Flyers trade deadline (Flyers claim J. Oduya off waivers; lose Alt to Colorado)

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
First in the division. 4th in the conference. You kidding me? I was hoping for a 7/8 seed. I'll still take that.

They're almost certainly going to give me the great joy of watching playoff hockey, which is the greatest thing known to man.

And, if Mrazek can play well, they won't be pushovers. Some fun hockey on the horizon, sports fans, if they can keep it up.

They sit at 78 WC 2 sits at 69, I'd say 94 should do it, to clinch a spot

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Kind of curious what their main motive was for claiming Oduya. Did they just want to upgrade Alt and let him play games in LHV or was this to make sure they didn't have to play Sanheim in the playoffs if it came down to it?

They have been lucky so far in terms of injuries as far as the blueline is regarded and probably expect someone to go down sooner or later.
And it's easier to sell it to a 36 year old that he will have to wait his turn and still know that said player will bring it in the playoffs if need be.

I don't believe we get to see Sanheim again in regular season unless Ghost or Provorov get hurt.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Did the Caps do anything today? Maybe they learned a lesson from last year emptying the vault for Shattenkirk.
Would of been nice to add a forward but if teams are asking for our better prospects for a rental then I would rather stand pat
I get its a catch 22 because you want to get the usual suspects off the ice but sometimes it’s better to stay away from the madness
It sounds like they were all in for EK but didn't have the assets to offer.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Kind of curious what their main motive was for claiming Oduya. Did they just want to upgrade Alt and let him play games in LHV or was this to make sure they didn't have to play Sanheim in the playoffs if it came down to it?

Me too, but we'll only find out if there's an injury to a dman.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So Hextall put in the claim, not knowing about Alt's fate.

I wonder what move he would have made if we did not get Oduya and lost Alt.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The only trade that I look at that I would sub in Flyers players for, and still do, is likely the Vanek one.

That trade would be like us trading Leier+Read(50%) for Vanek. That I would have done....why not. Maybe he helps with the #2PP unit.

But all the other deals, I wouldn't bother doing. Not even the Maroon for a 3rd. We know we are not a real contender, so keep the picks to use them when we are a contender. Keeping those 1-2 picks every year make a difference over the long haul.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So Hextall put in the claim, not knowing about Alt's fate.

I wonder what move he would have made if we did not get Oduya and lost Alt.

636102525250797555-TJB-008.JPG

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I would think it was to upgrade on Alt.

Maybe Hextall was also thinking that Oduya could steal Mannings spot since Haktard won't use Sanheim?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only trade that I look at that I would sub in Flyers players for, and still do, is likely the Vanek one.

That trade would be like us trading Leier+Read(50%) for Vanek. That I would have done....why not. Maybe he helps with the #2PP unit.

But all the other deals, I wouldn't bother doing. Not even the Maroon for a 3rd. We know we are not a real contender, so keep the picks to use them when we are a contender. Keeping those 1-2 picks every year make a difference over the long haul.

Vanek >>> Torgo no matter what role or line.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know it is a joke I honestly think:

Morin
O'Neill

and maybe even Myers...

would be recalled ahead of Brennan!

Was he hurt when O’Neill & Alt both got the call-up earlier this year? It would make sense as while both aren’t good they could at least blend in for the 10-12 minutes you give them. Brennan’s a total adventure even at the AHL level which has probably prevented him from more looks at the NHL level.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Was he hurt when O’Neill & Alt both got the call-up earlier this year? It would make sense as while both aren’t good they could at least blend in for the 10-12 minutes you give them. Brennan’s a total adventure even at the AHL level which has probably prevented him from more looks at the NHL level.

I dont *think* he was.

And yeh, at 5v5 he is a complete mes even in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad