and then he finished it last Friday. Also due to the wait he gave me a huge discount, usual what I got done would probably be near $1500, he did it only for $500. Dude is easily worth waiting for. View attachment 256573

You must have had a different guy. Good deal for you. That's some great work, and I'm not a tat fan.

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad