Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Can you bring a backpack into the arena?

Did a quick search, and while I didn't see anything for the Flyers, the 76ers have information about the bag policy on their site:

http://www.nba.com/sixers/tickets/sth_security.html

Two items included:
  • No bags, weapons or contraband.
  • Womens small handbags are allowed.

And from what I recall at any major sporting event, backpacks almost definitely will not be allowed in. Even drawstring bags are often prohibited.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Can you bring a backpack into the arena?

Did a quick search, and while I didn't see anything for the Flyers, the 76ers have information about the bag policy on their site:

Two items included:

And from what I recall at any major sporting event, backpacks almost definitely will not be allowed in. Even drawstring bags are often prohibited.

Forget the Sixers' Rules... IIRC the Phillies also don't allow bags also... BUT the Flyers do allow bags, although they require them to be searched and tagged at the entrance before the scan.

I, almost every Game take into the Arena one sort of bag or another... especially when I have a coat or plan on buying anything... or when we receive giveaways such as posters or items; I carry them and they stay safe and are not tread on, got wet with spilled beer, or left behind... I always stop and check it; no problems or concerns... and while often it is a Gym Bag, it is also at times a draw string bag that can be a 'mini-backpack' if desired... never had to turn back at the door to bring it into the car... Some guards go through it more diligently, some quickly... but never mentioning that they are in any way frowned on... let alone not allowed.

I had a draw string bag at the PreSeason Game against the Bruins... so, unless the Rules have changed for the RegularSeason, it is in place this Season.

HTH

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA

Two items included:

Yeah, this is what I found, as well, but then some redditers were saying you can bring stuff in, so I figured I'd ask.

Forget the Sixers' Rules... IIRC the Phillies also don't allow bags also... BUT the Flyers do allow bags, although they require them to be searched and tagged at the entrance before the scan.

I, almost every Game take into the Arena one sort of bag or another... especially when I have a coat or plan on buying anything... or when we receive giveaways such as posters or items; I carry them and they stay safe and are not tread on, got wet with spilled beer, or left behind... I always stop and check it; no problems or concerns... and while often it is a Gym Bag, it is also at times a draw string bag that can be a 'mini-backpack' if desired... never had to turn back at the door to bring it into the car... Some guards go through it more diligently, some quickly... but never mentioning that they are in any way frowned on... let alone not allowed.

I had a draw string bag at the PreSeason Game against the Bruins... so, unless the Rules have changed for the RegularSeason, it is in place this Season.

HTH
OK, so if I read this correctly, I can bring it in, it will just be searched and I can't bring any items that would be considered weapons or otherwise able to cause damage, right?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
OK, so if I read this correctly, I can bring it in, it will just be searched and I can't bring any items that would be considered weapons or otherwise able to cause damage, right?

Unless a backpack is treated different from a Gym Bag or a drawstring bag that can be carried on your back, you can take it in and have in it anything that is allowed to be brought in the WFC -- no AK47s, nor snub nosed 45s, nor switchblades, nor box cutters, nor even dirty bombs, etc. -- I have personally never brought in a backpack, so I can't personally attest to them... but I fail to see the difference between a gym bag and a back pack.

I know Citizens Bank Park is crazy on this and for the concerts we couldn't take in a bag to hold my rain jacket... I had to take my jacket out and put the small bag in my pocket and carry my jacket to get in the Gate... and then, once in, I was able to take it out of my pocket and place the jacket in it again. I'm all for Security in these days of terrorism, but IMO the Bank goes too far... WFC is very fair on this.

... You should be fine. :nod:

EDIT: Just don't arrive dressed like your Avatar. :sarcasm:

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
Did we not get the 50 dollars stored value this year? I went to buy something at the home opener and there was no money on the tickets. I think I would have rather had the 50 dollars then the jersey.

HopsHunting

May 18, 2010

Two items included:

If struck me as odd Thursday, but the guy sitting next to me had a backpack.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's really hard to get money back on tickets when people in your level are already cutting their prices almost in half more than a month before the game.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
If anybody needs tickets to the Carnival, I've got three of them that I will not be able to use because I will be heading to Penn State that weekend. I received them for $5/ticket that I would like to recoup if possible.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I have one ticket available for this Saturday 10/29/16 against the Penguins. It is a solo ticket in Section 110, Row 11, Seat 9. It is just above the glass so you can see the other side pretty well still but you are front and center for the Flyers shoot twice side. It is right on the goal line. The lowest price I see for any ticket in the lower level for this game on stubhub is $135/each after fees, and that's in row 26.

I'll sell the ticket for $120 flat to anybody on here that wants it. We both avoid fees and I make sure it's a Flyers fan in the seat. I'm a season ticket holder that goes to about 35 or more games a year but I'm going to be in DC this weekend unfortunately.

I'll wait until tomorrow (Wednesday 10/26/16) to put the ticket on stubhub, so if somebody on here wants it, let me know ASAP.

-Jim

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It's really hard to get money back on tickets when people in your level are already cutting their prices almost in half more than a month before the game.

This is my first season as a STH. Are these prices typical or a product of an average team playing against the bottom teams? I had to sell lower level tickets for 30 bucks for the sabers game an hour before! If this is how it is I am just going to do a partial season ticket package to lower the risk and still get playoff tickets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is my first season as a STH. Are these prices typical or a product of an average team playing against the bottom teams? I had to sell lower level tickets for 30 bucks for the sabers game an hour before! If this is how it is I am just going to do a partial season ticket package to lower the risk and still get playoff tickets.

It's been how it's been for me since my seats went over around $27 (forget the exact number) per ticket. I sold mine tonight for 18/per (get less via StubHub, but my seats for this past Saturday sold fine) for a 50th anniversary hall of fame night. Buffalo sold i think for $20/per. Keep in mind I'm in the last row of the building.

It'll get better but they have to start running off wins, and still not until after Christmas. It's that simple.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone looking for tickets for tonight?

About to put my tickets on StubHub. Section 216A, Row 4, Seats 7 and 8 (on the Aisle).

I'm looking for $20/ticket. Save yourself some money by not having to pay StubHub fees and save me some money.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It's been how it's been for me since my seats went over around $27 (forget the exact number) per ticket. I sold mine tonight for 18/per (get less via StubHub, but my seats for this past Saturday sold fine) for a 50th anniversary hall of fame night. Buffalo sold i think for $20/per. Keep in mind I'm in the last row of the building.

It'll get better but they have to start running off wins, and still not until after Christmas. It's that simple.

Frustrating. Just posted my seats in StubHub and see that there are lower level seats there for 49$. I was hoping the fact that we played the sabers and yotes etc was the issue. Red wings are only slightly better and that's not a good sign. I think they will get a lot of help from mdz and gudas. Goalies can't get much worse. Should allow for some momentum.

All of the season ticket holders should unionize to set the market.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Frustrating. Just posted my seats in StubHub and see that there are lower level seats there for 49$. I was hoping the fact that we played the Sabres and yotes etc was the issue. Red wings are only slightly better and that's not a good sign. I think they will get a lot of help from mdz and gudas. Goalies can't get much worse. Should allow for some momentum.

I wonder if the 8pm start is a reason it is slightly down, and also the Red Wings have never really been our rival

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frustrating. Just posted my seats in StubHub and see that there are lower level seats there for 49$. I was hoping the fact that we played the Sabres and yotes etc was the issue. Red wings are only slightly better and that's not a good sign. I think they will get a lot of help from mdz and gudas. Goalies can't get much worse. Should allow for some momentum.

While I have nothing to back this up... I believe that a lot of what is on resale is from people/agencies own prime Seat Locations for the purpose of resale. They are moneymakers on big Rival Games, PostSeason, and Special Games (giveaway, big ceremony, etc.)... and when the Games are meaningful or the Flyers are a hot commodity... the other Games are sold for what they can get and placed on StubHub to make sure they sell; in other words, very cheap... These Seat Locations I'm talking about are prime locations and the Owners do not want to give up their rights... Breaking even at in 'normal Seasons' is fine, in the expectation that they will make a boatload of money during long PO Runs and when the Flyers become the Dynasty we all are hoping for.

I base much of this on the simple facts that many prime seat locations have different people sitting in the seats each and every Game, and rarely if ever are there the same people more than once in them... For example, the front row in the Mezzanine has maybe one or so pairs per Section with 'real fans'... the Second Row may have slightly better, but not much... I know for a fact that this is the case in my Section... I guess that the higher the Row, the more likely there will be a greater STM personal usage.

So, not all StubHub 'bargains' are from these agencies... some are people occasionally selling Games here and there for what they can get; hoping to lose as little as possible.

Selling for a decent price takes patience, from what I can see... You place them at a price that nets you your cost and any desired profit and wait out all the bargains to sell off one at a time... as the cheap good seats sell off, the chances of selling yours rises... and the Opposition, Season of the Year, Flyers current Status and Play all come into the picture... When the Game Date gets close you mark them down to the least you will accept... and after that you plan on attending yourself, or giving to Family or Friends.

What I'm getting at in a long and roundabout manner is that I don't believe we as STMs can in any way set the Market... the Agencies will not allow it and will ultimately set the pace.

... There's no way out... There's now way out. :shakehead

But, if the Flyers ever get back to the way they were in the Cup Years... people will be breaking down our doors to buy our seats (Albeit they won't be at the well under $10.00 prices of the Seventies).

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I wonder if the 8pm start is a reason it is slightly down, and also the Red Wings have never really been our rival

I seriously doubt it... Late FaceOffs allow more time for people to get there from work... and the Wings still have some allure from the Dynasty Era and one visit every now and then old Western Conference days.

FWIW, After the World Series, and Holidays... and NFL Season... things will pick up dramatically... But will still suck for reselling for us STMs.

The closer you get to Christmas, the worse the attendance will be and the more no-shows, except for Black Fridays.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It doesn't become a hockey town until after football season ends, and you do notice the crowd change.

Red Wings used to be an instant sell because they drew their fans here. Not anymore now that they're off the contender scene.

I play the long game with it in that i just keep banking it every year until I need it later

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
While I have nothing to back this up... I believe that a lot of what is on resale is from people/agencies own prime Seat Locations for the purpose of resale. They are moneymakers on big Rival Games, PostSeason, and Special Games (giveaway, big ceremony, etc.)... and when the Games are meaningful or the Flyers are a hot commodity... the other Games are sold for what they can get and placed on StubHub to make sure they sell; in other words, very cheap... These Seat Locations I'm talking about are prime locations and the Owners do not want to give up their rights... Breaking even at in 'normal Seasons' is fine, in the expectation that they will make a boatload of money during long PO Runs and when the Flyers become the Dynasty we all are hoping for.

I base much of this on the simple facts that many prime seat locations have different people sitting in the seats each and every Game, and rarely if ever are there the same people more than once in them... For example, the front row in the Mezzanine has maybe one or so pairs per Section with 'real fans'... the Second Row may have slightly better, but not much... I know for a fact that this is the case in my Section... I guess that the higher the Row, the more likely there will be a greater STM personal usage.

So, not all StubHub 'bargains' are from these agencies... some are people occasionally selling Games here and there for what they can get; hoping to lose as little as possible.

Selling for a decent price takes patience, from what I can see... You place them at a price that nets you your cost and any desired profit and wait out all the bargains to sell off one at a time... as the cheap good seats sell off, the chances of selling yours rises... and the Opposition, Season of the Year, Flyers current Status and Play all come into the picture... When the Game Date gets close you mark them down to the least you will accept... and after that you plan on attending yourself, or giving to Family or Friends.

What I'm getting at in a long and roundabout manner is that I don't believe we as STMs can in any way set the Market... the Agencies will not allow it and will ultimately set the pace.

... There's no way out... There's now way out. :shakehead

But, if the Flyers ever get back to the way they were in the Cup Years... people will be breaking down our doors to buy our seats (Albeit they won't be at the well under $10.00 prices of the Seventies).

This is true. It would still be nice to set the market floor. If I break even over the season I'll be very happy. Not really looking to make a profit. We also live in the Lehigh valley so the drive is an issue as is our young son. If the game don't sell then we are just out tickets. A lot of my friends are too busy or have kids so going to a game last minute is difficult.

All that said I will be able to make it to games myself in the future. Looking forward to the uptick after xmas, football, etc. Thinking they will go on a run the next 5 games or so.

Do season ticket members typically break even in the reg season?

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Quick question guys, I bought the general admission ticket for the flyers wives carnival, what exactly will be there anyway? I know there will be players, but what other things are present/entailed?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
This is true. It would still be nice to set the market floor. If I break even over the season I'll be very happy. Not really looking to make a profit. We also live in the Lehigh valley so the drive is an issue as is our young son. If the game don't sell then we are just out tickets. A lot of my friends are too busy or have kids so going to a game last minute is difficult.

All that said I will be able to make it to games myself in the future. Looking forward to the uptick after xmas, football, etc. Thinking they will go on a run the next 5 games or so.

Do season ticket members typically break even in the reg season?

I hear you, loud and clear... and I'm totally on board with you on this; just not optimistic on it having impact on the whole picture.

FWIW, I don't often sell off my Games... only when my back is against the wall... but when I do, I will never take a loss... So you have my support... But with that I must point out that there are always many better Seat Locations in my Section that are being sold for cheaper, even though they are at a higher STM Cost... at times, much cheaper... The only hope I have is to wait it out and eventually be at a enticing cost for the people in the Market... As long as the people/agencies who merely buy Seats to Sell them are not on board to hold the line, we can never dictate the Market; they can and will.

From what I understand, depending on the Games and circumstance... and of course Seat Location... people usually have to take a loss... Personally I was able to make a tidy profit on a Black Friday Rangers Game a few Seasons back -- Ranger fans eat those tickets up -- but I normally have to pull my tickets from the Market and make other arrangements... STMs are no longer in the drivers seat as they were back in the day, and usually pray for the best, but expect to cut their losses as best they can... a sad but true fact.

Best deal is to get a Group together and select Games among the members... and trade off Games between the members when you cannot attend. My partner and I swap our selected Games when we cannot attend, as often as we can... or have 'regular' buyers who will take some Games from us, and are go-to people.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I hear you, loud and clear... and I'm totally on board with you on this; just not optimistic on it having impact on the whole picture.

FWIW, I don't often sell off my Games... only when my back is against the wall... but when I do, I will never take a loss... So you have my support... But with that I must point out that there are always many better Seat Locations in my Section that are being sold for cheaper, even though they are at a higher STM Cost... at times, much cheaper... The only hope I have is to wait it out and eventually be at a enticing cost for the people in the Market... As long as the people/agencies who merely buy Seats to Sell them are not on board to hold the line, we can never dictate the Market; they can and will.

From what I understand, depending on the Games and circumstance... and of course Seat Location... people usually have to take a loss... Personally I was able to make a tidy profit on a Black Friday Rangers Game a few Seasons back -- Ranger fans eat those tickets up -- but I normally have to pull my tickets from the Market and make other arrangements... STMs are no longer in the drivers seat as they were back in the day, and usually pray for the best, but expect to cut their losses as best they can... a sad but true fact.

Best deal is to get a Group together and select Games among the members... and trade off Games between the members when you cannot attend. My partner and I swap our selected Games when we cannot attend, as often as we can... or have 'regular' buyers who will take some Games from us, and are go-to people.

This is what I do, my wife would never let me go to all those games lol. I split the tickets in a fantasy sports-style ticket draft via email, and the folks who get last picks get first dibs when the playoffs come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad