OT: Food Glorious Food thread.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm sure this has come up before but I got an air-fryer for Christmas and absolutely love it.

Especially for leftovers -- pizza heats up quick and is crispy.

As an aside, I've become addicted to english muffins with butter and blueberry jam --- stonewall kitchen, to be specific.

I swear I've eaten 6 dozen in the past 2 months - breakfast, lunch (a time or 2) or snack.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Burger Tuesday. Avec cheese...
afVScEn.jpg

avec fromage .

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Made an avocado cream sauce in the magic bullet. It was incredible.

Blended two avocados and some lime juice, then started to add some roasted onion/tomato/red pepper, but they weren't mixing well so I added milk. Turned out amazing, the consistency was perfect in the end. Had it with quinoa and pork. Good meal.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
View attachment 345660 View attachment 345661

Linguini Fini with pepper sauce.

Quick lunch, while the water boils and the pasta cooks the linguini fini in 5-6 minutes. This quick sauce comes together, it's a mix of aglio e olio from the Italian side. Vinha d'alhos from the Portuguese side and the onions, spices, butter from my side. So its a mix of lots of garlic, onions, white wine, vinegar, tomato passata and pepper paste. Seasoning salt, oregano and freshly ground black pepper.

Saute onions and garlic then add pepper paste, passata. Cooks a few minutes. Then add wine let cook it down. Then add vinegar and seasonings. Slowly simmer until pasta is ready. Then add pasta to sauce mix well and finish with the butter.

Pepper paste can be replaced by hot sauce.
Passata can be replaced by crushed tomatoes or tomato paste.
Dry wine that you drink would be best.
Spaghetti aldo works well.

Pepper paste could be done by cooking peppers until soft (20 to 30 minutes) then pass them in a food mill. Season with salt. Keeps in fridge for a few months. Can be hot, medium or mild. Depending on peppers you use.
What kind of vinegar are you using in this?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
What kind of vinegar are you using in this?
The best one for this is the regular white distilled vinegar, you need the zing of acidity to round out the flavors.

The peppers for the pepper paste when in season is the Crimson hot. After cooked and drained they lose half the heat which makes it more user friendly.

Reactions: sooshii

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
The best one for this is the regular white distilled vinegar, you need the zing of acidity to round out the flavors.

The peppers for the pepper paste when in season is the Crimson hot. After cooked and drained they lose half the heat which makes it more user friendly.
Had this for lunch - it was yummy. I used fresh oregano & a little lemon basil at the end. Thanks Spooner!

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Had this for lunch - it was yummy. I used fresh oregano & a little lemon basil at the end. Thanks Spooner!
You're welcome,I finish it with butter. Basil is a good touch.

From late august to end of September it's peppers season. I strongly recommend you make the pepper paste.it last for years... lots of great recipes for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
You're welcome,I finish it with butter. Basil is a good touch.

From late august to end of September it's peppers season. I strongly recommend you make the pepper paste.it last for years... lots of great recipes for it.
I have a bed of pepper plants (mostly hot) but they’re not ready yet! Had my dog chase a rabbit out this morning.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
for lunch i had a bowl of tostitos and im on my second la fin du monde. the beer from unibroue that never gives you a hangover. so good.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
6CBB5519-A004-4BA5-99DA-C809CEEBFF30.jpeg

Today we did everyone’s favorite from the Head Chef (me). My oldest son who is on a nutrition program for gaining weight had a cheat day so he asked for homemade pizza. My Wife and youngest son asked for pan seared scallops, with a wasabi sauce. Me? NY strip and some rice with garlic, onions, shallots and red peppers.

Oh, and a fantastic local NEIPA from Fox Farm in Salem, CT. Even in a pandemic life can be all right, for a few minutes. Hope everyone is well.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I call this “Cooking on Mondays is Dumb so Let’s Bring out the Appliances”

instant pot buffalo chicken made into sammies
Trader Joe’s handout fries in the air fryer
Corn I needed to use up
610E4C13-1150-467C-A3F4-35427A4CB43A.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad