Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim more than doubled Hagg's offensive production and had the best 5v5 goal differential on the Phantoms blue line. In fact he was on the ice for fewer goals against than Hagg, while playing 18 more games! But Hagg has all that pro experience.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hagg has spent three years in the AHL, learning the pro game. He is bigger (bulk) and stronger than Sanheim right now. He's one year older than Sanheim.

By this logic Brennan is a better player to put on the Flyers than Sanheim. He has 7 years and 15 pounds on Travis.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Elite speed and skating negates the need for strength. If you get there first you don't need to muscle anyone off the puck in the first place.

I would say being able to make accurate passes and plays with the puck under pressure is even more important than skating, and certainly more important than strength.

Grossmann was plenty strong, but he may as well have been using a spade as a stick.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So let's exaggerate like people like to do here, so you're saying Hagg skates like Grossman?

Hextall has been talking Hagg up, they seem to have a lot of confidence in the progress he's made. Doesn't mean they think he's as talented as Sanheim, but they may consider him more NHL ready.

But go ahead, distort the obvious because you all love NHL network highlight plays (for both teams).

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
So let's exaggerate like people like to do here, so you're saying Hagg skates like Grossman?

Hextall has been talking Hagg up, they seem to have a lot of confidence in the progress he's made. Doesn't mean they think he's as talented as Sanheim, but they may consider him more NHL ready.

But go ahead, distort the obvious because you all love NHL network highlight plays (for both teams).

Hagg's just a good hockey player who has earned a shot. So have Morin and Sanheim. Let'em play. Since this is a Myers thread, I think he should play a year in the AHL, which is the plan, and then he can join the rest of the kids on the Flyers next year.

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
I like your optimism, but what brings you to that hypothesis?
Would I take Hagg over Sanheim. Of course I wouldn't. Sanheim upside is really scary good and can't overlook that. Just saying for the 2017-2018 season IMHO expecting for Hagg to be rock solid on defense. More so then Sanheim mostly due to more pro experience for next year only.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
even strength primary points per 60 followed by goals for rel %, not sure if it's good for anything though
Sanheim 0.94 P1/60, 4.11
Hagg 0.74 P1/60, 2.82
Morin 0.53 P1/60, -5.71

Looking at the stats above I kinda want Samheim to make it over Morin.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
even strength primary points per 60 followed by goals for rel %, not sure if it's good for anything though
Sanheim 0.94 P1/60, 4.11
Hagg 0.74 P1/60, 2.82
Morin 0.53 P1/60, -5.71

Looking at the stats above I kinda want Samheim to make it over Morin.

I would guess there's not enough data that the AHL supplies to really draw conclusions from that positive or negative.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol, *****.
giphy.gif

In my defense, he wasn't anything like he is now back then. I made that comment before the offensive explosion

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Striiker’s saving grace is he throws in some wry self deprecation now & then. I like it. On a board where we all come across as smug experts (myself included) I always appreciate those willing to laugh at themselves occasionally.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Striiker’s saving grace is he throws in some wry self deprecation now & then. I like it. On a board where we all come across as smug experts (myself included) I always appreciate those willing to laugh at themselves occasionally.
Well I'd love to provide more anti-Striiker humor but unfortunately I'm correct so damn often... :sarcasm: ;)

To be serious though, I've admitted a ton of times I don't know everything and there's lots of people on here who know more than I do. It's just that when I'm 100% convinced I'm correct about a certain thing, I argue adamantly about it. Sometimes too much so, which makes some people think that I think I know everything.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well I'd love to provide more anti-Striiker humor but unfortunately I'm correct so damn often... :sarcasm: ;)

To be serious though, I've admitted a ton of times I don't know everything and there's lots of people on here who know more than I do. It's just that when I'm 100% convinced I'm correct about a certain thing, I argue adamantly about it. Sometimes too much so, which makes some people think that I think I know everything.

I get annoyed sometimes when you treat your adamant opinions as facts, but a lot of people do that here without ever throwing in some self deprecation or admitting when they’re wrong. You at least have that awareness, which I like. That’s why we can butt heads in one thread but still like each other’s posts in another.

And on that note, I’ve been happily admitting I was wrong on Wade Allison. I’m a complete convert. He just keeps getting better & better. Now it’s looking like a great pick. I have him 4th among non-goalie Flyer prospects.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Appleyard loved Boyd Gordon. No one is immune.

Yep. I thought he could regain his 06-14 form and be an ideal 4C... and that 14-16 was simply being on awful teams. But nope, he was done.

I also thought Luke Schenn could be a good top-4 Dman going forward for us after his 2012-13 season... but he was simply being carried by Kimmo.

I also loved Ristolainen and thought he would be a sure-fire #1 Dman.

And was a massive Anton Karlson fan (more than Lindblom) and thought he was a sure-fire NHL middle sixer in his draft year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I get annoyed sometimes when you treat your adamant opinions as facts, but a lot of people do that here without ever throwing in some self deprecation or admitting when they’re wrong. You at least have that awareness, which I like. That’s why we can butt heads in one thread but still like each other’s posts in another.

And on that note, I’ve been happily admitting I was wrong on Wade Allison. I’m a complete convert. He just keeps getting better & better. Now it’s looking like a great pick. I have him 4th among non-goalie Flyer prospects.
Yeah, I gotcha. I apologize for when I go too far. Often I'll post something and I later realize it ended up appearing more harsh or blunt than intended since obviously there's no tone through text.

And I'm glad to see more people hopping on the Allison Bandwagon. When I first acted like an Allison superfan I was half joking because I was only basing that off of one highlight video and his style of play... but now I'm seriously excited about him.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad