Speculation: Flyers vs. Penguins match at Beaver Stadium?

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
Report came out today saying next years schedule is in the process of being made, possible 2015 Winter Classic. First time a outdoor game would be played at a semi-neutral site.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Neither team is going to give up a home game to play it at a neutral site. While it's great in principle, it's just not going to happen.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Detroit and Toronto agreed to play in Ann Arbor (neutral site) for the WC next year. As they say "money talks".

That would have still pretty much been a home game for Detroit. This game would be dead in the middle between the two cities.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That would have still pretty much been a home game for Detroit. This game would be dead in the middle between the two cities.

Well yeah but Toronto's not too far from there (it's driving distance) plus it's a 100K+ stadium so there's enough tickets for both teams STH's plus way more.

Even at the WC at Citizen's Bank Park, Flyers and Rangers STH's were guaranteed seats.

It might not happen but the biggest hurdle's would be the NHL/PSU agreeing on a deal, parking, availability of the stadium, and Buffalo's owner trying to get the Sabre's in it.

There's too much money and exposure on the line for them not do it just because they'll lose one home game.

Last edited:

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I just think that if the Flyers were the home team that they'd rather have it at the Linc and if the Pens are the home team that they'd rather have it at Heins field. Also with these teams being HUGE rivals, you WANT the other team to come into YOUR town and feel like outsiders.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I just think that if the Flyers were the home team that they'd rather have it at the Linc and if the Pens are the home team that they'd rather have it at Heins field. Also with these teams being HUGE rivals, you WANT the other team to come into YOUR town and feel like outsiders.

I think they would probably want double the ticket sales. And out in State College/Central PA the fans are relatively evenly split.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad