Footbalance Insoles - Are they worth it

Pedagogue

May 31, 2009
I was at a very popular Hockey Store in the greater Toronto area a few days ago. There was a footbalance technician there fitting custom footbalance insoles for people. I was just wondering if anyone has had them made for their skates. Is it worth the $60. I'd be especially curious to hear from those who have really flat feet and have had issues getting skates/insoles to fit properly. BTW- this is their website www.footbalance.com just in case people don't know what the product is.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Just curious, was it at Majer? iirc they had a device there that 'maps' your foot

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Graf SIDAS footbeds are really popular, and are shaped to your foot as well. They're used by many pros (even those who don't wear Graf skates).

Pedagogue

May 31, 2009
Just curious, was it at Majer? iirc they had a device there that 'maps' your foot

Yes, the store was Majer Hockey. I skate in Grafs and my feet are very very flat. Right now I have the sidas footbeds that came with the 705's. I am still in a lot of pain after I skate. I've worn the skates about 6 times. Just wondering if these insoles are worth it?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I dont know much about those footbeds, but you should make sure you can get some sort of return policy on them. It would suck if you grabbed a pair and find out you still have pain a few skates later.

Ever tried Superfeet? They have a 30 day return policy so it doesnt matter if you've used them/cut them; if you're not satisfied just return them.

Stickmata

Aug 30, 2011
Yes, the store was Majer Hockey. I skate in Grafs and my feet are very very flat. Right now I have the sidas footbeds that came with the 705's. I am still in a lot of pain after I skate. I've worn the skates about 6 times. Just wondering if these insoles are worth it?

:laugh: If you're only 6 skates in, I'd give it more time before you make any decision. My Grafs took forever to break in and it was a very painful process, which I understand from talking to a lot of people is par for the course with Grafs. Long break in period, but worth it when they finally get there.

I've done the Superfeet custom footbeds and I don't think its worth the money. I've actually swapped in and out between by custom and the stock Sidas footbed that came in my 703 and I prefer the standard Sidas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad