Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

im542

Sep 12, 2013
So pretty much exactly what I posted. Not sure why some reps weren't telling their STH the obvious all along that there would be refunds offered.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
While ultimately they have to make the most money they can, as hard as they're going to try to produce safe conditions, the price still has to be something people are willing to risk their safety for.
The email sent out today mentions "member pricing" so at least they got that right.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
That email update was a joke. What this entire thing boils down to is it's a 21/22 renewal pitch.

I found it a little confusing in the Rollover/Opt Out part...It seems that the Opt Out is in the assumption that we will Opt In later... In neither case is any Refund mentioned... only that if we Opt Out, our money paid already will be a credit... makes it seem that it will remain that until Opt In... In the Virtual Event it was much clearer... and seemed like a Refunf Option was available... or Rollover money Option can be made. I guess the email is saying that if we do nothing our money is applied to next season... if we Opt out, it will become a Credit... at no time is it mentioned that we can either get refund, or miss early payments... and no mention of Deposit need be left in there. IMO the email left more questions... and muddied the water; if you didn't see the Virtual Eventyou're not getting the full picture, most likely... Typical Flyers.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I found it a little confusing in the Rollover/Opt Out part...It seems that the Opt Out is in the assumption that we will Opt In later... In neither case is any Refund mentioned... only that if we Opt Out, our money paid already will be a credit... makes it seem that it will remain that until Opt In... In the Virtual Event it was much clearer... and seemed like a Refunf Option was available... or Rollover money Option can be made. I guess the email is saying that if we do nothing our money is applied to next season... if we Opt out, it will become a Credit... at no time is it mentioned that we can either get refund, or miss early payments... and no mention of Deposit need be left in there. IMO the email left more questions... and muddied the water; if you didn't see the Virtual Eventyou're not getting the full picture, most likely... Typical Flyers.
I emailed my rep, you can get a refund they just ask that you keep 10% there to keep your account in good standing. I am assuming that idea is based off of the idea of you renewing next year. If you're opting out I imagine you can get a 100% refund.

The whole you have to opt out by February 1st but then you can opt in again in March but I would assume they may change prices or something at that point based off of wording.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I emailed my rep, you can get a refund they just ask that you keep 10% there to keep your account in good standing. I am assuming that idea is based off of the idea of you renewing next year. If you're opting out I imagine you can get a 100% refund.

The whole you have to opt out by February 1st but then you can opt in again in March but I would assume they may change prices or something at that point based off of wording.

Thanks... based off Virtual Event, that sounds right... and makes sense... but going by the email, who'd know? At this point, until I get with my Partner, I have no idea if he understands that; he may not have watched the VE. I'm all for letting it ride, and making less future payments, so I'm fine just letting it go.

I guess the Flyers may just be hoping that people on the fence will not opt out by 2/1... and then they have them for the a couple years more.

im542

Sep 12, 2013

Those of us who leave 10% will have first dibs on tickets IF (big IF) there are fans back in the building in any capacity this season.

Also I received my refund check today for my "regular" Flyers seats ... club box account refunds are being processed this week, will be mailed out next week.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I just left my money in, less to pay next summer. Also kinda hope we can be in the house for some playoff games. I am low int the 2nd level, so it isnt as much money as you folks in the lower level or boxes.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Interesting, I caught Sixers highlights and noticed they have different tarps and ads covering the empty seats. Makes sense since they have different owners, and I guess it employs some staff to make the change.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I am absolutely infuriated with that decision - or basically, non-decision. I think it's insulting to the WFC, Sixers, and Flyers. These teams haven't had fans in a year, and have clearly taken the time to make the facility safer (HVAC, there will be a zillion protocols too) for fans and players alike, and staff members.

I said this on twitter, I went to an Eagles game this Fall, it was safe, well thought-out, and a good time. There's been no outbreaks anywhere, why this arena can't have 5k fans...beyond me.

Reactions: Cody Webster

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Geez I would have thought at least 2k in the lower bowl would have been workable. Leave the upper bowl closed and have 4 consession stands open.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Flyers sent a proposal for 5k, so it’s probably that.
I'm wondering what the staff number is. they already have to add staff to implement protocols. but in order to open, do you need staff to run concessions? or only some? no bartenders, etc? only sell water and some food? i guess it depends are they trying to open to just get people in the door, or get open and provide the experience.

i intend to go to a game as soon as i can on my own just to see what it all looks like and report back as it will be a different experience ultimately. i do not think they will be back at full capacity by the time next season starts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This would put it at about 2800, but then subtract staff number.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
HiddenSpanishBanteng-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->