OT: Food Glorious Food thread.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My first attempt with the air fryer.... Bone-in pork chops. I used this recipe for a rub, but I didn't have paprika so I substituted Old Bay. :laugh:

Best Damn Air Fryer Pork Chops - RecipeTeacher

Not bad!

20201109_181202.jpg

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Air fryers also do wonders for hot dogs... Five minutes at 400 degrees... Then put it in a bun and back in the air fryer another two minutes to toast the bun. Yum.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Resurrecting this thread because I'm looking for salad recipes. I'm going to a get-together next month where we're supposed to bring our favorite salad. o_O

I don't have a favorite salad. I do cookies. :laugh: :sarcasm:

So... any suggestions for salad for a group?

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Not sure what kind of salad you're looking for...like a leafy green salad, or any kind of salad?

This is a personal favorite in the summer.
Resurrecting this thread because I'm looking for salad recipes. I'm going to a get-together next month where we're supposed to bring our favorite salad. o_O

Not sure what kind of salad you're looking for, like a leafy green salad or any kind of salad, but this is a personal fave.

Grilled Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad

Also big fan of peaches, basil, mozzarella, seasoned with s&p and italian seasoning and then drizzled with balsamic glaze.

Reactions: Bruinaura

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

This is easy to put together and the dressing is really good.

Harvest Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing

1 bag baby spinach
1 bag romaine lettuce
3 gala apples chopped, or any other apple of your choice. I peel the apples but you can leave the skin if you want
4-8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 to 1 cup cashews or sunflower seeds
A few handfuls of dried cranberries or cherries

Dressing
3/4 cup sugar, or you can use Splenda if you need to watch your sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tbsp freshly grated onion
1 tbsp poppy seeds
Salt To Taste

Mix ingredients together. Then slowly whisk in 1 cup Canola Oil. Toss salad with the dressing just before serving to keep the vegetable crisp. Dressing can separate so if you make it ahead of time be sure to whisk or shake it up before pouring it on the salad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinaura

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
ButcherBox sent us 2 packages of chicken thighs instead of breasts by accident. I got a credit, but now I have some thighs I won’t really use (I don’t like dark meat, I’m weird, I know)

figure keep them in the freezer and when football season starts and we have people over throw them in the smoker for others to enjoy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
ButcherBox sent us 2 packages of chicken thighs instead of breasts by accident. I got a credit, but now I have some thighs I won’t really use (I don’t like dark meat, I’m weird, I know)

figure keep them in the freezer and when football season starts and we have people over throw them in the smoker for others to enjoy

I have a killer chicken taco recipe that uses thighs. You marinate them and then cook them on the grill. Dammit, now I want tacos and it's national fajita day...

Reactions: Kate08

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I'm dense... does that mean you love it or hate it? lol

I love Chicken Salad Chick.
I have been known to have three different types of chicken salad in the fridge at one time.....favorite is the Asian from a local grocery......

I judge a restaurant if they serve chicken salad or how good it is.....how good is CSC?

I don't need a restaurant chain that only serves chicken salad.....that's why the 'help me'.....luckily there isn't one close to the Cave......

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have been known to have three different types of chicken salad in the fridge at one time.....favorite is the Asian from a local grocery......

I judge a restaurant if they serve chicken salad or how good it is.....how good is CSC?

I don't need a restaurant chain that only serves chicken salad.....that's why the 'help me'.....luckily there isn't one close to the Cave......
They are fantastic. Many different flavor options. Plus a good rewards program, I've gotten a lot of free chicken salad. :D

Restaurant Menu | Casual Dining | Chicken Salad Chick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad