Sportsnet: Flyers to go after Bobrovsky this offseason?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I'd consider names like Halak, Howard, Crawford and even Khudobin. Short terms. 1 yr with Hart, Sandstrom or whoever is ready.

Still think Elliot can finish year with Stolarz is better option.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
The Flyers want Bobrovsky again? This is like in a slasher movie when the hero thinks he's escaped the killer, but over his shoulder you can see him coming back to finish the job ...

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Hart is further out from being our #1 guy than people want to admit. He's playing good for a kid but you don't just throw a kid into the NHL no matter how well he looks in the AHL. Bobrovsky is the type of guy we should go after but probably can't afford to give the kind of term he would want. I would love Bob @ any amount for 3, even 4 years, but he's not going to go for that unless it was

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Most publications have Samsonov as top goalie prospect. Hart has better numbers, both started AHL this year and Hart 1 yr younger.

All Hart is doing is win.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hart is further out from being our #1 guy than people want to admit. He's playing good for a kid but you don't just throw a kid into the NHL no matter how well he looks in the AHL. Bobrovsky is the type of guy we should go after but probably can't afford to give the kind of term he would want. I would love Bob @ any amount for 3, even 4 years, but he's not going to go for that unless it was

I agree on Hart. Hed have to have a tremendous second half and do a lot of work this off season to impress me in camp to stick on the NHL roster for 19-20.. I think the ideal plan for the Flyers is sign someone like Varlamov who wont command a ton, over pay for shorter term if need be (as you suggested), and make sure theres no NMC.

Hart is probably 2 years away from being a true NHL starter. Let him have the net next year to himself in the AHL, and then bring him up in 20-21.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad