For all the Schremp haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
The anti-Rob Schremp crowd will "love" this.

I had a chance to catch up with Rob after the London Knights game last night and speak to him for a few moments.

Directly after the game ended, Robbie stood outside the Knights dressing room (in full uniform, skates and all) while everyone else was inside changing, and signed autographs and took photos with for about 15 minutes.

When he came back out after getting changed I asked him how his time was in North Dakota, he replied that it was a blast and he had a great time. Then I asked him about Scott Sandelin and what he thought about his coach and the "icetime scandal". Rob then said that he and Sandelin got along just fine and that he was happy with the opportunites he was given by the US team, he did not seem one ounce bitter. Hardly the selfish, non-team player ranting answers that the haters on this board would have expected.

Everytime I have met this guy in-person, he has always been very talkative, friendly and genuinly appreciate of his fans. I can't wait till he makes people eat years worth of harsh words and criticisms.

P.S. He had 4 pts. (2g ,2a) in the game. :handclap:

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Shouldn't he have been in the dressing room with his teammates after the game instead of playing divas with the fans?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
joejohnstone said:
The anti-Rob Schremp crowd will "love" this.

I had a chance to catch up with Rob after the London Knights game last night and speak to him for a few moments.

Directly after the game ended, Robbie stood outside the Knights dressing room (in full uniform, skates and all) while everyone else was inside changing, and signed autographs and took photos with for about 15 minutes.

When he came back out after getting changed I asked him how his time was in North Dakota, he replied that it was a blast and he had a great time. Then I asked him about Scott Sandelin and what he thought about his coach and the "icetime scandal". Rob then said that he and Sandelin got along just fine and that he was happy with the opportunites he was given by the US team, he did not seem one ounce bitter. Hardly the selfish, non-team player ranting answers that the haters on this board would have expected.

Everytime I have met this guy in-person, he has always been very talkative, friendly and genuinly appreciate of his fans. I can't wait till he makes people eat years worth of harsh words and criticisms.

P.S. He had 4 pts. (2g ,2a) in the game. :handclap:

This is what i've been saying all year! I've seen this kid 100 times and the overall improvement is phenomenal, especially defensively. I've read numerous articles on him in the London Free Press and he has said and done all the right things the past 2 years.

Its nice to see him back in London, 2g 2a in first game back. I can't wait to tonight and Sunday against Owen Sound. It'll be fun to watch both squads with a full team.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Fozz said:
Shouldn't he have been in the dressing room with his teammates after the game instead of playing divas with the fans?

Exactly Schremp = selfish puck hog who is a diva. ;)

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
London Knights said:
Exactly Schremp = selfish puck hog who is a diva. ;)

So if Gretzky or any othe NHL superstar is signing autographs while the rest of the team is getting undressed, there divas and selfish?
I don't think so, it proves how unselfish Schremp is.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Fozz said:
?? It's a junior game. Not a game 7 loss in the NHL.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
joejohnstone said:
Rob then said that he and Sandelin got along just fine and that he was happy with the opportunites he was given by the US team, he did not seem one ounce bitter.

Say what you will about Schremp but at the very least he seems to have developed the knack for saying the right things.

An article in the Sun yesterday echoes the same thing he told joejohnstone

"I was used well," Schremp said. "I took my opportunities and did what I did with them. I was happy just to be here and then to get ice time the last couple of games. It was a great opportunity for me."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2005/01/06/812372.html

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
It's people like Fozz and copperandblue that will never, ever change their view that Schremp is an ass. You just can't convince them that maybe, just maybe, Schremp is a decent guy. You can give them all the andecotes you want, but they'll find something ("it's all an act", "he should've been in the locker room instead of getting his ego off by signing autographs") to explain it away. Kind of sad, really.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
Mr Bugg said:
It's people like Fozz and copperandblue that will never, ever change their view that Schremp is an ass. You just can't convince them that maybe, just maybe, Schremp is a decent guy. You can give them all the andecotes you want, but they'll find something ("it's all an act", "he should've been in the locker room instead of getting his ego off by signing autographs") to explain it away. Kind of sad, really.

Why would you lump me into that?

I have no problems with Schremp, in fact as an Oiler fan I look forward to seeing how he develops and am optimistic about his future.

The only reason I am not trumpeting that the guy is the be all and end all is simply because these threads tend to turn into "your wrong - no wrong wrong" type of things.

My personal take on the situation is that there were probably some legitimate reasons why at one point or another he was given his label as a bit of a problem child. Frankly though, I don't care if at 17 a kid doesn't quite have a grasp on the idea that there is more to the game than the individual as long as by the time he is 20 he has shown the expected signs of maturity.

So far (meaning since the draft) I have seen nothing and heard nothing that would suggest that this kid won't be successful interms of handling the game as a pro.

That's why I posted the link...to give credence to joejohnstone's post...not to discredit Schremp...

se7en*

La-La-Laprise said:
5 on 5 Schremp disappears.

The Oilers are one of the best 5-on-5 teams in the whole league, and Schremp has tons of time to work on 5-on-5, so no one's sweating it .

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
copperblue, I inferred your post to mean that you thought Schremp was only saying what he did because that's what he'd been coached to say on the issue. I apologize if you meant differently.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Okay, I see Schremp play day in a day out as a knights season ticket holder. There is no doubt that he has matured as a player and a person. Go Hunter!

BUT, as any developing players, he is prown to lapses in judgement. Yes, he has improved considerably on defense...but he also turns over the puck, still at an alarming rate. Usually its not detrimental to the game. But he consistantly goes the high risk pass and ices the puck when he shouldn't.

Throughout the year, he has been getting better, and it does show that he is trying to improve his game. I'm glad Kevin Lowe and company told him at the evaluation camp to shoot more...this kid has a rediculous shot from the circle.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Fozz said:

What a moronic statement. A swear the people on this board get less intelligent as the days pass.

This was a meaningless OHL game, I don't think anyone noticed that he wasn't showering with them, but instead, signing autographs for the fans.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
People who stand around signing autographs do so because they are unselfish right? :shakehead

Maybe its a good thing, many of the best athletes have enormous egos to stoke. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad