OT: Food Glorious Food thread.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
236D2082-2F62-4F3D-A220-A626D01321E5.jpeg

I happened to making turkey tacos!

We go through about 5lbs of ground turkey a week.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just ate some home made flat bread pizza. Came out real good.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Awesome, thanks man!

I got top sirloin for $5 less a pound than strips. Salt and pepper, rosemary and thyme sprigs in the bag, then 2 hours at 131 degrees. Take out of the bag, pat dry, then sear for a minute on each side in peanut oil and butter using a rocket hot cast iron pan. Perfect medium rare, and could be cut with a fork. Stayed tender after being in the fridge when I used it for salad the next day, and cold beef is never tender, especially the cheaper cuts.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I got top sirloin for $5 less a pound than strips. Salt and pepper, rosemary and thyme sprigs in the bag, then 2 hours at 131 degrees. Take out of the bag, pat dry, then sear for a minute on each side in peanut oil and butter using a rocket hot cast iron pan. Perfect medium rare, and could be cut with a fork. Stayed tender after being in the fridge when I used it for salad the next day, and cold beef is never tender, especially the cheaper cuts.

Pun intended, well done man, well done

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
This should be a good thread. We can title it the "Quarantine Canteen".

Will post a daily the meal of the day just to show that us over here in Europe haven't given up on the good things in life and every night will "salut" to those absent and present.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Making sheppards pie tonight. No peas at the store, so with corn.

Made a lasagna a few nights ago and fried rice yesterday.

I recommend chicken marsala.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Went to a local wing place (DJs) that’s still doing take out

Hot buffalo garlic wings >>>

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I've been all in on ground turkey for the last year as part of my plan to get healthy. Cook it in a pan with garlic & onion powder, save it off in a tupperware. Throughout the week I mix it with refried beans, salsa, guac, corn & hot sauce, then eat it in tacos/wraps/burrito bowls, whatever I'm feeling. It's healthy, super quick/only need to cook it at the beginning of the week, and it feels different enough each night that I don't get bored since I can change up the final format.
Also its high in fiber so I can eat it at like 630 for dinner and I make it to bed without wanting to snack.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I've been all in on ground turkey for the last year as part of my plan to get healthy. Cook it in a pan with garlic & onion powder, save it off in a tupperware. Throughout the week I mix it with refried beans, salsa, guac, corn & hot sauce, then eat it in tacos/wraps/burrito bowls, whatever I'm feeling. It's healthy, super quick/only need to cook it at the beginning of the week, and it feels different enough each night that I don't get bored since I can change up the final format.
Also its high in fiber so I can eat it at like 630 for dinner and I make it to bed without wanting to snack.

I like that idea a lot, may start incorporating it into my rotation

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I like that idea a lot, may start incorporating it into my rotation
If you get the higher fat mix (still not bad, I think 93/7), pour out some of the liquid before storing it in the fridge. Cold turkey fat is gross looking. But you might not be as squeemish as I am about that. Was the only step I forgot to mention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->