Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges (2019-20...and now 2021...but now actually 21/22 but for real 22/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Games will still be played. This just means no fans will be there which we already knew. Right or wrong, if you can get a haircut, you can have pro sports.

The way I see it, this also gives us the Option, if there are Attended Home Games to either attend through their promised First Chance Option... or to pass on the Games without having to privately sell them somewhere... With things the way they are, High Risk STH might decide to hold off awhile before attending... like maybe wait out until next Season. This eliminates ALL chances of losing money, if they decide to allow Fans in the Arenas Win/Win situation, as I see it.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
From the FAQ's regarding the Inside Edge Card earlier in the year... I imagine it's still the same.

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308917324/binary-file/file.pdf

Thanks... I now remember seeing that... So, based on that, I'd assume their on the clock as of the date of the Announcement.

Now, my only concern is how it will be refunded... and if it is to be Credited to the CC used, how that affects me since my CC Account number was changed by my CC Company to prevent hacking through breaches at Merchants I used... I imagine they will accept and apply the Credit. Since my Card was not stored, I cannot update on the Edge System. The only bugaboo might be if the Flyers decide to let the money ride through the PostSeason... in case some Games are at the WFC, and Fans are allowed to attend... in which case it would merely delay the Refund. No big deal, I suppose.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Glad to see that the Refund is based on the Tiered Schedule... so, largely due to the missed Pens Game, we get a bit better than the 1/44th per Game split back. Not a hell of a lot, but being fair when you consider what we dealt with in any reselling... Also, while no great amount for most STH Accounts, a considerable amount lost by the Organization when all told. I applaud their fairness... which was really only right.

Reactions: TheKingPin

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I had tickets through stubhub for both Phillies opening weekend and the Flyers Oilers game in march. Since the Phillies game was officially announced as cancelled I received an email from StubHub that I was getting 120% credit for those tickets for a future event useable until Dec. 2021. I was not given the option of selecting a refund. I waited and waited and waited as stubhub was not doing anything until games were officially cancelled and not postponed. I have not received any communication beyond the "A game you have tickets for has been postponed" email I got from them back in March regarding the Flyers Oilers game and I don't expect to until the NHL has a plan to move forward.

That said, for people that are looking for a refund, I'd start emailing reps now about it as I have no idea how you would go about getting it. I received no communication from them until I got an email saying I was given the 120% credit. I'm fine with the credit personally but I don't know how viable it is for stubhub to issue thousands upon thousands of refunds so I would not be surprised if that offer has been rescinded unless you bitch and complain a shit ton to them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
For those looking for a little help from the Flyers I was able to switch my payment plan for next season to be a 9 month payment plan from July to March this week.

My payments I already made previously will cover my payments in July and most of August so I won't need to pay anything out of pocket again until Septemberish.

I'm just trying to stay as liquid as possible during this time.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
For those looking for a little help from the Flyers I was able to switch my payment plan for next season to be a 9 month payment plan from July to March this week.

My payments I already made previously will cover my payments in July and most of August so I won't need to pay anything out of pocket again until Septemberish.

I'm just trying to stay as liquid as possible during this time.

Thanks... good to know.

I recently learned that the Edge Cash Card Reimbursements will be coming in a few weeks... Rather than crediting our Credit Cards, as they originally stated, they are sending out checks to the name and address supplied to them when we requested the Card.

Reactions: flyersjim73

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
With Mayor Kenney not allowing the Flyers to play until March at the earliest... unless changed... if the NHL gets back on Regular Schedule-ish, we are looking at roughly one month or so of Games plus PostSeason... Meanwhile, we are paying for a Full Season. One would expect an adjustment well before we complete our rescheduled Payments... yet we hear nothing on that at this time. Anybody got anything on this to report?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
With Mayor Kenney not allowing the Flyers to play until March at the earliest... unless changed... if the NHL gets back on Regular Schedule-ish, we are looking at roughly one month or so of Games plus PostSeason... Meanwhile, we are paying for a Full Season. One would expect an adjustment well before we complete our rescheduled Payments... yet we hear nothing on that at this time. Anybody got anything on this to report?

The Flyers sent this out a couple days ago.

Also, I believe that Flyers games are technically private events and Kenney’s ruling won’t affect them. The Linc and CBP are partially publicly funded where the WFC is privately funded. That could be wrong though.

wLAz0GB.jpg

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Please excuse separate Post, as my phone wouldn't allow extended one as Reply... Frustrating as hell.

I saw that ... it was before Kenney's edict. At one point the Eagles were thought to be exempt, but later that was corrected. I doubt any large gatherings will be allowed in any Philly Venues... I don't see Concerts nor other Events, let alone Sports with attendance.

Someone IIRC brought up the fact that the primary Parking Lots are City Controlled... this could prevent Events, if Mayor can't. Of course, Kenny can relent or adjust.

I just believe that the Flyers should adjust their taking Payments from us ... suspend until we get a better handle... they already have a fair amount in their pockets; maybe even enough to cover the Games we can attend.

JMO

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Please excuse separate Post, as my phone wouldn't allow extended one as Reply... Frustrating as hell.

I saw that ... it was before Kenney's edict. At one point the Eagles were thought to be exempt, but later that was corrected. I doubt any large gatherings will be allowed in any Philly Venues... I don't see Concerts nor other Events, let alone Sports with attendance.

Someone IIRC brought up the fact that the primary Parking Lots are City Controlled... this could prevent Events, if Mayor can't. Of course, Kenny can relent or adjust.

I just believe that the Flyers should adjust their taking Payments from us ... suspend until we get a better handle... they already have a fair amount in their pockets; maybe even enough to cover the Games we can attend.

JMO

So... the Eagles were at first exempt to the city order and then they weren't but now they are exempt again. The Eagles will rely on the city's recommendation but they can make their own decision which in the end will likely mimic the city's recommendation so it's moot.

I agree that the Flyers should probably figure something out sooner than later but personally they've been extremely helpful up to this point. They offered the pushing off two months of payments and then after that I asked them if they could help me out in another way. They offered me a new payment schedule.

As it stands now they only have taken 18.5% of my total package of which the refund from 19/20 covered 87% of that amount. They really haven't gotten much "new" money from me up to this point. With the new payment plan that they put me on my August payment is a small one so my thoughts are that by the time my September payment comes they'll have a clearer idea about what next season is going to bring.

I certainly don't like the idea of paying for something that i'm never going to get but i'll give them some leeway up until September before I start getting super angry.

Reactions: Sawdalite

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
When is payment in full for season tickets normally due? Before the season starts, or do the regular payment plans run into the beginning of the season? I'm wondering if they are of the mindset that the balance has to be paid by a certain date relative to the season and they are also trying to avoid a bunch of folks suddenly having a "balloon payment" when play does resume with fans, that they can't afford.

I'm a Royals STH and they have a few plans, but the easiest, and most popular, is a 12 month plan. Payments for 20-21 started in January 2020 and go through Dec 2020. (Season is Oct-April) I did get credit for the missed games at the end of the season (basically skipped one payment), and the current plan is for ECHL hockey to resume in October with fans, so they continue to charge my credit card monthly. If the season doesn't start on time I assume they will suspend payments at that time, and I'll probably leave that credit on my account until games do resume. Although we are talking about probably 10% of what you pay for your Flyers tickets, so it isn't really comparable.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When is payment in full for season tickets normally due? Before the season starts, or do the regular payment plans run into the beginning of the season? I'm wondering if they are of the mindset that the balance has to be paid by a certain date relative to the season and they are also trying to avoid a bunch of folks suddenly having a "balloon payment" when play does resume with fans, that they can't afford.

I'm a Royals STH and they have a few plans, but the easiest, and most popular, is a 12 month plan. Payments for 20-21 started in January 2020 and go through Dec 2020. (Season is Oct-April) I did get credit for the missed games at the end of the season (basically skipped one payment), and the current plan is for ECHL hockey to resume in October with fans, so they continue to charge my credit card monthly. If the season doesn't start on time I assume they will suspend payments at that time, and I'll probably leave that credit on my account until games do resume. Although we are talking about probably 10% of what you pay for your Flyers tickets, so it isn't really comparable.

The Flyers have a bunch of payment plans, the longest being a 12 month plan that starts in March so it's pretty similar to what the Royals have. I usually have had a 12 month plan but they let me do a new 9 month payment plan that runs from July to March with my previous payments covering July etc so I don't really have a new charge until next month.

They have done a pretty good job about the entire thing.

Last edited:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
The Flyers have a bunch of payment plans, the longest being a 12 month plan that starts in March so it's pretty similar to what the Royals have. I usually have had a 12 month plan but they let me do a new 9 month payment plan that runs from July to March with my previous payments covering July etc so I don't really have a new charge until next month.

They have done a pretty good job about the entire thing.
Sounds like it. That letter is well written, and nice to have an assurance that they will make you whole, no matter what happens. The Royals haven't communicated much yet, except plans for the (supposed) season. Some STH's are getting upset because payments keep getting taken, but they don't believe the season is going to happen, or start on time.

They did hold their annual "shoot for your seats" event on Saturday. A full ice shot at the opposite goal, with a little slot at the bottom. If you make it, your tickets are free. One shot per account, plus a bonus shot if you already renewed for next year. Two people made it, including he guy right before me. It was on the concrete this year - no ice, with street hockey pucks. It was probably a little easier than doing it post game on choppy ice.

It will be interesting if the ECHL and AHL start up before the NHL, and if that happens will any players be assigned to lower leagues to get games in prior the the NHL start?

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Got our Notice of a 2020-21 Season Payment Pause...Like I suggested awhile back, we've probably already paid for all the Games we'll Attend, and maybe even be getting a Refund or PO Credit...and it now seems that the Flyers have pretty much acknowledged that as being the case.

Reactions: flyersjim73

im542

Sep 12, 2013
Email with options for season ticket refunds, etc coming shortly.

Highlights ..

NO "season tickets" if there is a season at all. Current STH have the option to leave 10% on their account which will keep your seats for 21/22. Those that do will have preference on tickets sold per game IF (Big IF) there are fans in the building later on in this season including playoffs. The remainder can be refunded or left on the account.

No price increase then "normal" payment plans for 21/22 will resume in the spring.

No club level renovations 2021.

Club box accounts that were signed and deposits taken for the "new" seats or seat locations with the now delayed renovations are cancelled. Club box account holders can leave 10% and their original locations will remain for 21/22. No price increase there either.

Reactions: Sawdalite

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Good. When they asked back in Sept if I would wear a.mask to.a.game, would Inattend, I said yes under certain conditions. Now I am not interested until I get a vaccine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Email with options for season ticket refunds, etc coming shortly.

Highlights ..

NO "season tickets" if there is a season at all. Current STH have the option to leave 10% on their account which will keep your seats for 21/22. Those that do will have preference on tickets sold per game IF (Big IF) there are fans in the building later on in this season including playoffs. The remainder can be refunded or left on the account.

No price increase then "normal" payment plans for 21/22 will resume in the spring.

No club level renovations 2021.

Club box accounts that were signed and deposits taken for the "new" seats or seat locations with the now delayed renovations are cancelled. Club box account holders can leave 10% and their original locations will remain for 21/22. No price increase there either.
I was wondering how this would work because they would basically have to select STH's to get screwed or put in some sort of play on how to divvy them up. And that's of course assuming we get in at all.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I was wondering how this would work because they would basically have to select STH's to get screwed or put in some sort of play on how to divvy them up. And that's of course assuming we get in at all.

The way I see it is that before each Game played that allows Fans, they sell Seats for them with the STMs getting first shot at their own Seats...If they take them, they are off the Market...if they do not, they are sold with all the Seats not owned or claimed by STMs.

Every STM would be able to attend every played game in their usual Seats...with Seats to spare for others. I don't see how any STM would be screwed in any manner. Partial Plan Members may have to move around to other Seats however, as I see it. That is of course unless I'm not reading or understanding the Notice correctly...or not understanding your concern correctly.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They’ll do what the Eagles did if it gets to that point. Groups get access to a single game, groups that it didn’t make it to will go first next time, so on and so forth.

We had first access to the Ravens game, choice of the stadium, but didn’t buy. The next games that went up? We had the last time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad