Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did they mention anything about when those tickets will go on sale to the public? I'll have a bunch of buddies from school that moved back to Philly who will be coming out for the game, so trying to get as much "intel" as possible. At least one of the guys does have season tickets, so I may see with him about grabbing a bunch for all of us, but not sure if his family will be using any of them.

Never a guarantee that these types of events go to Public Sale.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
8 is way more than I anticipated. I figured it would be 2. That's all I was guaranteed for the first two outdoor games.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
8 is way more than I anticipated. I figured it would be 2. That's all I was guaranteed for the first two outdoor games.

Smaller venues, actual winter classic would be my guess as to why we can get more now than before.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
http://www.ticketmaster.com/2017-co...rtistid=1939312&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

Ticket Price Range: $54 to $275. No breakdown of what tickets are which, but I imagine the $275 will be the light blues.

74036s.gif

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
IIRC highest prices at the 2012 Winter Classic were up top, but this is a football stadium so it might be different

It's all in the sight-lines... High enough to actually see the action, while close enough to be able to see detail.

The top Sections would allow watching, but make it hard to see action in rink... I'd think that mid Sections around the 50 Yard Line out to maybe the 35 Yard Line would be the highest... while the lowest Sections, where you have trouble seeing over the side-line stuff, would be the cheapest... and the ends would also be lower cost.

In Boston we were in Right Field and not too high... the cameras and distance made seeing action difficult. We saw heads best... and watched as best we could on the Monitors.

In CBP for the WC we sat off First Base and saw along the side boards which was better, but not ideal.

For the AHL and Alimni Games we were high up and between Home and 3rd IIRC... although high up, the view was much better... and the best of the four Games we saw.

I don't know how a Football Field that is larger would effect what... it might be too far away at point... But I do know that the very low would be bad... I'd think that the more even field setup would allow for more seats not too far away, beside for the height. Would the height offset the lesser distance?

I'm aiming for the cheapest in the higher Sections, and as close to Center-Ice as possible... without breaking the bank.

That said... What options will we actually be given? Price Blocs? Section Blocs?

Only time will tell.

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
From what I've seen from Penguins season ticket holders showing me seat availability, there isn't going to be any luxury of sight line choosing. Everything is gone outside of single tickets anywhere near the middle of the field. Most availability is in the end zones in the upper level.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
From what I've seen from Penguins season ticket holders showing me seat availability, there isn't going to be any luxury of sight line choosing. Everything is gone outside of single tickets anywhere near the middle of the field. Most availability is in the end zones in the upper level.

Stadium Series last year had designated sections for Red Wings Season Ticket Holders at Coors Field, so maybe it's another example of that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Starting to get a feeling that "up to eight tickets" means if you have 15 season tickets you can only buy 8 Stadium Series tickets.

Don't the Flyers have over 10,000 STH, that means 80,000 tickets could potentially be sold (they have a disclaimer about availability but STH were guaranteed the ability to purchase tickets). Heinz field holds 65,000.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Starting to get a feeling that "up to eight tickets" means if you have 15 season tickets you can only buy 8 Stadium Series tickets.

Don't the Flyers have over 10,000 STH, that means 80,000 tickets could potentially be sold (they have a disclaimer about availability but STH were guaranteed the ability to purchase tickets). Heinz field holds 65,000.

I got 7 and only have two on my account

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Not familiar with Heinz Field but here are the price levels:

$54-$109: East Side of Stadium, Level 1, North End of Stadium, West Side of Stadium
$142-$153: Level 5 and Upper Level Seating
$164-$219: Level 2
$275: Club Level Seating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad