OT: For our sanity: what are you doing this off-season?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Newcastle

"Countdown is incredibly popular in Sarah's hometown. No one gets anything done in Newcastle when Countdown is on, or indeed, when Countdown is not on."

"I'd imagine Sarah's very excited to be on Countdown tonight. Normally the only letters Geordies get are the ones from bailiffs."

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Finally saw Toy Story 4 with my hockey buddy and my granddaughter. Waited around for the credits to see who from MD had graduated to working on that film. Just one this time. It was good--lot of funny things within the plot. As someone in the profession (sort of, I'm more the business end, but still) I notice things like lighting and hair and the way an object bounces. They nailed those things. Plot got a bit draggy but was worth it in the end. I give it 3 stars.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
I decided it would be fun to see how fast I can sell my current home and move in to a new home. If all goes to plan it will be 50 days start to finish on both.

Reactions: Adz

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Had a fantastic time at Tolkien 2019 in Birmingham, UK. I was rather surprised to find a Tim Horton's in the city center.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Had a fantastic time at Tolkien 2019 in Birmingham, UK. I was rather surprised to find a Tim Horton's in the city center.
I saw your posts--ha ha, I thought you were in Birmingham ALABAMA so I was surprised about the Tim Horton's for sure.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Pretty eventful day for old Voldy today.

Eldest son started work as a flight instructor.. first paid job as an aviator.

Eldest daughter started work for the law firm that hired her.

Stepson had his first day of college classes.

You younger folks who hear us old guys say that time flies and think we are kidding... you're right... it doesnt fly, it goes by at warp speed.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. :(

But seriously, there is NOTHING I remember about high school or even really college, other than a general blur of basic times and places. That's like 15 years of --- :dunno:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. :(

But seriously, there is NOTHING I remember about high school or even really college, other than a general blur of basic times and places. That's like 15 years of --- :dunno:

My 1st hour class was right by my locker, so I could get to school a couple minutes before the bell and still be on time, which was a huge plus considering we started at 7:26 and no 14 year old wants to voluntarily be up at 7:26 in the morning.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I remember my first day of HS well, it was 23 years ago when I moved from Philly to Nashville. But I do have a really good memory anyway even if it wasn't a significant move, not quite photographic, but much better than most people in my experience.

Now if my wife sends me out the door with a Kroger list and then happens to say "oh, and get some bread too!" On the way out the door, I'll most likely forget the bread :p

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm pretty sure I had... lockers... in high school. I must have, right? Jeez. Do they sell something like early onset dementia insurance? :(

That said, I can always shock my kids by singing along with a wide array of songs from the 70s and 80s on the radio. I blew them away in Guitar Hero and Rock Band back in the day. Give me the mic stand and guitar --- that's where my high school memories went I guess. :dunno:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I'm pretty sure I had... lockers... in high school.

We had lockers but they were mostly useless. We had 4 minutes between classes in a huge school so unless our locker was on our way to our next class, we just had to carry our books in our backpacks all day. My backpack my junior year weighed 30 pounds and I had to walk 1.5 miles to and from school.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't really remember anything specific about my first day of high school, but with me being in marching band it always started basically a couple of weeks before it really started anyways. I do remember a couple of things from my first band camp though.

Granted next year will be 25 years since I graduated, so a couple of you got me feeling a bit old. I remember when I was the young guy around here lol.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't really remember anything specific about my first day of high school, but with me being in marching band it always started basically a couple of weeks before it really started anyways. I do remember a couple of things from my first band camp though.

Granted next year will be 25 years since I graduated, so a couple of you got me feeling a bit old. I remember when I was the young guy around here lol.

Half of our first day of orientation was spent learning our school's fight song. I really don't know why, no one ever sang it.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

In Philly, whatever city name you lived in was where you went to school. So moving here to a Smyrna address in '96 we just registered me for Smyrna... Except I was actually zoned for LaVergne and didn't find out until halfway through Bandcamp. Doing a 180 to a new show was a blitz, but it worked out since LHS won the Mayor's Cup again that year ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad