Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Sweet, I bought Stubhub last time and it was a home opener, think I paid around $140 USD ?

It will be last minute once schedule is announced, but as long as flights dont go nuts I am coming.

What would good seats be in playoffs, $200 USD each ?

For a general idea I would look at the March 29th game against the Penguins on StubHub.

It depends who they play in the first round to a certain extent.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Sweet, I bought Stubhub last time and it was a home opener, think I paid around $140 USD ?

It will be last minute once schedule is announced, but as long as flights dont go nuts I am coming.

What would good seats be in playoffs, $200 USD each ?

I didn't notice that they were up the other day but there are some listings on StubHub now for the playoffs. I wouldn't buy them anytime soon or anything because the supply is just going to go up thus prices going down but just wanted to let you know.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Hi all.

I have three tickets to the oilers game. I was meant to be coming from Europe but sadly due to coronavirus that's us done for.

Sec 117 Row 3... 3xtickets next to each other. If anyone is interested let me know!

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
I always check ticket prices throughout the year, especially for games I bought tickets for... I bought tickets for the Blues game off Seat Geek (St Pattys) lower level for $50 a piece 2 months ago, maybe less. These same tickets are nearly $200 now on third party sites!

Looks like this game isn't happening and I doubt seatgeek will refund

Last edited:

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
I always check ticket prices throughout the year, especially for games I bought tickets for... I bought tickets for the Blues game off Seat Geek (St Pattys) lower level for $50 a piece 2 months ago, maybe less. These same tickets are nearly $200 now on third party sites!

I can’t speak for Seatgeek but Stubhub just sent an email with options if events are actually cancelled (and not just postponed), one of which is refunding the full amount including service and delivery fees. I assume they also get their money back from the seller. I don’t think I have any current Stubhub purchases but I have sold several games on Stubhub, so I’ll find out. They also indicated that they would notify customers of cancellations. I hope Seatgeek comes through for you.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

If the game is actually cancelled, you’ll get a refund.

I can’t speak for Seatgeek but Stubhub just sent an email with options if events are actually cancelled (and not just postponed), one of which is refunding the full amount including service and delivery fees. I assume they also get their money back from the seller. I don’t think I have any current Stubhub purchases but I have sold several games on Stubhub, so I’ll find out. They also indicated that they would notify customers of cancellations. I hope Seatgeek comes through for you.

If games are cancelled StubHub will charge the sellers credit card the sales amount.

Buyers can receive 120% of purchase price in credit or can get an actual refund but it’ll take a few weeks.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
If the game is actually cancelled, you’ll get a refund.

If games are cancelled StubHub will charge the sellers credit card the sales amount.

Buyers can receive 120% of purchase price in credit or can get an actual refund but it’ll take a few weeks.

You're right. They updated their messaging since I posted. Just checked today, Seatgeek will refund automatically in 3-4 weeks. We don;t even have to do anything!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For those that renewed their Season Tickets for next year (20/21) today is the deadline to defer your April and May payments. You should have received an email around the 19th with information regarding it.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
We deferred our payments with the thinking that, in case of any adjustments, it would be smoother all-around down the line... Strong possibility of cash adjustments on Current Season money they have in hand, as well as maybe tinkering with Next Season... Plus, let's face it, the Economy, on all fronts, is pretty much on hold... Who knows what's to come, and the length of this monetary pause.

On a lesser note... I'm glad I didnt Load up my Discount Card very high... Even if the Season continues, I'm not sure that I'll be purchasing food and eating off of the tables where others have been at--I'm in an at-risk category--I'm probably going to get a refund... but recently my CC Bank has sent me a new Card as a precaution against a possible security breach at an Establishment I visited... When they try and refund, assumed to the Orginal CC Account Number, I don't know how the Bank will handle a Credit to a stopped Card... and I'm not going to bother the Flyers people right now with questions about it in these pressed days; I'll wait to see how it plays out... it is one of the least concerns at this time, but potentially a real pain in the butt down the line. I'll be happy when they March into the not Loading Discount Card next Season, as the old procedure was really a convoluted one... albeit a welcomed 20% Discount.

Again... bigger fish to fry... plesse stay safe, everyone... Hope to see you all soon at the Games.

Reactions: SnS

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
We deferred our Payments before they were due... before the deadline... yet the Fyers still charged us for the First Payment, deducting it from our CC on record... I'm not very happy at this; why offer it but not follow through on the Initial Payment?

Anyone else upset with this?... Or are STMs merely thinking on the lines of, they didn't have to do anything, so this is acceptable and we should be happy? TBH, I suppose the latter thinking has merit... I just feel disappointed, especially if we end up being owed for Cancelled Games, which is a clear possibility.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We deferred our Payments before they were due... before the deadline... yet the Fyers still charged us for the First Payment, deducting it from our CC on record... I'm not very happy at this; why offer it but not follow through on the Initial Payment?

Anyone else upset with this?... Or are STMs merely thinking on the lines of, they didn't have to do anything, so this is acceptable and we should be happy? TBH, I suppose the latter thinking has merit... I just feel disappointed, especially if we end up being owed for Cancelled Games, which is a clear possibility.

I noticed you posted that you deferred it on April 2nd, did you defer it before then? The deadline was the 1st.

I deferred my payments and my card wasn't charged this month.

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I noticed you posted that you deferred it on April 2nd, did you defer it before then? The deadline was the 1st.

I posted well after we signef up for the Deferral... To be sure, I checked the Confirmation Email which stated the Payment Deferral was processed and the Payments would be deferred until June 1... that was dated March 24th, a full week before the deadline. I didn't send my Share to my Partner and a couple days ago, he emailed me for the Payment, saying his CC Account was Charged the full month's Payment. We assumed that Processing was already in the works, and the first Payment was legit... Now that I know you haven't been charged, I'll notify him and ask him to call our Rep... he may have dropped the ball... and we might be hit up again at the end of April.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

My STM Partner got back to me saying that they charged his CC on the 4th and the Deferral Option wasn't offered until the 16th... so we are talking about March which I don't have to pay him until the end of the month, when his due date is--we are on the 7 Payment Plan--Are you on another Payment Plan that Starts in April?

He's suggesting that they already had our money when they decided to allow Deferrals...This wasn't detailed to me before, so I had no way of knowing... So, some STMs apparently had to make a Payment before the Deferral, while others seem to have dodged the bullet... Please correct me if I have this incorrectly.

With that knowledge, I'm not upset at the Flyers... as I suppose I can't expect them to return money that was already gathered in... before the economic crisis caused by the Coronavirus kicked in.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My STM Partner got back to me saying that they charged his CC on the 4th and the Deferral Option wasn't offered until the 16th... so we are talking about March which I don't have to pay him until the end of the month, when his due date is--we are on the 7 Payment Plan--Are you on another Payment Plan that Starts in April?

He's suggesting that they already had our money when they decided to allow Deferrals...This wasn't detailed to me before, so I had no way of knowing... So, some STMs apparently had to make a Payment before the Deferral, while others seem to have dodged the bullet... Please correct me if I have this incorrectly.

With that knowledge, I'm not upset at the Flyers... as I suppose I can't expect them to return money that was already gathered in... before the economic crisis caused by the Coronavirus kicked in.

I had one payment that is due on my credit card next week. I’m on the twelve month plan. My April and May payments were the deferred one.

How are you guys feeling about next years resale market?

I’m SOL. Rovell put out that there was a study that 72% of Americans don’t feel comfortable going to a sporting event until theirs a vaccine. I didn’t bother to look into the polling size.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I had one payment that is due on my credit card next week. I’m on the twelve month plan. My April and May payments were the deferred one.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the 12 Month Plan... and the timing is now confusing me... Our Seven Month Plan runs from March through September, and the first was charged around 3/4... he said we were notified on Deferral on 3/19. The notification said it will be deferred until June 1st; I'm now assuming it meant Payments were to be Suspended after the initial one... although they didn't say it that way.

Are you saying that your 12 Month Plan starts in April and not March... I wonder why there's a difference between 7 and 12 Months Starting Month... I find that very odd, but odd is the Flyers' normal, I suppose.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the 12 Month Plan... and the timing is now confusing me... Our Seven Month Plan runs from March through September, and the first was charged around 3/4... he said we were notified on Deferral on 3/19. The notification said it will be deferred until June 1st; I'm now assuming it meant Payments were to be Suspended after the initial one... although they didn't say it that way.

Are you saying that your 12 Month Plan starts in April and not March... I wonder why there's a difference between 7 and 12 Months Starting Month... I find that very odd, but odd is the Flyers' normal, I suppose.

Charged in March, payment due in April is what I meant.

Reactions: Sawdalite

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
How are you guys feeling about next years resale market?
I’m with HC. I think it will be terrible. I’m a season ticket holder for the Flyers and the Sixers and I have tickets for 20+ Phillies games this year. Between the Flyers and Sixers I made it to between 35 and 40 games this year. I love going to games. But I have no desire to go back any time soon. I’m sure many people feel the same.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I’m with HC. I think it will be terrible. I’m a season ticket holder for the Flyers and the Sixers and I have tickets for 20+ Phillies games this year. Between the Flyers and Sixers I made it to between 35 and 40 games this year. I love going to games. But I have no desire to go back any time soon. I’m sure many people feel the same.

TBH, I had the first Home Game they postponed... and their making the decision was kind of a relief for me, as I was kicking around, back then if I should attend or maybe skip it... We are both high-risk people in my family, and I fear infecting my wife who is a fairly recent cancer survivor who had Chemotherapy as well as Radiation... And now, of course, the concern is even higher then it was back then when we didn't have all this Information and numbers.

I read were some Mayors don't want Arena/Stadium gatherings through next year--NYC for one--I want what is safe, yet I do want my Flyers Games... if they make the call for us, we don't lose our money... but it may kill the NHL and other Leagues as we now know them... there really is no clear cut way out... no 100% safe Option, as I see it.... We either lose attending Games... or lose our committed/paid money... I really don't see selling off many/any Games, or refunds on Games played; attend or forfeit money... And this is coming from a person who is normally not a doom and gloomer. I suppose I'd feel a bit better if the Flyers just weren't so dang promising going forward. *sigh*

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
EXQx6_IX0AE8MbY

Reactions: PAZUZU

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I got the same email. Seems like that's a pretty sure sign to me those games aren't going to be played, despite what it states at the end.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I asked my rep for an actual refund. He said that he could put it back on my credit card and after I ok'd that he mentioned that that's a lot quicker than waiting to cut a check.

Whether that check option is actually available i'm not sure but I figured i'd pass it along.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I asked my rep for an actual refund. He said that he could put it back on my credit card and after I ok'd that he mentioned that that's a lot quicker than waiting to cut a check.

Whether that check option is actually available i'm not sure but I figured i'd pass it along.

Has there been any mention anywhere, that you're aware of, on refund of Flyers Edge Cash stored in Accounts... Plan and Method?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Has there been any mention anywhere, that you're aware of, on refund of Flyers Edge Cash stored in Accounts... Plan and Method?

From the FAQ's regarding the Inside Edge Card earlier in the year... I imagine it's still the same.

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308917324/binary-file/file.pdf

What happens to money remaining on my Edge Cash Card at the end of the Flyers season? Money remaining at the end of the season (minus any value that was added by the Flyers) will be refunded to you within 60 days. For example, if you’re a full Season Ticket Member and you loaded $100 to your card (for which you paid the discounted amount of $80) but you only spent $50, you would be refunded the remaining $30. i.e. the Flyers would refund the discounted amount of $80 less the $50 spent; you would not receive a refund of the $20 that the Flyers added to your balance.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I got the same email. Seems like that's a pretty sure sign to me those games aren't going to be played, despite what it states at the end.

Games will still be played. This just means no fans will be there which we already knew. Right or wrong, if you can get a haircut, you can have pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad