Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So this is the kumbaya thread?

:sarcasm:

tenor (2).gif

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Yeah, if he can just stay healthy the second half I think he's a lock for the top six next year.
I mean he passes all the tests, big, fast, mean streak, defensively responsible, offensive skills and . . . . . RHD!

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin/Hagg - Myers
Manning/MacDonald
somebody is going to get kicked off the island.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yeah, if he can just stay healthy the second half I think he's a lock for the top six next year.
I mean he passes all the tests, big, fast, mean streak, defensively responsible, offensive skills and . . . . . RHD!

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin/Hagg - Myers
Manning/MacDonald
somebody is going to get kicked off the island.
Hakstol & Hextall need to convince themselves it's ok to have 5 guys 25 and under.

Reactions: Rebels57

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Any more insight to how his game has improved? Based on the stat line since he' been back it is just 9 games, 3pts +3.

Had a heckuva weekend watching him like half of Friday/Sunday and all of Saturday. He was a little less noticeable Sunday, though still fine, but I'm sure his endurance isn't there and 3 in 3 is always tough. He doesn't play PP1 (but did Sunday curiously enough with the timing of the quotes), and the Phantoms only scored 2 goals a game this weekend, so they weren't exactly bringing it.

He can still get a little sleepy in coverage situations and could improve his awareness. But he's way more aggressive than any other Phantoms d-man, in all 3 zones. It's very noticeable because he takes risks all over the ice, but their unstructured system (I do think they improved a couple things from last year) doesn't always provide cover for that with forwards not backchecking or blowing coverages or not being in position for breakouts, etc. So, even good risks can make him stand out for the worse at times. Really is at his best when he attacks.

But it's his play with the puck that took a step forward. He looked more comfortable finding exits, creating entries, skating up ice with the puck, making moves in the o-zone. He was just more dynamic, like juniors. Here's a few clips from Saturday (Myers is #5......his partner #3 had a pretty good first game back himself):

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Had a heckuva weekend watching him like half of Friday/Sunday and all of Saturday. He was a little less noticeable Sunday, though still fine, but I'm sure his endurance isn't there and 3 in 3 is always tough. He doesn't play PP1 (but did Sunday curiously enough with the timing of the quotes), and the Phantoms only scored 2 goals a game this weekend, so they weren't exactly bringing it.

He can still get a little sleepy in coverage situations and could improve his awareness. But he's way more aggressive than any other Phantoms d-man, in all 3 zones. It's very noticeable because he takes risks all over the ice, but their unstructured system (I do think they improved a couple things from last year) doesn't always provide cover for that with forwards not backchecking or blowing coverages or not being in position for breakouts, etc. So, even good risks can make him stand out for the worse at times. Really is at his best when he attacks.

But it's his play with the puck that took a step forward. He looked more comfortable finding exits, creating entries, skating up ice with the puck, making moves in the o-zone. He was just more dynamic, like juniors. Here's a few clips from Saturday (Myers is #5......his partner #3 had a pretty good first game back himself):

So little to no PP1 time for Sanheim last year.

Little to no PP1 time for Myers this year.

This org blows.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad