Flyers trade deadline (Flyers claim J. Oduya off waivers; lose Alt to Colorado)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have to be honest...yes I want the cup, but I will settle for watching our boys personnally derail the threepeat! I'll sign off on it right now!

Co-signed, co-authored, pwned. Setting your goals based on spite? Yes please. Look, give in to hate - that will only lead to the dark side, and the dark side is easier to use. **** yes, oldfly - **** those birds and their biznatch Michael Keaton and ALL their filthy towels!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Maybe you could work something out with Python. Until then, enjoy the burnt bread discussion

giphy.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Was he hurt when O’Neill & Alt both got the call-up earlier this year? It would make sense as while both aren’t good they could at least blend in for the 10-12 minutes you give them. Brennan’s a total adventure even at the AHL level which has probably prevented him from more looks at the NHL level.
Yeah he was hurt. He got called up after Manning got hurt on the Canadian trip but didn’t play. I wonder if he’ll be the 7, if someone gets hurt and Oduya has to go in.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Did you guys see hextall get upset when a reporter asked why they claimed oduya when he wasnt very good in Ottawa lol hextall got all stern and said "says who? You gotta be careful making assumptions"

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Oduya used to be a pain in the ass to play against when he was in NJ. I’ve got no problem adding him for depth.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oduya used to be a pain in the ass to play against when he was in NJ. I’ve got no problem adding him for depth.
yeah adding him made sense. I called that we would even though I didn't think Alt would be claimed. Anytime you can add D depth for free, go do it.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
yeah adding him made sense. I called that we would even though I didn't think Alt would be claimed. Anytime you can add D depth for free, go do it.
That lesson was hammered home when the Flyers traded Weinrich at the 2004 deadline because they had too many defensemen.
Then their D got decimated on the path to facing TB in the conference finals, with Kapanen even having to play the blueline.
I know Weinrich wasn't happy as a scratch, and the Flyers traded him as a favor to a long-careered vet, but it sure showed the value of depth on D.

Reactions: SchatzY and Tripod

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Every time I start to understand all the corsi stuff it goes back to looking like rocket science in 10 minutes.

Ah, c'mon guys. It's all quite simple. :D

article_ff5cce5c-f29f-497c-a79d-940869016a87.jpg

Seriously, here's a recent article from Neil Greenberg at the Washington Post: "Stop using Corsi to assess NHL teams. There are better options available."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...etter-stats-available/?utm_term=.faf48657ff4c

Greenberg's argument that "Corsi has run its course" and "It’s now time to turn to more telling stats, such as scoring chances" is pretty interesting.

He also tags one current (and one past) Flyer in his short list of defenders who are no bueno when it comes to scoring chances for and against.

Orpik.jpg

Reactions: Magua

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley
sigh, 2004 bums me out. that was our year. the stars were aligned for the Flyers to bring home the Cup with the team they had that year. damn injuries.

Ugh, that 2004 team is still my favorite flyers team. I thougt for sure they were going to win it all that year. Primeau turned into Lindros those whole playoffs he was incredible. I still hate Nikolai Khabibulin that twichy eyed asshole for stealing the cup for Tampa.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Is anyone opposed to keeping Wayne Simmonds if he signs for a reasonable contract? Just curious what the general consensus is since everyone things he’s all but traded at this point

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Ugh, that 2004 team is still my favorite flyers team. I thougt for sure they were going to win it all that year. Primeau turned into Lindros those whole playoffs he was incredible. I still hate Nikolai Khabibulin that twichy eyed ******* for stealing the cup for Tampa.

04 was still when I was taking losses hard.
that loss in the Conference Final bothered me for quite awhile.
Rico doesnt get hurt and the Flyers are having a parade down Broad Street.

Reactions: JPS and SchatzY

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley
04 was still when I was taking losses hard.
that loss in the Conference Final bothered me for quite awhile.
Rico doesnt get hurt and the Flyers are having a parade down Broad Street.

Yrah I was just graduating high school that year. I still get emotional over that team and get angry about it. They were the better team and if Clarke didn't trade the depth I still think we won even without Rico.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Is anyone opposed to keeping Wayne Simmonds if he signs for a reasonable contract? Just curious what the general consensus is since everyone things he’s all but traded at this point

I am opposed to keeping him even with a reasonable contract. I think he is giving us very diminishing returns and we should move on. That doesn't mean I don't like him, because of course I do - I just don't think he makes sense for us moving forward.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
According to Yost Hextall inquired about hoffman from ottawa and they asked for sanheim plus a first rounder and he said hell to the no
Glad he did..said he wasn't going to overpay for what essentially would be a rental and he wasn't going to allow what other teams are doing to dictate him into an impulse move. Hoffman would definitely help but the asking price by Ottawa was ridik....

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
sigh, 2004 bums me out. that was our year. the stars were aligned for the Flyers to bring home the Cup with the team they had that year. damn injuries.

Injuries + Clarke trading away two depth dmen in Therien and Weinrich near the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad