Confirmed with Link: Fogarty re-signed to one-year deal

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
money's probably same or less than boo.

but 1-way, 2-way??? meh, doesnt really matter...

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
hmmm - will they re-up Gilmour too?
don't mind letting O'Gara walk ...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Tells me if they didn’t resign today they would have been moved. I like that

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don't think it has anything to do with that since no one is giving up anything of value for Fogarty.

so your conclusion is that they randomly signed extensions a few hours before the deadline for no reason and gorton was just bored with nothing to do?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
lets send Fogs to TBL for something like Somppi + Koepke,
supposedly TBL looking for size up front

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
so your conclusion is that they randomly signed extensions a few hours before the deadline for no reason and gorton was just bored with nothing to do?

So your conclusion is that a guy with literally zero trade value was somehow in jeopardy of being moved at the deadline if Gorton Satan didn't get his new ETERNAL RANGERS CONTRACT inked in blood?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So we can laugh at Fogarty (and Nieves) and talk about how they're just insignificant minor league players, but I'm pretty sure that going all the way back to the 2000 draft, the only guy we signed to a third contract (that wasn't an established NHL regular) was Dane Byers. So it's a positive development to have two guys that we drafted, developed, and turned into role players or even just 4A guys that we felt were worth keeping around through three contract cycles.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So we can laugh at Fogarty (and Nieves) and talk about how they're just insignificant minor league players, but I'm pretty sure that going all the way back to the 2000 draft, the only guy we signed to a third contract (that wasn't an established NHL regular) was Dane Byers. So it's a positive development to have two guys that we drafted, developed, and turned into role players or even just 4A guys that we felt were worth keeping around through three contract cycles.

And you get the credit for being the most die-hard Fogarty fan of all time, too. I'm happy for the guy. I loved the pick at the time but really soured on him moving forward. He's made a nice little career for himself as a AAAA player thus far.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Maybe the guy who actually writes/reviews the contracts was in the office today in case something else came up?

At least I'm going with that as to the coincidence on why some of the pending group 6 guys were signed today.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Really happy they kept Fogarty in the organization for another year. He seems like the perfect candidate to the next Ken Gernander for the Pack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad