Confirmed with Link: Foligno to Toronto for TOR 1st 2021, 4th 2022

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don't recall that incident; I had always thought he was let go since he was making a big deal about the Jackets clinching their first ever playoff spot when the rest of the broadcast team was being told not to make a big deal of it that night.
The Minnesota comment wasn’t the reason he was fired. Just a part of the saga. He didn’t always polish the turds the front office was dropping.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I'll go out on a limb and say that Bjorkstrand might make a good captain, at least as far as on-ice leadership goes. He always plays the right way.
I can see him with an "A" for the exact reason you state, the on-ice leadership, playing the right way. I don't see him as being vocal enough to get the "C", but I have no idea what he is like in the room.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just noticed something so I'm going to share this graph of Foligno's contract one more time.

The idea that Foligno "got paid based on an absurd career year" is deeply ingrained here, and JFresh himself says something that sounds similar, but it is in fact very different to say he "got paid well following a career year". Look at what the graph actually shows. Foligno put up a WAR of 4.5 that year, an astounding figure. Yet the Cap-hit expected WAR is under 2.0, i.e. his cap hit was much closer to his performance during the contract than it was to his career year.

That Foligno "got paid well following a career year" would be a true statement but he didn't get paid on the expectation that he would be putting up 4.5 WAR and 70+ pts every year. That's like $8m-$9m per.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I just noticed something so I'm going to share this graph of Foligno's contract one more time.

The idea that Foligno "got paid based on an absurd career year" is deeply ingrained here, and JFresh himself says something that sounds similar, but it is in fact very different to say he "got paid well following a career year". Look at what the graph actually shows. Foligno put up a WAR of 4.5 that year, an astounding figure. Yet the Cap-hit expected WAR is under 2.0, i.e. his cap hit was much closer to his performance during the contract than it was to his career year.

That Foligno "got paid well following a career year" would be a true statement but he didn't get paid on the expectation that he would be putting up 4.5 WAR and 70+ pts every year. That's like $8m-$9m per.

Three posts later someone will be like ‘he was overpaid based on a career year...’

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Source that says Bjorkstrand market value is 10 million plus causes me to be a bit skeptical about Foligno being fairly paid. :dunno:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Foligno isn't flashy, so certain folks can't stand the idea that he's anything other than yet another replaceable nobody.

Reactions: LJ7201

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I would be interested in a reassessment of this now that another year has passed.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Jarmo has been the one gradually trading/letting go of that legacy. I could understand it for a while - we could afford to lose a little grit to get some talent. But we stopped being flush with character a while ago and now we might just be in dire need of it.

And these types of moves are exactly what the vast amount of “CBJ fans” around here and on Twitter wanted to happen.

The problem isn’t about “character” or “grit vs. talent”.

What the CBJ team used to be FULL OF was GOOD TWO WAY PLAYERS. Players not only WILLING to give effort, but, actually SMART and GOOD all over the ice.

Exactly what makes a TEAM a good team. Grit AND talent.

But, “it wasn’t good enough”.

Need more goalzzzzzzzz!!!!! Entertainment!!!

The football fans and consensus got what they wanted.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Boone Jenner.

And what percentage of “CBJ fans” on this site or Twitter see Jenner as “a problem”?? All i’ve learned about Jenner as a player is that faceoffs are overrated and he’s not good offensively.

If he does though it needs to be much much less than his current salary.

Uhh, well, yeah. Why is that even a question? Same with Savard. Both should be brought back.

Or are they just good enough for the teams that are apparently way better than the CBJ team, and yet, not good enough to help the CBJ team against those teams?!?

I can’t follow the idiotic mindsets anymore.

Last edited:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Call me crazy but we've seen teams pull off quick turn arounds before. I think the Jackets need a makeover not a brickover.

Forget the Blues.

Maybe we should all look back at what was said around the time the CBJ drafted Dubois, about many of the guys that had a huge impact on the change and success of the franchise moving forward.

And how quickly the perception of CBJ team was changed within their own fans.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

That was a fun interview. The Methot-Foligno encounter at the PA meeting right after they were traded for each other was a hilarious story. Glad to see that it appears Marc is doing well in retirement.

Foligno uses present tense a lot in that interview talking about Columbus/the cannon. Kinda interesting. Maybe means nothing. Normally guys will always use past tense.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Foligno uses present tense a lot in that interview talking about Columbus/the cannon. Kinda interesting. Maybe means nothing. Normally guys will always use past tense.

I noticed that too. Refers to the CBJ as "our team" at one point. Probably just a tough habit to break after so long.

He also confirmed that his family is likely staying in Columbus for the foreseeable future.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Uhh, well, yeah. Why is that even a question? Same with Savard. Both should be brought back.

Or are they just good enough for the teams that are apparently way better than the CBJ team, and yet, not good enough to help the CBJ team against those teams?!?

I can’t follow the idiotic mindsets anymore.
They both are average players at best, who will be overpaid. No thanks, I’m okay without them.

They are in a situation where they can be carried by good players, good for them. Both are passengers on their way out of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->