Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Egg cheese and chicken biscuit
EED3D311-1C17-4BAB-861F-2BA31CB30B3A.jpeg

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I've been going hard on the diet since I got into an ice cream & candy kick in June, adding a couple lbs back on. I've decided I get a cheat day Saturday since it'll be raining all day. I've settled on cooking a full pack of bacon, a bunch of toast, and about 6 scrambled eggs (with some milk & cheese). I think I'll also grab fast-fries as a home fries replacement (frozen french fries basically).

Cannot wait, I'm giddy waiting to go to the store after work today. I hope I can hold out to Saturday.

Reactions: Gee Wally

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
One of the many things I loved about living in Texas was learning how to make a mean Carne Asada. It'll change the way you think about flank steak. Had a little chicken left over too so grilled it up last night also.

Throw in some home made tortillas, cheese, pico, diced onion and cilantro and dang........

Going to hit the leftovers for lunch today....
upload_2020-7-13_11-49-14.png

Last edited:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Found another healthy thing that is easy & actually tastes good: Boneless, Skinless chicken breast brined (15 min bath in warm water with some salt added in). Wash it off and brush with olive oil. Liberally apply Montreal Steak Seasoning (Yes, the steak seasoning). My big tip is to get some seasoning on the pan (I actually use tinfoil on a baking sheet for quick clean up); it chars and makes a delicious dipping treat when plated.

12 oz chicken breast like this comes in around 600 calories & nearly 100 g of protein. I usually cut up a bell pepper, half an english cucumber, and some radish to go with it. I am a weirdo and love those fresh/unseasoned so I don't use any dressing.

Filling/easy/healthy dinner coming in around 700 calories, 100 grams of protein, and a solid amount of fresh veg.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Down here in Marshfield there is a BBQ place called Fetch that might be the best BBQ around the area. Unbelievable. Had a sandwich for lunch that had both brisket and pulled pork on it. Meat was unreal. They also making their own cinnamon buns that might be the best I’ve ever had.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Down here in Marshfield there is a BBQ place called Fetch that might be the best BBQ around the area. Unbelievable. Had a sandwich for lunch that had both brisket and pulled pork on it. Meat was unreal. They also making their own cinnamon buns that might be the best I’ve ever had.
Great to know, I'm down on the South Shore and love good BBQ; I've struggled to find anything decent in MA after being spoiled in an old job that had me in the south a lot.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Great to know, I'm down on the South Shore and love good BBQ; I've struggled to find anything decent in MA after being spoiled in an old job that had me in the south a lot.
They are only open Wed-Sun 11-6. They actually sold out of food last Saturday. They have specials everyday too

Reactions: Bocephus86

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Suddenly the chicken breast I have marinating has lost it's luster.

Will definitely check that out, I'm about equally close to Abington & Marshfield. Maybe a BBQ binge day is in my future.

Had the Tipsy Pig this weekend. There had to be a pound of meat on that sandwich. Plus, their fries are outstanding, and I usually skip fries. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Bocephus86

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Is Red Bones still around? There used to be a Cajun place on Mass Ave, close to Berklee College of Music. Guessing it's long gone.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Made home made pita chips for the first time in years tonight.

Forgot how easy and delicious they are.

Coat cut up pieces of pita bread in olive oil and garlic powder.
Bake 15-20 minutes on 275.
Salt after cooking.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Ordered Brixx wood-fired pizza and bread sticks through Door Dash. Placed the order at 6:04... It was on my doorstep at 6:20. :eek: Pretty good during peak dinner time on a Friday.

It's tasty but not sure I'd order it very often.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If any of you are on or visit the cape there is a BBQ/taco truck in East Falmouth called wicked wood and it is SO good

I get the burnt ends with Mac and cheese often. So bad for my body, so good for my soul

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If any of you are on or visit the cape there is a BBQ/taco truck in East Falmouth called wicked wood and it is SO good

I get the burnt ends with Mac and cheese often. So bad for my body, so good for my soul

thanks. Good to know.
If things work out for me I’ll be going back in mid September.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->