Foligno suspended three games

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sounds about right. Not a good look for the captain. That sequence was weird and I wonder what the hell he was thinking/doing.

Foligno suspended for three games for hit vs. Colorado

Blue Jackets captain Nick Foligno has been suspended three games for a hit he laid on Colorado center Pierre-Edouard Bellemare during Saturday's game.
The NHL's Department of Player Safety released the punishment Monday after Foligno had a hearing with the league earlier in the afternoon. It is the first suspension of his career.
"I've never been in this position before in the 13 years that I've played," Foligno said after the game. "You never want to hurt anyone. I think my track record speaks for itself. I would never maliciously try to hurt anyone."

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I doubt he intended to hurt the guy, but almost all head shots are going to result in suspension no matter what anymore.

The explanation of "needed to take another angle" was silly. I'm going to guess that Captain Nick just didn't want to miss the guy completely and it was a reflex reaction.

Reactions: Dumais

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seems appropriate to me. Nick wouldn't do that intentionally but it was a reckless play with a terrible result, you have to keep that out of the game as best as possible, and that means suspensions.

That sequence was weird and I wonder what the hell he was thinking/doing.

With the video at regular speed, it's easy to understand that he was trying to blow up Bellemare and just plain missed. You can see in the leg extension and upward pop, it's what it looks like when you try to hit someone and they're not there.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad