Footbalance Insoles - Are they worth it

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Pedagogue, Sep 24, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Pedagogue

Pedagogue Registered User

I was at a very popular Hockey Store in the greater Toronto area a few days ago. There was a footbalance technician there fitting custom footbalance insoles for people. I was just wondering if anyone has had them made for their skates. Is it worth the $60. I'd be especially curious to hear from those who have really flat feet and have had issues getting skates/insoles to fit properly. BTW- this is their website www.footbalance.com just in case people don't know what the product is.

2. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

Just curious, was it at Majer? iirc they had a device there that 'maps' your foot

3. noobman

noobman Registered User

Graf SIDAS footbeds are really popular, and are shaped to your foot as well. They're used by many pros (even those who don't wear Graf skates).

4. Pedagogue

Pedagogue Registered User

Yes, the store was Majer Hockey. I skate in Grafs and my feet are very very flat. Right now I have the sidas footbeds that came with the 705's. I am still in a lot of pain after I skate. I've worn the skates about 6 times. Just wondering if these insoles are worth it?

5. AIREAYE

AIREAYE Moderator

I dont know much about those footbeds, but you should make sure you can get some sort of return policy on them. It would suck if you grabbed a pair and find out you still have pain a few skates later.

Ever tried Superfeet? They have a 30 day return policy so it doesnt matter if you've used them/cut them; if you're not satisfied just return them.

6. Stickmata

Stickmata Registered User

:laugh: If you're only 6 skates in, I'd give it more time before you make any decision. My Grafs took forever to break in and it was a very painful process, which I understand from talking to a lot of people is par for the course with Grafs. Long break in period, but worth it when they finally get there.

I've done the Superfeet custom footbeds and I don't think its worth the money. I've actually swapped in and out between by custom and the stock Sidas footbed that came in my 703 and I prefer the standard Sidas.

7. budster

budster Schoolyard Puck

Home Page:
    I have Bauer skates and use SIDAS (although they weren't under the Graf label). I had them made at a ski shop. I can't recommend them enough.