Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychwarfare

Mar 1, 2017
I'm in 204A Row 12 on the aisle and I'm not renewing. I've had these seats for 8 years or so and had a partial plan prior to that. Not only do I find the tickets to be a poor value but I had a major issue with my renewal last year.

I had expressed concerns regarding ADA seating, after trying to buy ADA season tix for a few years and being told they don't offer them (which wasn't true, they offer them but were sold out). I noted that I would only renew if I could be guaranteed ADA seats for the games my father attends as I could no longer drive from my new job, to my father's house, and to the game for the 90 minute doors open window to wait in line for ADA seats.

My ticket rep at the time told me they were implementing an ADA reservation list and that I could show up right before puck drop and be guaranteed ADA seats.

Low and behold, the first game of the year this season, nobody has ever heard of this list. They did some research and my rep had a new position, acknowledged what he told me. All they could do was apologize and say he meant well but was misinformed.

The fact they're adding all these ADA seats now is too little too late. My new rep (third in 4 years?) knows the situation and sent me a list of questions to answer as to why I originally bought season tix and why I'm cancelling etc, so I complied.

Between this bs and Hak's nonsense...I'll keep my $4k+ and buy cheap club box seats (we sit on the stools in the back) for the games my father and I really want to attend.

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
My new rep (third in 4 years?)

I've been going through reps at a pretty fast rate too. I was considering opting out last year and the rep I had last season really tried to sell me on renewing, and he got the job done. The new rep was like Ok, sounds good.

I officially opted out today, "You know that these seats will be released and all of your tenure is gone after this conversation ends". Still bummed, I'll get over it though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm looking forward to seeing what seats the Flyers will have to offer me for having to relocate.

I'm also looking forward to the battle that's going to come after if they don't have any seats that make me happy as it's past the renewal date in which they have told me that I don't have to worry about that date (have it in email).

tue66512

FLYERS STH
Jun 15, 2014
South Jersey
I'm not renewing, it's really eating away at me. I really enjoy being a ticket holder, and losing them now, right before they're about to compete feels like a bad move. The price increases are just getting too much, I don't feel like my seats are worth 57 a piece let alone 59. I've been close to not renewing the last few years but am in the process of opting out now.

Kind of bummed, I've had them for 13 years now.

I totally understand where you're coming from and I was on the fence about renewing myself with prices getting out of hand. My playoff tickets spiked to $75 for round 1 from $47 regular season. I also know a lot of season ticket-holders who declined all their playoff tickets. For instance if you have a center 6 lower level under row 15 the regular season was $123 a ticket, and they were jacked up to $197 for rd 1. If they are going to price gouge season ticketholders for playoffs, you're better off not having to deal with all the BS (pre-season and non popular weeknight games) and possibly just pay the going rate for playoff games. Also to top it off their playoff tickets are so overpriced I just got an email that they are now offering group tickets for rd 1 starting at $60 since they have so much inventory available.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well here’s a surprise.

The Flyers reached back out to me today about my relocation and my displeasure for the seats they were switching me to.

I am currently 216A Row 4 on the aisle and they were switching me to 216A Row 8 not on the aisle. Not exactly the same, right?

So they called today and said that they have seats that they think I’ll like. When they said that I thought to myself “yeah, ok, I’m sure.”

So they said Section 217A Row 2 and Seats on the aisle.

Sweet.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sold my seats yesterday AM for a lot less than they are going for now. And now I may be able to get off and could have gone anyway!

I could see tickets drop if they get blown out tonight.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I didn’t have season tickets this year since I’ve been in DC for the year, but managed to snag a pair for game 3 in section 107 row 9 for $175 a piece in the presale. That’s looking like a realll good decision right now. I can see them dropping a little if they lose the first 2 games, but I highly doubt they fall below what I paid. If they go down 3-0, game 4 will drop off a cliff though.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I still made $72 after fees so not too bad.

Games 3 and 4 paid for game 6 so I can live with that.

I didn't know what your STM Cost was... assumed you either lost or didn't make much... sounds like you were able to do okay... even if not as much as you probably would today.

For fun I looked up the StubHub tickets last night and found that seats nowhere near as good as mine were going for over 125% of what I'm paying... and maybe even more today, after people had a chance to up their listings.

I was surprised that there were not as many Seats on sale as I would have guessed... I guess thst may be because tis is the time that people jold their Season Tickets for... and have little interest in moving them.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I still made $72 after fees so not too bad.

Games 3 and 4 paid for game 6 so I can live with that.
I’m also hoping to go to a game 6 if it’s in the afternoon which I would think it would be. I am going to take a gamble and wait to price my seats to sell until after the game Sunday for game 4. If we win then the price goes up. If we lose it’s still only 2-1 series so I imagine the seats won’t be that bad. If we get blown out again then I might be screwed. Plus the longer layoff increase the chance people will buy them from Sunday night to Wednesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad