Flyers Town Hall - 2/17/20

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I did not, Jojo is still probably watching me on my webcam right now though.

The amount of my teachers who keep tape over their webcams on their district issued laptops is outrageous. What are they doing in front of their laptops?

Some Tech company recently started giving away a slider, which I thought was genius. Tiny piece of plastic that you clipped onto the top of your laptop. A tiny slider that blocked the webcam when needed or slide the other way to use the webcam. Better than every other free pen or magnet these companies have come up with as table give aways.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Some Tech company recently started giving away a slider, which I thought was genius. Tiny piece of plastic that you clipped onto the top of your laptop. A tiny slider that blocked the webcam when needed or slide the other way to use the webcam. Better than every other free pen or magnet these companies have come up with as table give aways.

Yep. This is the new free convention swag now that no one will take USB drives anymore. Much better idea!

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Here's Chuck Fletcher. Have fun hacking me, Jojo.

Think it needs to render first since I just uploaded it.

Thanks much... I can access it and play it... Now, can you please do it for Shane's? My artillery ears made it hard to make out many of the Questions... I heard the Answers just fine... maybe i can make them out with a recording.

There were a couple long Questions that seemed interesting, from the Answers... I'd like to understand what the heck they said... especially the long Kate Smith rant that Shane allowed but didn't go over the points, although he acknowledged them being what he would have said... She went on and on, but I didn't make out one single word... peeled up when he mentions Kate Smith haha... The lady waited the entire session almost, with her hand raised, until they finally allowed her to ask... Could you or anyone who attended tell me a summary of what she said? She got a good crowd reaction from some of those who could hear her. Shane's response that they didn't want to make anyone feel unwanted was an abbreviated PC response.

Also, a lady asked about something that is done 15 minutes before people are in their seats... Can anyone clue me in on what it was, please?

My ears let me down there tonight... the old Formatted smaller Grouped TM was much better sound -wise IMO.

Thanks in advance.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
SO THEN WHY BENCH FROST YOU CLOWN

Simplest answer is he figured only Bunnaman's spot was available, but he and his line were doing great, and Frost was never playing 4C. And Scott Laughton was producing at center, so they'd ride the hot hands. It was funny when Frost was called up the 2nd time......AV said something along the lines of, "Fletcher told me he was just doing OK in his recent AHL time." It was pretty clear he asked for him to be called up. So, I don't know. Don't have a great answer. If he likes Frost, that's probably the best long term positive to emerge from this.

AV says and does some contradictory things. He said he preferred Laughton at wing, but now he's playing 3C down the stretch. He said he thought Pitlick was a guy you ideally want to keep on your 4th line, but now Pitlick is 3RW. I suppose you could do worse than starting from the right mindset -- because you're more likely to return to it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Simplest answer is he figured only Bunnaman's spot was available, but he and his line were doing great, and Frost was never playing 4C. And Scott Laughton was producing at center, so they'd ride the hot hands. It was funny when Frost was called up the 2nd time......AV said something along the lines of, "Fletcher told me he was just doing OK in his recent AHL time." It was pretty clear he asked for him to be called up. So, I don't know. Don't have a great answer. If he likes Frost, that's probably the best long term positive to emerge from this.

AV says and does some contradictory things. He said he preferred Laughton at wing, but now he's playing 3C down the stretch. He said he thought Pitlick was a guy you ideally want to keep on your 4th line, but now Pitlick is 3RW. I suppose you could do worse than starting from the right mindset -- because you're more likely to return to it.
I wish this staff had some more foresight. They get tricked by hot hands too often and let them stick in spots long after they’ve cooled down.

Getting Frost in games and playing is so much more important and beneficial than trying to squeeze every drop of luck out of Laughtons crazy shooting percentage.

Ill also toss something out that might be a hot take and say that I don’t think Bunnaman is playing well enough to have a locked down roster spot at the expense of Frost. He’s been perfectly fine as 4C and is mostly invisible, which is a good thing, but it’s not enough. Frost is the better player, with far higher upside, and can offer this team more positive value at 3C with Laughton at 4C, compared to Laughton at 3C and Bunnaman at 4C.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It’s a little ridiculous to keep Frost in the AHL develop as opposed to play him with G to develop. This isn’t 1990. You don’t need to keep them down so long anymore like Z and Dats. He’s got to be us for good soon. Scoring goals left and right and no way Fletch would say that unless he thought a change would happen soon. Fletch does not seem like a great GM with all of his moves and analysis.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I notice all of these things have the potential to provide access to your pc/network. You guys never tire, it seems.

voting_software.png

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
Thanks much... I can access it and play it... Now, can you please do it for Shane's? My artillery ears made it hard to make out many of the Questions... I heard the Answers just fine... maybe i can make them out with a recording.

There were a couple long Questions that seemed interesting, from the Answers... I'd like to understand what the heck they said... especially the long Kate Smith rant that Shane allowed but didn't go over the points, although he acknowledged them being what he would have said... She went on and on, but I didn't make out one single word... peeled up when he mentions Kate Smith haha... The lady waited the entire session almost, with her hand raised, until they finally allowed her to ask... Could you or anyone who attended tell me a summary of what she said? She got a good crowd reaction from some of those who could hear her. Shane's response that they didn't want to make anyone feel unwanted was an abbreviated PC response.

Also, a lady asked about something that is done 15 minutes before people are in their seats... Can anyone clue me in on what it was, please?

My ears let me down there tonight... the old Formatted smaller Grouped TM was much better sound -wise IMO.

Thanks in advance.

I believe she was saying how people tend to lean forward to watch the game and end up blocking the view of people sitting behind them, and they play a video 15 minutes before the start showing people not to do that, but people miss it because they are not in their seats 15 minutes before puck drop. "You paid for the whole seat, use it" was her line I remember.

The Kate Smith question lady was going on about all the great things Kate did, and how she felt it was taken out of context to have her statue removed.

Best part for me was BSing with Coatsey for a bit.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just remembered the guy that went on a rant about not having a rage room because it doesn’t represent “family values.” I almost spit out my coke....

Good lord some people at these things are so ridiculous. If it doesn’t represent your family’s values, then don’t freaking go.

Or maybe be a parent and not allow your kids to use it. Shane made it a point that one of their major initiatives is getting people into a game for the first time, and that’s a promotional tool.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Thanks in advance.

The Shane one I need to edit down a little bit. I had a semi private conversation with my rep midway through it.

I’ll say that I stopped recording prior to the Kate Smith question at the end and didn’t really pay attention to it as that was right around the same time as the Daytona 500 wreck so I was paying attention to that.

As others have said, the 15 minute before thing was about “hockey etiquette” and people not walking down to their seats during play and more specifically leaning forward in their seats. She wanted the Flyers to play a video right before puck drop about it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Shane one I need to edit down a little bit. I had a semi private conversation with my rep midway through it.

I’ll say that I stopped recording prior to the Kate Smith question at the end and didn’t really pay attention to it as that was right around the same time as the Daytona 500 wreck so I was paying attention to that.

As others have said, the 15 minute before thing was about “hockey etiquette” and people not walking down to their seats during play and more specifically leaning forward in their seats. She wanted the Flyers to play a video right before puck drop about it.

If you were watching the race, I think you were sitting like 5 feet away from me.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Or maybe be a parent and not allow your kids to use it. Shane made it a point that one of their major initiatives is getting people into a game for the first time, and that’s a promotional tool.

To be clear, I meant don’t go to the rage room - not don’t go to games at all.

I agree it’s a promotional tool.

Also, Shane has the patience of Mother Theresa to deal with some of the stuff that he does.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s a little ridiculous to keep Frost in the AHL develop as opposed to play him with G to develop. This isn’t 1990. You don’t need to keep them down so long anymore like Z and Dats.

That's what they are doing with Farabee who is a year younger. But Fletcher must see Frost differently.

Personally, I would icing this lineup tonight.

G-C-Konency
Farabee-Hayes-Voracek
Laughton-Frost-JVR
Pitlick-Raffl-NAK

Last edited:

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The variable pricing does nothing for me, personally. I understand why the Flyers do it as a business and it's a genius move though. I would just prefer that the Flyers allowed us to price our tickets with them just having the flat prices of old. It seemed like the people that were most upset about it were the people that split up tickets with their friends/family and they can only sell a Coyotes game for $50 instead of the old full price of $100.

A lot of the changes, like Shane said, were just tweaking ideas that they already introduced this year and i'm perfectly happy with that. The Edge card being gone is great and the being able to switch to all games is a pretty good feature too. I am in a rough spot with exchanging tickets personally because well i'm taking a loss no matter what if I try and exchange games since every seat is cheaper in the stadium then mine but I did talk to my rep this year and he said that I could get the money value in Club Box seats/other seats even if it isn't a 2 for 2 switch, which is nice.

I thought he did a pretty good job with the whole thing including not reacting to some of the crazier questions.

My personal favorite was the comment about the disassembly room going against family values.

Straight flexin'

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia

This is one thing that truly bugs the crap out of me during games. One game I went to earlier this season there were 2 couples directly ahead of me and they kept leaning forward to talk to eachother. They were talking about another friend's fake boobs and it went on the whole game!

Reactions: Curufinwe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To be clear, I meant don’t go to the rage room - not don’t go to games at all.

I agree it’s a promotional tool.

Also, Shane has the patience of Mother Theresa to deal with some of the stuff that he does.
Apologies, I was agreeing with you

Reactions: flyersjim73

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is one thing that truly bugs the crap out of me during games. One game I went to earlier this season there were 2 couples directly ahead of me and they kept leaning forward to talk to eachother. They were talking about another friend's fake boobs and it went on the whole game!

Shoulda said pics or it didn’t happen.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad