OT: For our sanity: what are you doing this off-season?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I posted this here because, I'm trying to find mid-life crisis ideas while broke. Also, the HFPreds ADHD is in full effect on all the other threads. Also, this is a chance to learn more about each other!

Every hockey media guy is ignoring hockey for a month. It's OK, you recharge the hockey batteries that way. Bobby Mac is going to drown in margaritas at his cottage. What are y'all gonna do?

PS: I love Pathfinder. Dragonfolk monk bay-bay!

Reactions: Adz

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Working and watching cheesy Hallmark movies. :sarcasm:

Going to a Jane Austen event in Louisville next weekend. Tolkien 2019 in England next month. RPGing once a month. And learning how to sew.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I play in two different sim hockey leagues.

My main league is the WHL
www.webhockeyleague.ca

For that league most of my summer is spent creating the rating set for the next season. Which means making a full rating for every player who appeared in at least 1 NHL game during the 18-19 season plus the 31 1st round picks from the 2019 draft.

My other league is more of a side distraction, it's the AHL www.atlantichockeyleague.com I've only been there for the past two seasons but somehow won GM of the year in both seasons.

In both of these leagues we also hold a full draft of 6-7 rounds, a free agency period, trading, etc. Plus you're in charge of a full farm system. So it keeps me pretty busy, usually the off-season is more hectic than the regular season.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I got away to see stuff like this, but I'm past mid life and not quite broke so that might not help you BFC999 but it did help me.

upload_2019-7-6_22-56-43.png

upload_2019-7-6_23-6-25.png

Last edited:

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I’ve been working, making a bunch of music (I play guitar and sing, and will have a song on iTunes/Spotify/SoundCloud/YouTube very soon), playing CHEL on NHL19, and also brushing up the skills on my skateboard. Just got a gym membership.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Turning to MLB and NASCAR, 2 sports I followed closely before the Preds were born in 1998. Also planning and budgeting the 2019-2020 sled hockey season. It's very likely the Sled Preds will have 3 adult teams and 1 jr team this season. That's in addition to the team we sponsor in Knoxville. As much as sled hockey has grown over the last few years, I don't really have a hockey off-season.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Ignoring hockey for a while. The way the Preds ended the season really made me mad and I just didn't want to have anything to do with hockey. I'm still not even that excited for next season, but signing Duchene made me a little excited.

Went to the NFL draft downtown, that was a lot of fun.

Watching baseball. Actually, I've mostly been listening.

Got a beach trip planned probably for August, then the Steelers/Titans preseason game.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Turning to MLB and NASCAR, 2 sports I followed closely before the Preds were born in 1998. Also planning and budgeting the 2019-2020 sled hockey season. It's very likely the Sled Preds will have 3 adult teams and 1 jr team this season. That's in addition to the team we sponsor in Knoxville. As much as sled hockey has grown over the last few years, I don't really have a hockey off-season.

The wife and kids came out to the shelter cup this past weekend and there was a sled demo on the other rink so we stopped by and watched. It’s amazing watching what they do on the ice. Good luck to the players heading up to Buffalo next week!!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My mother and sister are moving to Nashville so there has been some stuff associated with that. Niece is renovating a dance studio so last week I pulled up carpet that was put in when my daughter went there (last century!) Baseball game, some movies, soccer game. Went to Ren Faire. Watched part of Stranger Things 3. Work. Mourned a few friends who passed on. Spent time with family and a hockey friend. Nothing much really but I've kept busy.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
the braves young core finally coming around is making baseball enjoyable again. acuna, swanson, albies, camargo, and now Riley. along w/ the always steady freeman paired with some vets donaldson, mccann, markakis, ect. this team can hit. pitching will be the question if they can get past the dodgers in the NL. it's still great to see since atlanta is the closest we have to MLB.

work and traveling are 2 other things that have kept me busy since we were put out.

football will be here before we know it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
MLS soccer (altho the Crew are disappointing the hell out of me right now), and trying to get Win10 into usable shape on my hackintoshed laptop because I apparently can't be happy content unless I'm abusing myself with computer nonsense. ;)

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Less see...grilling (love my kamado grill).. just built a table for it to nest in and it's awesome. Lots of PS4. I'm just stuck playing the same couple of maps on Battlefield 4. Love Golmud Railway the most. We bought an RV so we've taken trips to the beach for Memorial Day, couple of other weekend trips here and there.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Padres are finally decent for the first time since 1998 so I've been all in on them. I mean I am every year but this year it doesn't suck.

Reactions: bdub24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Padres are finally decent for the first time since 1998 so I've been all in on them. I mean I am every year but this year it doesn't suck.

The Padres are "finally decent" for the first time since the Preds became a franchise. That's so crazy to me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Padres are "finally decent" for the first time since the Preds became a franchise. That's so crazy to me.
I should clarify a bit. We made the World Series the month the Preds started. We were decent from 04-07 but that accumulated in one playoff (game) win and until this year we'd been at .500 this late in the year once since 2007. So us actually being .500 in July with the unanimous top farm system is making me optimistic.

Those late starts though....

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I watch a lot of Discovery ID! So much so that my wife fears for her life since I point out all the mistakes the murderer always makes. I laugh and tell her the husband is always the first one questioned when the wife disappears and is always caught. I would not survive a day in jail, so she has nothing to fear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad