Confirmed with Link: Foligno to Toronto for TOR 1st 2021, 4th 2022

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming zero roster moves, and since you have Robinson there I’ll just give Seattle Kukan.

W (locks): Nyquist, Laine, Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Bemstrom, Hoffman, Robinson
C: Roslovic
Hybrid: Domi, Jenner, Texier

Fighting for a spot: Chinakhov, Danforth, Stenlund, Sherwood, 1st round pick

11 locks.

yeah I think there’s room. But it likely forces Chinakhov back to Russia. I put Hoffman in lock because there’s no chance he would come offer without assurance he’s starting in the NHL, but at the same time Chinakhov was maybe given the same promise.

- I think the forward locks don't include Hofmann (There is one "f" folks). So I have 10 locks.

- Fighting for 2 playing spots and one spare roster spot:
Chinakhov, Danforth, Hofmann, Foudy, Dunne, Angle, Stenlund, MacInnis, TFW, 1st pick, etc...

- I wouldn't sleep on Dunne and Angle here.

- I don't think those promises ever buy a player anything beyond a few games. After that they can sit in limbo if they have a no-AHL clause, either way if you're not one of the best players you won't play in the NHL.

- Chinakhov seemed willing to go to the AHL, and I don't think it's likely that he could be loaned back to the KHL at this point, there are some burnt bridges behind him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
- I think the forward locks don't include Hofmann (There is one "f" folks). So I have 10 locks.

- Fighting for 2 playing spots and one spare roster spot:
Chinakhov, Danforth, Hofmann, Foudy, Dunne, Angle, Stenlund, MacInnis, TFW, 1st pick, etc...

- I wouldn't sleep on Dunne and Angle here.

- I don't think those promises ever buy a player anything beyond a few games. After that they can sit in limbo if they have a no-AHL clause, either way if you're not one of the best players you won't play in the NHL.

- Chinakhov seemed willing to go to the AHL, and I don't think it's likely that he could be loaned back to the KHL at this point, there are some burnt bridges behind him.

Again I don’t think Hoffman (;)) would be coming over unless he was given some sort of assurance he was starting in the NHL. At least going into camp I would place him as a lock. This isn’t a Jakob Lilja situation where he wanted to give the NHL a go, Hoffman (;)) was totally content with staying in Switzerland.

Yeah I think Dunne is in contention for the 4th line C role. But I’m of the belief that jarmo may fill that spot with a veteran rather than a young guy. I don’t think Angle has much of a chance unless he’s got some grind and snarl to his game, or we completely blow up the forwards to make room for him. He certainly has a better shot than TFW though.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’ve got Bjorkstrand, Nyquist, Jenner, Roslovic, Cam, Robinson, Domi as locks. That’s 7. If he’s not traded, Laine is a lock making it 8. I’ll add Tex as highly probable and Hofman as a probable.

That leaves 2 starters and an extra with Bemstrom and Foudy (no, I don’t have either as a lock, Chinakov, Danforth and Stenlund as most likely with a few others also giving it a go.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Again I don’t think Hoffman (;)) would be coming over unless he was given some sort of assurance he was starting in the NHL. At least going into camp I would place him as a lock. This isn’t a Jakob Lilja situation where he wanted to give the NHL a go, Hoffman (;)) was totally content with staying in Switzerland.

Switzerland? I thought he was in St. Louis?

Oh Hofmann! Forgive me, I thought you meant Hoffman.

That sort of "assurance" means about as much as Dubas promising Mikko Lehtonen a starting job, i.e. not much.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Does the Larsen hire mean they could use Nick’s leadership and familiarity or does it mean they need an even more clear break in leadership in the ‘room’ or does it not really matter to the possibility of Nick coming back?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think it matters. If Jarmo & JD offer and he wants to come back he will. Personally with from 7 to 11 locks(as "reported" above) from last years lousy team I prefer not adding another.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Does the Larsen hire mean they could use Nick’s leadership and familiarity or does it mean they need an even more clear break in leadership in the ‘room’ or does it not really matter to the possibility of Nick coming back?
I think Nick will want to chase a cup, not a rebuild. I think he'd be great to have back but the signals seem pretty clear we're full rebuild. The Seth move will determine a LOT about path forward regardless of the press conference today.

Reactions: CPTN71

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
1.Sign him to a one year contract. 2.Trade him to a contender at the trade dedline. 3.Profit.

Yeah I could see that. Whether Nick is wanted back depends on a lot of things but I wouldn't assume that he couldn't fit in a rebuild. He might come home and chase a cup again next Spring.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
The blue jackets need a new captain. If he comes back I assume he wants the C. Nope.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think it matters. If Jarmo & JD offer and he wants to come back he will. Personally with from 7 to 11 locks(as "reported" above) from last years lousy team I prefer not adding another.

I've re-thought this. the Jackets are going to be young and soft next year. Foligno helps with both of those. It appears cap won't be a problem so if he comes for 2 years at say 3mm/per I'm in, assuming Larsen wants him.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Several Leafs fans on their board have referred to comments apparently made by Nick that he intends to return to the Jackets. I couldn't find a link to those comments but I would think that if he actually said that the quote would have found its way here by now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think Boston's best days are behind them. Still a playoff team, but I don't think a cup contender. However, if I'm wrong I will be happy for Foligno. I can't root for it, because of Marchand, but if it happens a tip of the cap to the captain. No hard feelings here.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Thanks to Nick, I now need a new avatar with two Blue Jackets hugging out, are there such pictures with players that are STILL on the team ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->