Value of: Foote brothers to Montreal

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Doubt it. Tampa is pretty committed to the Footes at this point. I think they expect to put Nolan Foote on the wing of Stamkos and Kucherov in the near future.
Unless he quickly makes massive amelioration on his skating ability, I don't see it happening "in the near future"... reading this thread, these 2 are definitely overrated because of their last name. Good prospects, but suzuki + romanov would require a + to move them is just laughable. Tampa probably doesn't have a need for players like Tatar and Petry right now which is fine. They probably need elc players who can contribute shortly which is fine too. Don't need to trade Tatar and Petry to them. We don't need the Feet anymore then any other talented prospects from other organizations for Petry and Tatar.

Reactions: haveandare

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
Why? Tampa is happy with the Footes (Feete?) and Montreal overvalues their prospects so there really is no point.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Unless he quickly makes massive amelioration on his skating ability, I don't see it happening "in the near future"..

Yeah, Nolan is definitely going to be a bit of a project. That said we’ve had a lot of success improving the skating of prospects for whom that was their chief limiting factor, and he has all the other tools to be successful. If we can fix his skating he could end up being the steal of the draft (and if not, at least we took a shot.)

And it’s not that we overrate the Feete, it’s that they both fit a key need for us and we have no reason to trade them. That, combined with the fact that Montreal doesn’t have a lot to offer that a) would interest us, and b) we can afford cap-wise, means that the list of acceptable payment options is going to consist of pieces you don’t want to move. As would be expected when you’re asking for a team’s two best prospects.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We can only afford rentals. Neither of those two are going for a rental.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Stay away from our feet. There are more than enough rentals out there to fill what Tampa needs. I gritty fourth liner one or two third line types that could play up if needed for a game here and there. None of these will be expensive a 4th for a grinder a 2nd for one third liner rental and maybe a prospect for another. Those ELC's are the only way to extend the cup window. Depending on cap increase if futile.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I would love to see Bergevin offer sheet Sergachev around the same years/AAV than they did last year with Aho. Could Tampa Bay match?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would love to see Bergevin offer sheet Sergachev around the same years/AAV than they did last year with Aho. Could Tampa Bay match?

Maybe. Cirelli might be the better target. I could see us matching on Sergachev and having it cost us Cirelli. I can't see us matching on Cirelli and having it cost us Sergachev.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
first we start with the foote brothers

then is killorn??? 20 goals best year of life ya no thanks

now as far as foote brothers each would take a 1st plus

tampa has 8.3 milly available at deadline is deals to be made but they only could use either a 1st or second line forward who can score and play with stamkos or kucherov and be super productive who is cheap rental maybe think pageau type of fit

or they could imho absolutely use a fourth LINE grinder heavy with tons of GRIT.....

is absolutely nothing else this team needs right now....

as far as ya'll worrying on cirelli and sergachev both are locks to get signed no worries... a vet will go though it happens its hockey...

i personally HOPE that nolan foote can come in fast track and take a spot next year myself.... love the kid

cal foote is playing ok in syracuse on a bad team cause of goaltending i think he needs more time though on offense but especially on having more physical play consistently...... i do see him asa a long term d man for tampa and by 2022 probably we will be exceedingly happy with his play overall

agree absolutely no reason to trade the foote brothers unless some team really likes them and makes a top offer a 1st and a good prospect in terms of an over pay to get brisebois to do it.

next year tampa will need cal foote in the nhl after shattenkirk leaves for ufa and we probably will trade Killorn this summer so we can sign cirelli, cernak and sergachev to new deals. So ya there is a chance Nolan foote makes the Lightning next season.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Maybe. Cirelli might be the better target. I could see us matching on Sergachev and having it cost us Cirelli. I can't see us matching on Cirelli and having it cost us Sergachev.

That’s too bad. I thought with 8ish millions available next year with Cirelli, Sergachev and having to fill the roster with 3 more players (1F, 2D) that sending an offer sheet that would already put Tampa Bay over the cap would be enough for them to not match a 8.4M offer sheet on Sergachev.

I can’t possibly see Montreal offering an offer sheet to Cirelli though. Sergachev would’ve been the obvious target - for the same reasons that you guys would have/want to match

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

I like Cirelli but I don't know if he'd be enough of an upgrade going forward on any of Suzuki/Danault/Kotkaniemi to warrant giving up the assets. Bergevin should have made a real offer to Aho last year honestly, he's the type of dynamic 1C they need

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I like Cirelli but I don't know if he'd be enough of an upgrade going forward on any of Suzuki/Danault/Kotkaniemi to warrant giving up the assets. Bergevin should have made a real offer to Aho last year honestly, he's the type of dynamic 1C they need

Cirelli isn’t a 1C but he’s a damn good 2C. Since entering the league he’s statistically been one of the very best defensive and PK forwards in the NHL (I’m talking top two or three here), and he’s currently on pace for a 20 goal, almost 60 point season (granted some of that has to do with the team he’s on, but that’s balanced by the fact that he gets almost no power play time.) He gives consistent effort better than just about anyone on our team and was one of the few who had nothing to be ashamed about with regard to his performance against Columbus last postseason. And this year we moved team captain and future Hall of Famer Steven Stamkos to the wing so we could put Cirelli in the top six. Above all the kid just has “winner” written all over him - he’s not the biggest offensive star on the team but if you asked me who would put in a hypothetical SCF Game 7 overtime GWG his name would be on the shortlist.

In short I REALLY hope it doesn’t come down to choosing between him and Sergachev, though I’m afraid that’s looking rather likely at the moment.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Can't see TB giving up the Foote brothers for vet players the habs would want to deal Tatar etc. It would have to be for equally good young prospects.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->