Value of: For fans of teams that need a starting goalie, would you rather trade for Bishop or Kuemper?

Who would you rather have?

• Bishop is better and would cost less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Why is Bishop being traded? Guy got hurt and his backup is having a good run. Nill isn't the type of GM to rashly trade away his starter based on an 18 game run by the backup.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Based on your vote, does that mean you’d be willing to “settle” for Bishop based on what you think they’d each cost in a potential trade?

Hmmm, maybe. Although I don’t know if Detroit would want to settle, we need a straight 1 - 2 punch in goal and from what I remember Bernier only has one year left on his contract and I doubt he re-signs here

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Bishop. Wild exposed Kuemper Mentally last year. During the game, Kuemper was taking trash when his team was winning, & after the wild specifically Koivu, Suter, Parise, foligno, Hartman pushed back and were essentially in his grill, he gave up 6 unanswered goal & was taken out from game

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hmmm, maybe. Although I don’t know if Detroit would want to settle, we need a straight 1 - 2 punch in goal and from what I remember Bernier only has one year left on his contract and I doubt he re-signs here

Do you think Kuemper is significantly better than Bishop? Both of them could theoretically be your #1, it just depends who you think is better and how much each would cost.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Kuemper. He makes less and plays more. You can set your watch to Bishop's spring injuries.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'd rather have Kuemper than Bishop, but the rumor is a 1st for him.
I'm a Flames fan, and it looks like they need a starter.
To be honest, I think I'd take another flyer on Talbot, or I'd try to sign Hotlby over both of them. Holbty is only 31 years old, and he's had plenty of playoff experience and won a Stanley Cup. If you can lock him up for no longer than 4 years that's what I would do.
Why trade assets which look to be draft picks for either Bishop or Kuemper where you could get a goalie for free?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Kuemper is a system goalie. He would be great on some teams and poor on others IMO.
Bishop is simply a good goalie, period.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Kuemper has more value. Lower cap hit, One less year, and 3 years younger. and has been healthy for the most part. Value is a mid round to late round 1st and a 3rd with a small+

Bishop is the more proven goalie and not a product of the teams system but his injury history depresses his value

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Kuemper will help a team playing any system. Bishop needs to be in the right defensively minded system to be effective. And even then, Bishop might just be done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad