Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade Jakub Voracek To Columbus For Cam Atkinson

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey, I admire your love and passion for Ghost lol. If couples loved their significant other as much as you like Ghost, the world would be a better place.
I “love” and defend every player who helps the team win when they’re being unfairly criticized. It just so happened that he was also the most misused and underrated on the team, so I ended up defending him more than others.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Here's hoping Ghost is flipped at the trade deadline to a playoff contender as well.
If Provy was used for PK and his 5 on 5 minutes not on the PP at all he would have been more effective.
This is where Ghost should have been used and his regular 5 on 5 minutes. Both would have been used properly and maybe Provy would have had a better year.
This season he needs to be removed from the PP because more often than not he fumbles the puck at the blueline.

Provy is likely the Flyers second best PP option on defence after Sanheim now. And They barely played Sanheim on the PP before. Possibly York but I doubt this coaching group would think about putting a rookie on PP1 for more then a second.

Provy is this teams PP1 QB for the upcoming season. And probably will be until the entire coaching staff turns over.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Also, you still haven’t answered. Ghost, Sanheim, Provy. 2 stay 1 goes. And Ghost can’t multiply.

You're setting up a false dilemma though. One of those three doesn't have to go. By arbitrarily reducing the number of options, you are rhetorically angling for specific choices which can then be thrown in the respondent's face. He's right not to answer, because the question itself is dishonest.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provy is likely the Flyers second best PP option on defence after Sanheim now. And They barely played Sanheim on the PP before. Possibly York but I doubt this coaching group would think about putting a rookie on PP1 for more then a second.

Provy is this teams PP1 QB for the upcoming season. And probably will be until the entire coaching staff turns over.
Therrien is going to use Ristolainen, isnt he…

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ristolainen was Buffalo's net-front guy last year. I wonder if the coaching staff did their homework on that one or if they'll just throw him on the point.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ristolainen was Buffalo's net-front guy last year. I wonder if the coaching staff did their homework on that one or if they'll just throw him on the point.
He'll be in Voracek's spot.

--------------Allison------------------
Giroux----Couturier---Ristolainen
-------------Provorov----------------

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
He'll be in Voracek's spot.

--------------Allison------------------
Giroux----Couturier---Ristolainen
-------------Provorov----------------

Put Risto or Ellis on top and Konecny on the right wing and JVR where Allison is.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So Atkinson had three goals in his last 25 games last year. I seem to remember Weise and Hartman coming of similar seasons when we acquired them.
Meanwhile watch Jake either feed Laine and help the team to either sign him long term or inflate his value for following trade. I have no idea who is even gonna play center on their team though. Freaking Domi?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'm really disappointed Jake didn't flame the organization on the way out. At the very least he'll be put with a scorer on the jackets and while he may not make the difference as the salaries dictate in a flat cap world I expect him to overshadow atk performance this year and going forward

JoeViller

Jul 25, 2021
I'm really disappointed Jake didn't flame the organization on the way out. At the very least he'll be put with a scorer on the jackets and while he may not make the difference as the salaries dictate in a flat cap world I expect him to overshadow atk performance this year and going forward

No one is gonna argue this. Thats why one makes 8.25 and the other makes 5.8.

Flyers clearly wanted to changed the culture in the room. Voracek has been my favorite player for 10 years but just listen to interviews with him or other players that played with him while here. Most wonder how he can be a pro athlete with his lifestyle. Its almost always laughing about his diet and boozing, that shit rubs off on young players, being the highest paid player on the team, the kids look up to him no matter what...

It was time for a change and Jake was saying so himself.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So Atkinson had three goals in his last 25 games last year. I seem to remember Weise and Hartman coming of similar seasons when we acquired them.
Meanwhile watch Jake either feed Laine and help the team to either sign him long term or inflate his value for following trade. I have no idea who is even gonna play center on their team though. Freaking Domi?

Weise and Hartman ever score 40 goals in a season?

One problem for Atkinson was revolving centers the last two seasons:
Roslovic (437), Jenner (240), Texier (237), Domi (186), Wennberg (163).
Not exactly like playing with Couts, Hayes is a tier above Roslovic and the rest would struggle to win a 3C job elsewhere.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
No one is gonna argue this. Thats why one makes 8.25 and the other makes 5.8.

Flyers clearly wanted to changed the culture in the room. Voracek has been my favorite player for 10 years but just listen to interviews with him or other players that played with him while here. Most wonder how he can be a pro athlete with his lifestyle. Its almost always laughing about his diet and boozing, that shit rubs off on young players, being the highest paid player on the team, the kids look up to him no matter what...

It was time for a change and Jake was saying so himself.

Yeah, Jake strikes me as a good dude and one you would like to be teammates with. He’s a complimentary piece, however. A team full of Jakes would not go too far.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Jake would be a good fit for a veteran team going for one last shot at the brass ring, which is why I expect CBJ to flip him with salary retained. He's not a bad guy, but he's a bad role model for young players. On a veteran team where he's just expected to contribute, he'd be a clubhouse favorite and a lot of fun.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jake would be a good fit for a veteran team going for one last shot at the brass ring, which is why I expect CBJ to flip him with salary retained. He's not a bad guy, but he's a bad role model for young players. On a veteran team where he's just expected to contribute, he'd be a clubhouse favorite and a lot of fun.

I just had the image of Ovechkin-Backstrom-Voracek in my head for a sec, and I'm actually a little bit queasy now. Here's hoping CBJ sends him further west.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fast guys who can shoot, why would they pass on a SH breakaway?

Probably b/c if you have two strides on your teammate, trying to pass is how you blow a SH opportunity since it gives defenders time to get back (if you wait for your teammate to catch up).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad