Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Not quite, but pretty close!

Earlier today I saw Sara Civian had an article about predicting the contracts for both Fleury and Foegele.

I didn't click it, but "played at home" and told myself under my breath as I scrolled along my feed "probably around 2x$2.2m for Foegele and 2x$1.3m for Fleury."

No one could ever actually verify this but I'm psyched that I got it exactly right.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Capfriendly has Shore and Joakim Ryan counted right now. I believe subtracting them and adding Foegele would leave $2.5 million or so in space.

To me, it seems like the Canes are leaning towards "we like our group" barring some unbelievable bargain opportunity with one of Kahun/Granlund/Vatanen. $2.5M in space gives enough breathing room to collect cap space until the deadline, when improvements can be made to bolster the roster yet again.

Rad ChaLose

Aug 3, 2012
I like Foegele in the playoffs, he seems to show up. Hopefully he can be more consistent in the regular season and finally score enough to where he knows how to celebrate when he actually scores.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Oof. Somebody mixed up Fleury and Foegele's contracts. That's about double what what he brings on the ice is worth. Not gonna kill us by any means, but while the writing was on the wall with him getting a number like this, especially with McGinn having the contract he does, I still don't like it.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I'm honestly not sure why someone wouldn't like a guy that is a bit of a pest, somewhat versatile, and had a pretty good point pace for not being on the PP really.
Imo I feel like he skates well and is a good energy player. But everything else is very below average. Keep in mind he put up those points being stapled to two of the best playmakers on the team. When he was on a line with jstaal he seemed to just disappear. Not to mention there are long stretches of games where he is just invisible. I think he is what he is right now and won't turn into anything more. Lmao I sure hope he proves me wrong now that I talked all this shit.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I think it went unnoticed that Foegele was pacing for a 16 goal, 36pt season this year, strictly on even strength. $2.15M for that seems honestly fair. Let’s also keep in mind that this was only his 2nd full NHL season. He’s got room for growth in his game to be a 40-45pt guy still.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Glad he's signed. Any thoughts on the why behind it being a 1 year deal? That seemed pretty unexpected.

It might be skittishness in committing to him; some fans on here are not bullish, for what that’s worth.

It could also be his contractual status moving forward. Foegele has one less RFA year than a standard CHLer. A 2 year deal would have positioned him to take a 1 year deal to get to free agency in 2023. Negotiating with 2 years of control remaining next Summer gives them more leverage.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Imo I feel like he skates well and is a good energy player. But everything else is very below average. Keep in mind he put up those points being stapled to two of the best playmakers on the team. When he was on a line with jstaal he seemed to just disappear. Not to mention there are long stretches of games where he is just invisible. I think he is what he is right now and won't turn into anything more. Lmao I sure hope he proves me wrong now that I talked all this shit.
When he's placed on a line with a guy frequently referred to as an offensive black hole he doesn't produce as much? No foolin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad