Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Sounds like the Flyers to me.

Regarding the Inside Edge stuff and the discounts, they're going to send you a "debit" card like thing that you'll have to load up yourself. You upload $100 onto it and you get $120 put on it. Whether you get one card per account or one card per seat I am not sure but it is a physical card that gets you those discounts and not just a notation on your tickets.

I was told there would be a card for each "partner" but that it would be limited to a "reasonable" number of partners. Whatever that might be. I was also told last week it was still up in the air whether there would be a "card" as you described or they were simply going to code the discount into the barcode of the ticket. Which I strongly suggested they do. Seems like a no brainer.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I was told there would be a card for each "partner" but that it would be limited to a "reasonable" number of partners. Whatever that might be. I was also told last week it was still up in the air whether there would be a "card" as you described or they were simply going to code the discount into the barcode of the ticket. Which I strongly suggested they do. Seems like a no brainer.

I disagree with you... I share 50/50... we would have to somehow divvy out our Stored Money to a particular Partner for 44 Games... I'd assume we would need to pool our Stored Cash and have headaches as we keep track of who spent what each Game... Or, if we could have multiple Accounts per STH Account, we'd have to somehow allot one Cash Account to some Games and another to other Games, and pray we don't swap Games during the Season-- as we often do--And what happens if we sell off a Game outside of our Group...Can we on the spur if the moment freeze the Account Stored Money?

Seriously, there are so many circumstances where we'd be screwed... I think many STHs would forgo the Discount rather than go through all the rig-amaroll or chance their Stored Cash be hijacked.

My money is on Debit Cards, as was first suggested... safest and easiest on all accounts. Easy; each Partner stores their money and uses it as they please, in Games they want... or even at Xfinity on off-nights or WFC Stores, whenever they please... without needing a CPA managing their Accounts.[/RANT]

Reactions: Breeze 44

im542

Sep 12, 2013
I disagree with you... I share 50/50... we would have to somehow divvy out our Stored Money to a particular Partner for 44 Games... I'd assume we would need to pool our Stored Cash and have headaches as we keep track of who spent what each Game... Or, if we could have multiple Accounts per STH Account, we'd have to somehow allot one Cash Account to some Games and another to other Games, and pray we don't swap Games during the Season-- as we often do--And what happens if we sell off a Game outside of our Group...Can we on the spur if the moment freeze the Account Stored Money?

Seriously, there are so many circumstances where we'd be screwed... I think many STHs would forgo the Discount rather than go through all the rig-amaroll or chance their Stored Cash be hijacked.

My money is on Debit Cards, as was first suggested... safest and easiest on all accounts. Easy; each Partner stores their money and uses it as they please, in Games they want... or even at Xfinity on off-nights or WFC Stores, whenever they please... without needing a CPA managing their Accounts.[/RANT]

Coding the tickets for 20% concession discount eliminates the need for stored value/debit cards.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
My rep is still there, i've been in more contact with him this summer then the last few years combined and he's been very helpful.

I got an email today from my new rep. Another new guy this is probably the 5th different rep I've had in 10+ years. I understood the changes when I had a Partial plan but the 2 changes in 4 years since I went full season are meh. Yes in 4 seasons of full season tickets I've had 3 reps.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Coding the tickets for 20% concession discount eliminates the need for stored value/debit cards.

That would give anyone in possession of a valid such ticket the Discount... in cases if Non-Game use at Xfinity and Shops, it would eliminate the advantage they're trying to give to STMs as enticement... That said, it certainly is better for me and my concerns, but not good for the ultimate Comcast Revenue grab. I'm fine with the Debit Cards being supplied to EVERY STM Partner who requests one... it is fair to all involved, I suppose.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I firmly believe that reps have a high quota requirement and are often let go when they do not meet it. They are super aggressive trying to make a sale and ghost you almost the instant you give them cash. That is until the playoffs creep around. That’s when the rep calls you up and has been saying that they have been trying to catch you at your seat for most of the year to say hi in person and “oh by they way how are planning on watching the playoffs”?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just got this email, they added Variable pricing like the other teams have done in the city...

Follow this link to see how they break down... Inside Edge Account

Io6VomH.jpg

im542

Sep 12, 2013
That would give anyone in possession of a valid such ticket the Discount... in cases if Non-Game use at Xfinity and Shops, it would eliminate the advantage they're trying to give to STMs as enticement... That said, it certainly is better for me and my concerns, but not good for the ultimate Comcast Revenue grab. I'm fine with the Debit Cards being supplied to EVERY STM Partner who requests one... it is fair to all involved, I suppose.

No it wouldn't. You aren't thinking this through. The discount is only for ARAMARK managed food/drink in the Center for that game. I've had team loaded stored value on my club box tickets for years ... it is only good for THAT game. Does NOT roll over ... use it or lose it. They can easily code the discount in the same manner. It would make the most sense. With a "debit card" if you sell your tickets obviously the holder doesn't get the discount. That discount is a big selling point.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Guess they cleaned house.

I think more likely some of the reps left for greener pastures, better jobs. I know mine did and he was there for years. This is a very very tough year for renewals let alone new plan sales. There are seats available all over the building including club boxes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That hurts my head... I figured all Top Metro teams would be highest priced. I was wrong. They split between top 2 tiers...

It makes sense to me, looking at Tier 1 two of the games are on Friday's (including Black Friday) and the other two are the Penguins on a Sunday and a Rangers game right before Christmas.

Tier two is basically all weekend games besides a Penguins and Caps game.

I'm just laughing at people on Facebook getting all up in arms about this, the Eagles and Sixers have been doing it for a couple years. I'm pretty sure the Phillies do too. It's just going to be a way for the Flyers to charge more for single game tickets and less for others. Doesn't make a difference to us STH's.

Although, this is their way to prevent people from using their new "Exchange" system to trade tickets for a Senators game for a Penguins game. They'll likely make you pay extra which is LOL.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
No it wouldn't. You aren't thinking this through. The discount is only for ARAMARK managed food/drink in the Center for that game. I've had team loaded stored value on my club box tickets for years ... it is only good for THAT game. Does NOT roll over ... use it or lose it. They can easily code the discount in the same manner. It would make the most sense. With a "debit card" if you sell your tickets obviously the holder doesn't get the discount. That discount is a big selling point.

I'm of the impression that the Discounts are for not only the Food/Beverage at Games, but also for Xfinity Live! Restaurants and Bars, as well as Merchandise at WFC--possibly including also non-Game Days--per what I read about the Plan... So, if that be the case, Discounts would be available by showing a denoted Ticket... But I believe I did state that I thought the Ticket Denoting Method was not beneficial for Organization ST promotion, I personally have no problem if they went that route.

I do have concerns with Loaded Tickets... for reasons I previously stated; headaches for sharing Accounts and for selling. I would rather have Debit Cards than proposal of Loaded Tickets, which started this debate... Please keep in mind that prior Loaded Tickets were funded by Organization, and we had the ability to shut it down on a Game by Game basis... no concerns of who had what Game, and who had how much of the funds available owned by who.

I'm not following your last two sentences as they pertain to the rest of the Post.

To summarize:
*I'm fine with Debit Cards for everyone on Account needing them.
*I'm fine with Tickets coding for Discounts.
*I'm not okay with Loaded Tickets that STMs fund, due to sharing and selling.

I think I am thinking this through pretty well... in fact, probably more than I should. Haha

Reactions: Breeze 44

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
So my boss gave me his tickets for the game on the 16th, he also gave me a parking pass. Its all electronic, but the parking pass has an assigned section/row and seat number as well...this is new, is parking for sth members now assigned?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So my boss gave me his tickets for the game on the 16th, he also gave me a parking pass. Its all electronic, but the parking pass has an assigned section/row and seat number as well...this is new, is parking for sth members now assigned?

Nah. It’s not assigned.

Reactions: Danko

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
We received the E-Tickets and found that they must be downloaded (with the same file name) individually... and print out in three pages per pair --each ticket per page and a no return/exchange disclaimer that flies against the new unusable Games policy--My partner who handles our Account is complaining about all the work involved, all the ink and paper... and the fact that WE are paying THEM a Service/Convenience Fee. I've seen the ugly Tickets... certainly far from collectable. SMH

This is not good... Anyone else pissed about this? No wonder there was no Town Hall Meeting last Season... they obviously wanted a clear path to doing whatever they wanted to do, without objections as were the cases in the past.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We received the E-Tickets and found that they must be downloaded (with the same file name) individually... and print out in three pages per pair --each ticket per page and a no return/exchange disclaimer that flies against the new unusable Games policy--My partner who handles our Account is complaining about all the work involved, all the ink and paper... and the fact that WE are paying THEM a Service/Convenience Fee. I've seen the ugly Tickets... certainly far from collectable. SMH

This is not good... Anyone else pissed about this? No wonder there was no Town Hall Meeting last Season... they obviously wanted a clear path to doing whatever they wanted to do, without objections as were the cases in the past.

Do you have an iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->