TSN: Flyers won't qualify G Mrazek

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This is one guy's career that's a real head scratcher to me. Looked like the sure fire long term choice in Detroit and then got a glorious chance in Philly to be the starter.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Yeah could could end up like bob and win a vezina next season
Well in that case any goalie in the league can win the Vezina next season

Anything is possible, but he'd need to sure up his positioning. As it currently stands, he has the worst goaltending positioning I've seen on NHL ice.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Well in that case any goalie in the league can win the Vezina next season

Anything is possible, but he'd need to sure up his positioning. As it currently stands, he has the worst goaltending positioning I've seen on NHL ice.
Well just have to wait and see

Reactions: Jray42

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Erratic at best in the crease more often than not.

He needs to calm down in the net. Let the game come to him, he chased a lot in Philly.

I was hoping he'd pan out.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
You look flashy and have to make awesome saves when you are out of position. That’s Mrazek for you, he’s athletic but his technique is brutal. As a Wings fan I couldn’t believe how much the Flyers gave up for him.
They gave up a late 3rd rounder. What were they supposed to do, ride a rookie AHL goalie down the stretch and try to hold on to a playoff spot? I know this is "HockeysFuture" and all but is the 81st best prospect in the draft really a lot to give up?

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They gave up a late 3rd rounder. What were they supposed to do, ride a rookie AHL goalie down the stretch and try to hold on to a playoff spot? I know this is "HockeysFuture" and all but is the 81st best prospect really a lot to give up?

Right? If it costs a third rounder to let Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, Patrick, Lindblom, etc., to get 6 games of playoff experience, even if i know its going to be an ugly series, i make that deal over and over again.

Reactions: mdm815

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
This is the only free agent I have any interest in the sens taking a shot on. No surprise that he isn't being qualified after the way he ended the season.
I too, as a Sens fan, am absolutely okay with this.

He can’t be any worse than what we had last season if anything.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
I think the Rangers should sign him as the backup for like league minimum, let Benoit Allaire do what he do, and then flip him for a pick at the deadline. It has worked for us before, why not? Worst case, he makes our already bad season coming more...um...interesting to watch?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Such an inconsistent goalie. When he's good he looks really good. Consistency is just never there.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
They gave up a late 3rd rounder. What were they supposed to do, ride a rookie AHL goalie down the stretch and try to hold on to a playoff spot? I know this is "HockeysFuture" and all but is the 81st best prospect in the draft really a lot to give up?
6-6 with a .891 sv% answers that question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->