Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Ryan Hartman to Dallas for Tyler Pitlick

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
A part of me has to wonder if Hartman has come kind of off-ice or substance issue.
I've wondered about this even before the very strange non-qualifying offer news today. His consistency issues reminded me of some other players who had off-ice problems in the past. The bouncing around teams so quickly isn't a good sign, either. Hopefully, it's just a coincidence.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ryan this is the world calling. You may potentially costing yourself 6 or 7 figures by going off the grid. You may want to come back to society.
signed
HOCKEY WORLD

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Ah, that makes more sense.

I doubt it's a situation of Dallas getting pissed they couldn't reach him. It's not like he doesn't have an agent.

Most likely the Flyers were trying to dump Hartman's contract; Pitlick was on a list of 4th liners the Flyers had targeted; and Pitlick wasn't in Dallas' plans, so they let Fletcher have him.

EDIT: And it looks like Dallas is still going to try to sign Hartman at a lower number. Not sure why Hartman wouldn't go UFA at this point, though.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Points that way.

That seems like an unfounded conclusion. Maybe he really is just a "I play the game, and I pay people to think about everything else for me" type. I could never be that way, but that is why I went to business school and am not a pro hockey player (along with being 5'10" with terrible eyesight, very little coordination, no skating ability, etc.).

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
That seems like an unfounded conclusion. Maybe he really is just a "I play the game, and I pay people to think about everything else for me" type. I could never be that way, but that is why I went to business school and am not a pro hockey player (along with being 5'10" with terrible eyesight, very little coordination, no skating ability, etc.).
It is. Just seems that when guys with good talent do ok early in their career and begin bouncing around it points to something off the rink. I get Dallas’ move.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Wait.... we are speculating that Hartman has issues because he offline up at a cottage enjoying some time off? Substance abuse? Did I ****ing miss something?
Only posted Hartman's tweet to provide context to his mom's tweets about him still not knowing he'd been traded and not being able to reach him. I think it's far fetched to just assume he has off ice issues.

Reactions: Prongo

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Wait.... we are speculating that Hartman has issues because he offline up at a cottage enjoying some time off? Substance abuse? Did I ****ing miss something?

Lol no. Going off the grid is a good time.

Speculation purely because he seems to have fallen off quite a bit since his Chicago days.

Also.. boredom.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Doesnt make as much sense in this situation as it did in Masons.
He's been bouncing between the teams though. But that deal with preds was pure robery for Hawks not to pull the trigger and then he had like one goal in 20 something games before being traded for Simmonds in a season where Nashville went all in, again making a sense for them to move on. Now whatever Fletch has in mind, vets on d, 2C and resigning young rfas who actually move the needle seemed to be higher on his list of priorities and rightfully so.
Only thing in common is that neither team considered him valuable enough to hold onto him, which once again I don't think is too crazy either.
Also sidenote we have OL, NAK, Farabee, Allison all being able to play rw and now we heard even Frost talking about RW in development camp.
In the end if you take away his draft pedigree there's nothing unusual about Hartmans journey at all.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Caps didn't qualify Connolly in 2017 or DSP last year and they still wound up signing both of them. It can happen. I'd still bet on Dallas signing Hartman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->