Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Robert Hagg, 1st (2021), and 2nd (2023) to Sabres for Rasmus Ristolainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Wasn’t he always a cuck? I bet he was one of those who bought all the toilet paper when the pandemic first hit
When he was freelance he was actually pretty good. He held the middle ground and didn't do the us vs them bullshit he does now. He would actively question decisions made by the front office and player engagement.

Now he's just a straight up mouthpiece that defends everything management does because he's on the payroll. He's effectively the perfect example of a sell out.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
When he was freelance he was actually pretty good. He held the middle ground and didn't do the us vs them bullshit he does now. He would actively question decisions made by the front office and player engagement.

Now he's just a straight up mouthpiece that defends everything management does because he's on the payroll. He's effectively the perfect example of a sell out.
Maybe they saw he drew lot of unwanted attention and that's why they put him on a leash all the while making an example out of him that if you become sort of a marquee name you'll get your fat contract from the team pretty much motivating others to censor themselves.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"He's gonna be pretty f***ing bad, but he will take him out of the play chasing hits so who cares?"

They've replaced their beloved Hagg with HyperHagg

Get your terminology right, Beef.

upload_2021-8-2_17-5-31.png

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Well, I for one am sick of the Flyers getting shoved around and avoiding contact instead of doing the shoving. It was embarrassing last season. Who wants to watch that?

I agree, GB, and am glad that Ristolainen is a physical force. However, when that is touted as more important than other markers of good hockey play, I'm not on board. Pick your spots to punish an opponent that doesn't put the team in a defensive hole. Plus, Ristolainen will need to adapt to the Referee O&B Goggles™ that will have him sitting games for big hits.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I agree, GB, and am glad that Ristolainen is a physical force. However, when that is touted as more important than other markers of good hockey play, I'm not on board. Pick your spots to punish an opponent that doesn't put the team in a defensive hole. Plus, Ristolainen will need to adapt to the Referee O&B Goggles™ that will have him sitting games for big hits.
Ummh are flyers still relevant enough for Referee O&B Goggles™ to be a thing? I don't remember anything past Ghost incident really.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

100% he wont be able to be the same player they traded for..

he will be Zac attack v2.0 here

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Meltzer has always had wet dreams about Ristolainen (or similar types). Let’s not criticize the man by questioning his motives, at least in this instance. Let’s criticize the man for having shitty hockey opinions and not even a superficial understanding of how basic statistics work.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ristolainen does have a lot of talent. Worst case scenario, he’s Myers defensively, but nasty & better offensively. I do think he’ll be better than Myers defensively, though.

I agree that you have to pick your spots physically. Physical defensemen tend to get better at that as they get older.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ristolainen does have a lot of talent. Worst case scenario, he’s Myers defensively, but nasty & better offensively. I do think he’ll be better than Myers defensively, though.

I agree that you have to pick your spots physically. Physical defensemen tend to get better at that as they get older.

Zherdev had a lot of talent.

Reactions: Adtar02

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009

Veterans also tend to develop cloaks of invisibility as they age, unless they are grade A dirt farmers like Perry. Look at what Weber was able to do with impunity.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
I think that was because he played for Montreal. I'm still mad at a goal being disallowed because Pronger was directing traffic.

Could be but I have a certain Montreal-typical bias that kicks in for most Canadiens opponents but makes me dislike them twice as much when they play the Flyers. Weber, though, was already pretty working on his assault and battery in Nashville.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Meltzer just always had an archaic mindset that aligned with the front office & most of the hockey world. It’s probably just been a harder position to defend these days not just around the game but with how the team has been this last decade too.

Reactions: wankstifier

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Didn't Meltzer's gig develop out of being a Flyers fan? It could be that he's afflicted with orange-tinted vision, as many on here have been accused of. Not that he doesn't get deservedly lambasted for his horrible takes.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe they saw he drew lot of unwanted attention and that's why they put him on a leash all the while making an example out of him that if you become sort of a marquee name you'll get your fat contract from the team pretty much motivating others to censor themselves.

Imagine thinking a guy who said Schultz and Grossmann still needed to be on the same top 6 defense in 15-16 required a leash. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->