[Footage] 1992-93: Pavel Bure, Goals 39-60. Previously Unavailable Footage.

JA

As society has become more accustomed to the use of YouTube over the past eight years, much footage has emerged that would have previously been unavailable to the general public. This past month, one individual has compiled several of Pavel Bure's goals from the 1992-93 Vancouver Canucks season, many of which have not been seen in over 20 years.

These goals were scored during Bure's slump in the second half of the 1992-93 season. Enjoy this new footage.

Also, this user has posted all of Bure's goals from the 1994 Stanley Cup playoffs:

Thanks to the user, Coffee Ketchup, on YouTube, this rare footage is now available.

Last edited by a moderator:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Nice footage. I noticed he didn't look as fluid on the skates on some of those rushes, and that he scored quite a bunch of those goals with his slapper. If he was a 100 per cent healthy the whole season he most probably would have pushed 70–75 goals. Because it was 92–93.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Thanks for posting these. Back in the day Bure was such an amazing talent. Had he played in the 80's I think he could have came close to scoring 80-90 goals in a season.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
oh man, that first video... sounds like they were all taped off sports page. randorf, taylor, carson... and is that a young shorthouse?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Thanks for posting these. Back in the day Bure was such an amazing talent. Had he played in the 80's I think he could have came close to scoring 80-90 goals in a season.

The guy was incredible. It makes you wonder what his career totals would have been if he didn't blow out his knee in 95, that basically ruined two seasons for him and then contributed to retirement at age 32.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love the goal from behind the net at about 30 seconds. That's the sort of creativity I want to see more of in today's league.

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
A rich man's Kessel. And I mean that as a compliment.

Meh, the speed and the shot but Bure was way more willing to engage physically and take abuse. He's more reckless and doesn't really give a **** about then defenseman trying to hit him while going to the net. As a Leafs fan, Kessel ALWAYS cuts to the outside and tries for a wrist shot when he's on a rush by himself.

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
Meh, the speed and the shot but Bure was way more willing to engage physically and take abuse. He's more reckless and doesn't really give a **** about then defenseman trying to hit him while going to the net. As a Leafs fan, Kessel ALWAYS cuts to the outside and tries for a wrist shot when he's on a rush by himself.

ot92s

Nov 5, 2011
A rich man's Kessel. And I mean that as a compliment.

right on. if anyone had the brains to find kessel the 25+ min per game pavel logged he'd be dropping 45-50 a year in his sleep too. that's how good 81 is. can't wait to see what he can do in sochi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad