TSN: Flyers won't qualify G Mrazek

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Back when Gibson, Vasilevsky, Hellebuyck, and Murray were mere prospects, Mrazek was generally considered to be on the same level as those four. Slightly below Gibson and Vasilevsky, but ahead of Hellebuyck and Murray since Mrazek was more of a sure thing, IIRC.

This was like 4 years ago.

Goaltender growth is weird.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Back when Gibson, Vasilevsky, Hellebuyck, and Murray were mere prospects, Mrazek was generally considered to be on the same level as those four. Slightly below Gibson and Vasilevsky, but ahead of Hellebuyck and Murray since Mrazek was more of a sure thing, IIRC.

This was like 4 years ago.

Goaltender growth is weird.
Wasn't just as a prospect, look at his first 100 or so games in the NHL, looked like an easy future Vezina winner, even posted a .925 and .945 in consecutive years in the playoffs against Tampa.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Still think it was a good move at the time and I still think Mrazek could turn it around IF given the chance.

smd333

May 2, 2012
Why is no one giving any blame to Kim Dillabaugh. Is Mrazak the same Mrazak that was in Detroit? I get that the defense was garbage in front of him but seriously.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He overplayed nearly every shot from the wings and usually ended up half way behind his net. It would have been comical if it wasn't so infuriating.

Dont forget his pirouettes that take him out to the faceoff circle, as well.

At least he had style.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
can an elite goalie coach salvage this guys career ? dubnyk went from ww fodder to a vezina finalist so anythings possible I suppose

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
can an elite goalie coach salvage this guys career ? dubnyk went from ww fodder to a vezina finalist so anythings possible I suppose
I don't think his ego would allow it, to be honest. If someone tries, don't let him pick the goalie coach; the DRW brought in the one he wanted and he got even worse than what he already was. Ironically, it was Howard that got better and benefitted from that move hah!

Reactions: Isles72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->