Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Anyone know what they are charging to park at WFC this season? Still $20 ... I usually park at the Linc but can't find anything online about price for this year.

Assuming all the City owned Lots are the same, it has again increased, this Season... IIRC it is now $24.00 or so at the Bank Lot... The Billy Joel Cancert was $25.00 in 2018, I can't remember if it increased in 2019 or not.

Parking honestly has gotten out if hand... the City is taking it in hand over fist; they have Sports Fans over a barrel, and they know it.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I’ve got a pair, and maybe two pairs of tickets for the 10/26 Saturday night game against Columbus for sale.

The first are section 103, row 11. The only catch with these is that they are paper tickets (I won them at the watch party for the opener), so I’d likely be leaving them at the box office (or I could meet you somewhere if you’re local). I’m looking for $80 a ticket for these ($160 total). This is significantly below both face value and what you’d pay on stubhub. Frankly I’m annoyed I can’t use them but it’s my girlfriend’s graduation and I’ll be out of town.

Let me know if interested.

I have a second pair which are my season tickets. There’s a chance the person sitting next to me may want these so I’m going to wait to post details regarding these, but as soon as I get word from her, I’ll edit this post.

Thanks,

Jim

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Speaking of Paper Tickets and the new Paperless Electronic Tickets the Flyers now use, in place of the Printed ones used in the past... On my way to the Opener, we came upon Scalpers asking for extra Tickets... and selling Tickets, as was always the case in past Seasons... but it dawned on me that the transactions that were always 'iffy' in the past were now greatly more dangerous... I wonder how Electron Tickets, and Printed out versions, can be trusted at all... one Electronic Ticket can produce, for the ever so cheap duplicating cost, endless versions to be Scalped... over and over and over again.

I have never transacted on either side of a Scalper Deal... but this did interest my curiosity... and on a related note; how does this impact selling off Season Tickets honestly, outside of StubHub and other Resale Companies... or even maybe with them?

While Electronic Tickets are now the only way... as opposed to Printed Season Tickets... it has actually been in practice for years now, has there been occurrences of multiple sales of the same Seats in the past? I an aware that Scalper deals have always been shady, even with Printed Tckets.

Just curious.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Speaking of Paper Tickets and the new Paperless Electronic Tickets the Flyers now use, in place of the Printed ones used in the past... On my way to the Opener, we came upon Scalpers asking for extra Tickets... and selling Tickets, as was always the case in past Seasons... but it dawned on me that the transactions that were always 'iffy' in the past were now greatly more dangerous... I wonder how Electron Tickets, and Printed out versions, can be trusted at all... one Electronic Ticket can produce, for the ever so cheap duplicating cost, endless versions to be Scalped... over and over and over again.

I have never transacted on either side of a Scalper Deal... but this did interest my curiosity... and on a related note; how does this impact selling off Season Tickets honestly, outside of StubHub and other Resale Companies... or even maybe with them?

While Electronic Tickets are now the only way... as opposed to Printed Season Tickets... it has actually been in practice for years now, has there been occurrences of multiple sales of the same Seats in the past? I an aware that Scalper deals have always been shady, even with Printed Tckets.

Just curious.

I haven’t bought any this year so I can’t speak for the electronic only scalping world, but I’ve never had any problems with buying the printed out versions from scalpers.

At most places those guys all have a reputation to live up to - one bad sale and you’re screwed with potential future customers and other scalpers. All the scalpers usually know each other and you don’t want to get black listed.

Unless you’re in for a seriously major event and can make a few G’s off of one sale, it’s just not worth it for those guys to purposely sell fake tickets.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I haven’t bought any this year so I can’t speak for the electronic only scalping world, but I’ve never had any problems with buying the printed out versions from scalpers.

At most places those guys all have a reputation to live up to - one bad sale and you’re screwed with potential future customers and other scalpers. All the scalpers usually know each other and you don’t want to get black listed.

Unless you’re in for a seriously major event and can make a few G’s off of one sale, it’s just not worth it for those guys to purposely sell fake tickets.

Thanks... that makes sense... while I never deal with Scalpers, I've heard horror stories about some people who were taken... which I guess led to my question... On a somewhat personal basis, my son dealt twice with Scalpers; once he and a friend were sold Seats to a baseball game, I believe, and the clever Scalper showed them each their Tickets INDIVIDUALLY, and when they got in they found their Seats were not together, nor even in the same Section nor Area.

The worse one though was when my son and his girlfriend drove all the way to Yankee Stadium for a Subway Series Game only to find out their Tickets were not good... so he had to repurchase Seats or drive the 100 miles back without seeing the Game. I honestly don't remember the details on when or where he got the tickets--beforehand or there--only that they were Scalped.

I guess we rarely hear about the good and honest Transactions... and always hear after the bad ones... so I'm glad to hear your take about honest Scalpers.

I guess I was just thinking of how easy it is for dishonest people to make alot if money... maybe on a onetime shot... and my mind wandered to the thought of a dude buying a pair of sweet Seats and photocopying scads of them to sell at a seemingly great price... and going home with a small fortune.

I must admit that the honor aspect of the Regular Scalpers... with repeat customers... and Local Reputation does make a lot of sense, when stated as you did.

Reactions: flyersjim73

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Pardon me for asking if these are stupid questions.
Do Flyers season ticket holders still get the nice looking tickets on STH stock?
Are there any paper tickets?
Is everything 100% digital?
Does the box office do reprints?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pardon me for asking if these are stupid questions.
Do Flyers season ticket holders still get the nice looking tickets on STH stock?
Are there any paper tickets?
Is everything 100% digital?
Does the box office do reprints?

It’s 100% digital. You can print giant barcodes on printer paper if you want though.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Like in person?

They may print one on the crap stock.

I have however seen people enter with large printed color Tickets with barcodes and no real unique picture... as was the case in the past with non-STM Tickets from Flyers or, I assume, After-Market Resale.

I don't know if they were bought from Flyers Box Office over Internet/Phone or were Resales from STM of some manner.

On a side related note; I have not really had any trouble entering from SmartPhone and have been able to retrieve my pre-called up Screenshot after going through the Metal Detector in a timely factor. If I don't lose of damage my SmartPhone, I assume I'll be fine with the new procedure going forward... but will always miss collecting my Tickets.

A little while back someone on FB posted an image of an old Ticket Stub from the Sixties... sparking various conversations about Price and their personal memories... I couldn't help but think how 50 years from now nobody will be posting any Ticket images from the 2019-20 Season... no conversations off it... no memories shared or recalled. Sadly, we have no Options on this... it was taken away without our being asked. The Flyers Organization would have lost no money with supplying them off a STM Payment Option... but could have gained much goodwill had they chose to go that route. [Rant/]

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have however seen people enter with large printed color Tickets with barcodes and no real unique picture... as was the case in the past with non-STM Tickets from Flyers or, I assume, After-Market Resale.

I don't know if they were bought from Flyers Box Office over Internet/Phone or were Resales from STM of some manner.

On a side related note; I have not really had any trouble entering from SmartPhone and have been able to retrieve my pre-called up Screenshot after going through the Metal Detector in a timely factor. If I don't lose of damage my SmartPhone, I assume I'll be fine with the new procedure going forward... but will always miss collecting my Tickets.

A little while back someone on FB posted an image of an old Ticket Stub from the Sixties... sparking various conversations about Price and their personal memories... I couldn't help but think how 50 years from now nobody will be posting any Ticket images from the 2019-20 Season... no conversations off it... no memories shared or recalled. Sadly, we have no Options on this... it was taken away without our being asked. The Flyers Organization would have lost no money with supplying them off a STM Payment Option... but could have gained much goodwill had they chose to go that route. [Rant/]

I can confirm when you buy tickets through the Flyers online for single game tickets I got the standard old PDF.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

As Bar Codes Replace Tickets, Something Is Lost Before the First Pitch

This article was in the NY Times a few years ago and there were a few other similar ones published recently. I always try really hard to get a stub from games I attend. So far, in the digital age, I've gotten one, but it's been getting harder and hard.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I can confirm when you buy tickets through the Flyers online for single game tickets I got the standard old PDF.

Interesting. I just called and they told me that there are no physical tickets. I asked about people that don't own a smart phone and was told to just print out the QR code to scan.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah, yeah I know it's a lot of money but I have my pair of tickets available for Saturday night's game against the Blue Jackets available (10/26).

I am asking for $550 for the pair which is $150 less than face value (open to fair offers).

The seats are in Section 115, Row 1, Seats 13 and 14 (Aisle) and include access to the Center City Club which includes all-inclusive food and drink (soft drinks, beer, and wine).

Here is the view from my seat...

XguvzZ5.jpg

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, yeah I know it's a lot of money but I have my pair of tickets available for Saturday night's game against the Blue Jackets available (10/26).

I am asking for $550 for the pair which is $150 less than face value (open to fair offers).

The seats are in Section 115, Row 1, Seats 13 and 14 (Aisle) and include access to the Center City Club which includes all-inclusive food and drink (soft drinks, beer, and wine).

XguvzZ5.jpg

I remain interested in checking your seats out. Looks great. Have to check out my new ones first. Hard to imagine I haven’t been to a game with all the home games

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

XguvzZ5.jpg

$425 takes them...

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
My rep called me today. He asked if I was going tomorrow and I told him I wasn't (my tickets are already spoken for) and he offered me comp tickets. I told him thanks but I have plans already. I told him how I would have preferred printed tickets to digital only, he said they have been hearing that feedback, and they may make it an option again next year.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My rep called me today. He asked if I was going tomorrow and I told him I wasn't (my tickets are already spoken for) and he offered me comp tickets. I told him thanks but I have plans already. I told him how I would have preferred printed tickets to digital only, he said they have been hearing that feedback, and they may make it an option again next year.
At a cost...

I’m willing to wager.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad