Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The book is only mid 90s onward tho, is there more to it or no?

IIRC it is an addendum to the previous book, Full Spectrum (I believe it was called) which was from inception through the Opening of the Center... I wasn't sure if the new edition was to include the Original or not... It seems that that is not the case, but covers where the Original Edition leaves off.

With that said, it is supposed to have some all new information that dates back to the First Season... including Players and various Lists, etc... In essence, I guess it is an overlap edition that readdresses the Spectrum years and carries over through last Twenty Seasons at the Center.

EDIT: Bill Meltzer says that he is assisting the Writer with both proof reading as well as penning certain Chapters... IIRC... which can only add greatly to the Project.

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
IIRC it is an addendum to the previous book, Full Spectrum (I believe it was called) which was from inception through the Opening of the Center... I wasn't sure if the new edition was to include the Original or not... It seems that that is not the case, but covers where the Original Edition leaves off.

With that said, it is supposed to have some all new information that dates back to the First Season... including Players and various Lists, etc... In essence, I guess it is an overlap edition that readdresses the Spectrum years and carries over through last Twenty Seasons at the Center.

EDIT: Bill Meltzer says that he is assisting the Writer with both proof reading as well as penning certain Chapters... IIRC... which can only add greatly to the Project.

A PDF version of Full Spectrum is available to those who purchase Flyers at 50. The new volume is half 50-season retrospective (50 top figures, 50 greatest victories, 50 memorable moments, etc) and half year-by-year history from 1996-97 to today. The new book weighs almost six pounds by the way!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At 6 points, that book is going to be a big boy.

50 greatest victories should be a fun read. Moreso once you get past the obvious selections.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ I hope Game 4 against Toronto in 1977 made the cut. As the years expand, it is an exercise in caution to delete games from the distant past while trying to balance more recent wins fresher in memory; however, that game was a fantastic application of robustness of that era that in itself is worthy of a few paragraphs. Down three goals in an hostile environment with under six minutes to play, down two men on a PK and with multiple players ejected. Down by two with under two minutes to play. Last minute goal in OT ties the series as opposed to being down 3-1 in games returning home. The memories ARE still fresh.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
A PDF version of Full Spectrum is available to those who purchase Flyers at 50. The new volume is half 50-season retrospective (50 top figures, 50 greatest victories, 50 memorable moments, etc) and half year-by-year history from 1996-97 to today. The new book weighs almost six pounds by the way!

Thanks for the clarification, Bill... looking forward to getting my copy, once my STM Partner gets done with it, and reliving the Half Century. :yo:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

It was heavy when I was carrying it on the way to the car after Friday's game, but I've begun reading it, and its very interesting so far.

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
For those who do not have a copy of Full Spectrum and want it as a companion to "Flyers at 50" a PDF copy can be obtained by emailing a request to FullSpectrum1967 at gmail.

That way, you will have the year-by-year histories from 1966 to 2016, plus the various special sections.

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
I've got 2 for tomorrow for 85/ticket in 112/15 vs the blackhawks
paypal+ electronic transfer, PM me

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So i've been instructed to try and sell our company's suite for Tuesday (Vs. Panthers) and Thursday (Vs. Oilers Goalie Heritage Night) so I figured i'd post on here.

The suite has twelve tickets. Preference would be to sell them all at once so maybe someone on here has 12 people that would like to go or maybe a group effort here on HF could be made to get a gathering of posters.

I will be asking $50/ticket so $600 total.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
So i've been instructed to try and sell our company's suite for Tuesday (Vs. Panthers) and Thursday (Vs. Oilers Goalie Heritage Night) so I figured i'd post on here.

The suite has twelve tickets. Preference would be to sell them all at once so maybe someone on here has 12 people that would like to go or maybe a group effort here on HF could be made to get a gathering of posters.

Is it catered? :naughty:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Thursday sold and i'm bumping down tonight's game to $400 for the 12 tickets (so really $33.34/ticket).

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm in - I just need a 27 1/2 hour head start.

eaaf845200cbfe885bef8302fb6a4c401ad197a357cb86db0ee023369c331823.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone have any interest in two tickets to Monday's game against the Predators? (12/19)

I'm just looking to get my money back and prices seem competitive with StubHub's lowest prices. $90 for the pair.

Section 216A, Row 4, Seats 7 and 8 (Aisle)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone have any interest in two tickets to Monday's game against the Predators? (12/19)

I'm just looking to get my money back and prices seem competitive with StubHub's lowest prices. $90 for the pair.

Section 216A, Row 4, Seats 7 and 8 (Aisle)

You end up selling them yet? I sold mine on StubHub for a decent return. Also sold the caps and Tampa game for a solid profit. This streak coupled with the post xmas and eagles is coming though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Mine actually sold this morning and I broke even. I listed a bunch of games at the beginning of the season so I don't know what tonights market is like.

Hopefully that 10 game streak gets some butts in the seats.

I made $10 on the tickets, which is a surprise. Looks like Wednesday night's game is a big seller.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Mine actually sold this morning and I broke even. I listed a bunch of games at the beginning of the season so I don't know what tonights market is like.

Hopefully that 10 game streak gets some butts in the seats.

I ahve aways found that the Games before Christmas... the entire Christmas Season actuay... is slow and full of people who have been given seats, or bought them on the very cheap... and (in a Yogi Berra-ish statement) full of no-shows... as people are busy with Holiday matters... only to pick up after the Holidays and NFL Regular Seasons are over.

That said... with the Flyers winning ten straight... and the Eagles already out of the PlayOffs... there may be a sea change a crowd of spirited Fans who would otherwise not attend... I'm looking forward to this Game, and I will miss all of you who have bailed. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->