"For a day the NHL moved into the mountains..."

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Yeah, that's effing amazing. I can understand why the players felt they were in the movie Mystery, Alaska.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Pretty sweet. It's been many years since I've been able to hike into the BC mountains - it's a very rare thing to be able to skate on our mountain lakes. You generally need cold, clear weather for at least a week - with zero precipitation, because once snow gets on the first layer of ice, that's it for the year. It will not blow off and can't properly be scraped off because west coast snow is fairly wet, and sticks. Maybe you have heard of coastal concrete.

It's a dream of mine to hike into Widgeon Lake and skate there if the conditions ever permit, and I am back in SW BC.

Anyway, nice to have the money for helicopters to do this. Pretty cool though, and I imagine the photographer had a drone up there as well. Would love to see that video.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
It was a Molson commercial. But even a helicopter ride into the mountains to play hockey at the top of a mountain couldn’t convince me to drink that swill. Super gross beer.

Bud Lite says "hold my beer". [Holy meta! I think my head is about to explode!] :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah they flew out of Calgary that was in Alberta. Great commercial. Here’s the full length version, try not have a tear in your like when you’re cutting onions.

Jesus that's beautiful. I loved it. That said...Who is that?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It would be amazing if the NHL could play a game or two at Lake Louise. Plus you wouldn't have to helicopter everyone to the lake and there is a world class hotel right there.

lululemonodc-017.jpg

Reactions: periferal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad