Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yea I’m not sure I should be a season ticket member anymore haha. Haven’t gotten to many games at all. But we are going to multiple games coming up. I think I’ll have to switch to a weekend package.

Here's my question for you, why a weekend package? Why not just cut ties entirely and go to the secondary market? What's the benefit of the weekend package in your mind?

As little benefit as I see in being a STH, there's even less if you're doing the partial seasons. Tickets are more expensive and they give you worse seats.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Here's my question for you, why a weekend package? Why not just cut ties entirely and go to the secondary market? What's the benefit of the weekend package in your mind?

As little benefit as I see in being a STH, there's even less if you're doing the partial seasons. Tickets are more expensive and they give you worse seats.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. Last off-season, I briefly considered becoming a STH (or at least exploring it further), but I realized that I don't quite want to be a full member, and there really is no benefit to the weekend package. For now at least, you're better off just buying the individual games that you want.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly

I agree with this. I am a STM and will remain one. I love it. If I wasn’t going to go full season I would just buy tickets off the secondary market though. It’s generally quite a bit cheaper and it’s not like the benefits for the partial plans are anything significant.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

im542

Sep 12, 2013
New "LOGE" club sections.

$14,500 per seat per season includes Flyers and Sixers.

You must buy 4 minimum.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I have no reason other than getting playoff tickets at cost. I believe they will be in the finals soon enough and those prices will be high. I remember when we were good and tickets were always so high. I’m not sure that will happen again though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have no reason other than getting playoff tickets at cost. I believe they will be in the finals soon enough and those prices will be high. I remember when we were good and tickets were always so high. I’m not sure that will happen again though.

Do you even get playoff tickets with the partial plans? Looking at this year’s booklet a half season plan only got “Select Games” under playoff access.

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Do you even get playoff tickets with the partial plans? Looking at this year’s booklet a half season plan only got “Select Games” under playoff access.
I was told you do but they could change it. It may or may not be your seat. But it seems like it may be cheaper to buy a few reg seasons a year and then hopefully one game a round, but that seems ambitious even.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I want printed tickets I don’t think I should have to pay for them. But I also think I’ve moved past that phase.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If I want printed tickets I don’t think I should have to pay for them. But I also think I’ve moved past that phase.

Don't get me wrong but we've crossed that bridge already, there's no going back.

In a perfect world they should just be included but as it stands now it's not even an option for us, unless you've had tickets for 10+ years. I can't even get printed tickets if I wanted. As a business they're definitely thinking about making it a paid option.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So if these dummies can get in I think I’m gonna come for first two games.

When I was there I had club seats at the blue line , what would those be worth ball park for playoffs ?

im542

Sep 12, 2013
So... where’s everyone at with renewing? Yes? No? Maybe?

I am signing a 5 year renewal for my club box contract.

Still negotiating on my Cadillac Grille seats due to the move. (CC117 to CC119).

BTW, the new "premium" club box seats (the ones in front of CB 114, SB 13, CB24, SB 1 and CB 2 are $19,000 each. You get Flyers and Sixers, 1 parking pass in the new premium lot (that will have its own exit) $25 stored value and playoffs for both at NO additional charge.

As of yesterday they have 5 pairs left.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I am signing a 5 year renewal for my club box contract.

Still negotiating on my Cadillac Grille seats due to the move. (CC117 to CC119).

BTW, the new "premium" club box seats (the ones in front of CB 114, SB 13, CB24, SB 1 and CB 2 are $19,000 each. You get Flyers and Sixers, 1 parking pass in the new premium lot (that will have its own exit) $25 stored value and playoffs for both at NO additional charge.

As of yesterday they have 5 pairs left.

Our old business rep talked to me about it the other day. Great if they go deep in the playoffs and if they don't well... not sure if the value is there as opposed to other club seats.

Some cool things include though, like the 360 Food and Beverage where you can order anything in the entire stadium and they'll bring it to you. They'll have a one way valet like they have at the Linc.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangey

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Still up in the air. Might ultimately come down to what kind of run, if any, the team can go on this year in the playoffs.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Our old business rep talked to me about it the other day. Great if they go deep in the playoffs and if they don't well... not sure if the value is there as opposed to other club seats.

Some cool things include though, like the 360 Food and Beverage where you can order anything in the entire stadium and they'll bring it to you. They'll have a one way valet like they have at the Linc.

The trouble with them is the Sixers tix. Other than a couple of top tier draw opponents that's dead money. You'd lose your ass on that side of it. If you could find a Sixers fan to split with it's a pretty good deal .... Same thing with the new "Loge" seats .... and the corners are the worse location for basketball in there the sightline is terrible. Ask any reseller it's a loser. Clearly the Sixers got the Flyers to do the dirty work for them on these locations since there will be a net loss of seats in the club level at the end of the renovation.

The regular club box seats will have the kiosk ordering too ... you can have it brought to your seat or a designated spot on the new concourse. Which is LONG overdue for a makeover and the conceptual display it looks fantastic. I like the new "open" concept as opposed to the current boxes. Larger new seats too. Also a club/suite only new entrance with a lounge/waiting area and additional elevators and a new VIP parking lot Broad St side that will have its own exit onto Broad.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
So... where’s everyone at with renewing? Yes? No? Maybe?

I renewed... With my 40+ Tenure and the favorable changes--especially when taking into account rising Costs with the new Areas--my great seats are too good to give up... I can never get near as good a Seat Location for near what I pay... which has actually decreased greatly after the initial Seat Tier Allocation Pricing increae... And, let's face it, my Tenure is too god to ever give up... as long as I enjoy going to Games... and I have a 50/50 Partner who isn't as interested in the (Activity Events) Benefits as I am. Unless they piss me off drastically, I'll most likely renew until I die... at which time, my son will take over entirely.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I renewed... With my 40+ Tenure and the favorable changes--especially when taking into account rising Costs with the new Areas--my great seats are too good to give up... I can never get near as good a Seat Location for near what I pay... which has actually decreased greatly after the initial Seat Tier Allocation Pricing increae... And, let's face it, my Tenure is too god to ever give up... as long as I enjoy going to Games... and I have a 50/50 Partner who isn't as interested in the (Activity Events) Benefits as I am. Unless they piss me off drastically, I'll most likely renew until I die... at which time, my son will take over entirely.

I'm currently on the fence still about renewing. I reached out to my rep today regarding my thoughts and waiting to hear back with if he can help me with anything. I would prefer seats on the Flyers Shoot twice side and i've mentioned that to him before but i'm not sure they'll be available. If they were my decision would be a good bit easier.

I'm glad that it seems like they're listening to the STH's for once but i'm just not sure if it's worth it to continue to renew. The playoffs are what make having Season Tickets worthwhile so hopefully they'll go on a run but that's after the deadline.

The resale market this year has been better than previous years (at least for me) which is nice because I sell a good portion of my games. This year i'm at a 5% loss for games sold, last year it was 11% (Row 2 217A) and the year before -7% including RS and Playoffs but -14% just Regular Season (Row 4 216A) so things are trending in the right direction it seems.

In the end i'll probably renew but i'll be on the fence til the last minute unless my rep can pull some strings.

Admittedly I feel kind of dirty asking him to help out there because it shouldn't work that way but i've seen a few people have greatly upgraded their seats just by threatening to not renew. Worth a shot.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I'm currently on the fence still about renewing. I reached out to my rep today regarding my thoughts and waiting to hear back with if he can help me with anything. I would prefer seats on the Flyers Shoot twice side and i've mentioned that to him before but i'm not sure they'll be available. If they were my decision would be a good bit easier.

I'm glad that it seems like they're listening to the STH's for once but i'm just not sure if it's worth it to continue to renew. The playoffs are what make having Season Tickets worthwhile so hopefully they'll go on a run but that's after the deadline.

The resale market this year has been better than previous years (at least for me) which is nice because I sell a good portion of my games. This year i'm at a 5% loss for games sold, last year it was 11% (Row 2 217A) and the year before -7% including RS and Playoffs but -14% just Regular Season (Row 4 216A) so things are trending in the right direction it seems.

In the end i'll probably renew but i'll be on the fence til the last minute unless my rep can pull some strings.

Admittedly I feel kind of dirty asking him to help out there because it shouldn't work that way but i've seen a few people have greatly upgraded their seats just by threatening to not renew. Worth a shot.

Best of luck on your decision... your situation, high cost and high resale numbers certainly make deciding tough... IMO nothing is off the table, and everyting is fair... they are making good Revenue and you are spending considerable money... Your Rep greatly benefits from reeling you in, I imagine, and would sorely miss keeping you. I'm sure they will do whatever they can, within their reasonable means to keep you in the fold... I believe you should pull out all the stops to achieve what makes you satisfied re-upping, and, in the end, you can backtrack without penalty, as long as you dont walk.

I'm happy that my situation is so much easier to decide on... and I'm relatively content with the bang for my buck... If the Flyers return to the days of being constantly in the Hunt, I will once again have zero regrets in laying out the bucks.

I at times wonder what I'd do if I were younger and financially stable enough to face the decisions of the new wave of Social Event Game Attending... Presently, I just want to attend with my son, watch a good quality Game... and get the hell home after they announce the 3-Stars... but then again, I'm old. Haha

im542

Sep 12, 2013

If you tell him/her that in order for you to renew it starts and ends with a relocation to your desired area it will be done. There are seats available all over that building don't let them kid you. Oh and it won't take waiting for select a seat either .... they know full well what is available as full season tickets right now. Especially upstairs. I know 2 folks downstairs who already acquired far better locations moving forward in exchange for renewing. I'm talking seats right next to the bench in one instance.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If you tell him/her that in order for you to renew it starts and ends with a relocation to your desired area it will be done. There are seats available all over that building don't let them kid you. Oh and it won't take waiting for select a seat either .... they know full well what is available as full season tickets right now. Especially upstairs. I know 2 folks downstairs who already acquired far better locations moving forward in exchange for renewing. I'm talking seats right next to the bench in one instance.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm on Ice Row though so they very well not actually be available. My rep is looking at it for me as he knows I want to be over there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->