Flyers super rookies(Carter, Richards): Who gets more poins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
Depends on a few things:

1) how long it takes Carter to adjust to a new position
2) how long it takes Carter to get over some sickness
3) how much pp time they get

IMO, I'm going with Carter

Vic Rattlehead*

Carter, he'll be playing on Forsberg's wing while Richards will be a fourth line center.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Who will score more points this year- Carter or Richards? I thought Carter for sure but Richards had a great pre season while Carter's wasnr so great.
I still think Jeff, he's certainly the better goal scorer and he's in the better situation to succeed right now. What a lot of people don't know is that Jeff suffured from Mono late in the summer and lost between 15 and 20 pounds. Once he gets over that completely and puts some weight back on, he'll be just fine. The thing with Richards though is that he's a very good playmaker and I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach 35-40 assists.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Carter, he'll be playing on Forsberg's wing while Richards will be a fourth line center.
Actually, right now Handzus is slated as the 4th line center and Richards the 2nd line, but lines 2-4 are very balanced. Also, Hitch is contemplating trying Handzus on the wing, maybe on a line with Richards and Knuble if Sim fails to keep up his stellar play from pre-season.

Liquidrage*

19bruins19 said:

People put way too much into line combos. Line combos are very fluid usually. They change a lot. Often within a single game, and over the course of several games. People get hot and cold and it effects all the lines, a single injury can have a ripple effect covering several lines, etc...

Hitch has already had chatter about playing other wingers on that line besides Carter.

I'd say the general concensus is right now Richards looks better. Richards looks like one of the top rookies overall. I've always felt he was underrated compared to some other prospects. Though, that can always change and a nice preseason doesn't mean a lot, just like one without production doesn't mean a prospect is doomed.

I'm just not going to put too much into a pre-pre-season line combo. As of now Carter's never played a game with Forsberg. He could look great playing with him, or could look out of place. Don't know.

I'll take Richards just because right now I believe he's playing better. That could change really quickly though.

Transported Upstater

Liquidrage said:
People put way too much into line combos. Line combos are very fluid usually. They change a lot. Often within a single game, and over the course of several games. People get hot and cold and it effects all the lines, a single injury can have a ripple effect covering several lines, etc...

Hitch has already had chatter about playing other wingers on that line besides Carter.

I'd say the general concensus is right now Richards looks better. Richards looks like one of the top rookies overall. I've always felt he was underrated compared to some other prospects. Though, that can always change and a nice preseason doesn't mean a lot, just like one without production doesn't mean a prospect is doomed.

I'm just not going to put too much into a pre-pre-season line combo. As of now Carter's never played a game with Forsberg. He could look great playing with him, or could look out of place. Don't know.

I'll take Richards just because right now I believe he's playing better. That could change really quickly though.

Liquidrage, where in Tallahassee are you? I'm there as well...

Anyways, I think Carter has superior offensive talent. However, I am not in Philadelphia and have not seen any Flyers' preseason games or training camp exhibitions. So I cannot speculate on anything of that nature.

I do think Carter is more talented, while Richards seems to have a bright future as an "all-around" type guy (not to say he won't tally up points; I just think Carter is more skilled offensively...)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Liquidrage said:
As of now Carter's never played a game with Forsberg. He could look great playing with him, or could look out of place. Don't know.

If Forsberg could make Nimienen look like a star then im sure Carter will be comfortable playing on a line with him. I mean how hard can it be? Give forsberg the puck and wait for the return pass.

Transported Upstater

ice berg slim said:
If Forsberg could make Nimienen look like a star then im sure Carter will be comfortable playing on a line with him. I mean how hard can it be? Give forsberg the puck and wait for the return pass.

Forsberg, when 100% healthy, is IMO the best player in the world right now.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
This year Richards might get an edge on Carter. Richards is like a drill with no reverse action. I think the stronger the opposition he not only rolls up his sleeves he rips them off. Carter will give you more skill and more points in the long run. The fact still remains that I would take Richards over Carter today, tomorrow and any day coming after that. :handclap: :clap:

A Ferrari or a Mustang? I'll take the Mustang. :)

GO BRUINS GO.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Liquidrage said:

I'd pretty much agree on all accounts here.

Richards will just keep surprising people with the type of offensive numbers he can put up.

Liquidrage*

TransportedUpstater said:
Liquidrage, where in Tallahassee are you? I'm there as well...

NW side of town. Was gonna go to Pockets tonight to watch the game(s), but since its in high-def will probably just have beer and people over and watch it here.

Transported Upstater

Liquidrage said:
NW side of town. Was gonna go to Pockets tonight to watch the game(s), but since its in high-def will probably just have beer and people over and watch it here.

HD TV rules.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've seen the Flyers a few times already this season and Richards is awesome....Carter has been unimpressive to me, but Richards has been the best overall rookie I've seen to-date

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Clearly Richards will outscore Carter 82-0 this season based on my expert projections.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
JimEIV said:
I've seen the Flyers a few times already this season and Richards is awesome....Carter has been unimpressive to me, but Richards has been the best overall rookie I've seen to-date

Richards was clearly better during the pre-season, but Carter was also suffering fatigue and weight loss due to a bout with Mono. Opening night was the best Carter has looked this year, but it may take another few weeks before Carter is back to 100%.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
JimEIV said:

In Carters defense - I believe he has been playing sick - mono or the flu or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad