Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Oliver Lauridsen, 2-year ext. (report: $1.2m, two-way deal in first yr.)

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I just dont see why the team would potentially handcuff themselves next year by giving him a 1 way contract. But clearly the flyers see Potential.

After next this year we have

Coburn-Streit
Grossman-Schenn

That is our defenders under contract for next year. Gervais is gone and the Great Dane could be our new 7th dman, and he is signed for dirt cheap at 600K. If worst comes to worst we could just waive him, but I wouldn't mind him there as the 7th damn next year. Especially if he continues to develop.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just dont see why the team would potentially handcuff themselves next year by giving him a 1 way contract. But clearly the flyers see Potential.

A) They would expect a now-or-never in terms of sticking in the NHL.

B) Even if he wasn't, it might keep some teams from claiming him off waivers.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If he develops more, he'll be a solid 7th guy at a great cost. Holmgren needs to start evening out this defense's cap hit. He's very top heavy.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Why are people concerned with the one-way contract? All that means is he gets paid NHL salary in the AHL, doesn't it?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Why are people concerned with the one-way contract? All that means is he gets paid NHL salary in the AHL, doesn't it?

Yes, but like with Gus, it might just coincidentally line up with not being waiver eligible anymore either. Probably depends on this year. So if Holmgren thinks that he won't be waiver eligible next year, maybe he just figured it would make more sense to just make it a 1 way deal.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yes, but like with Gus, it might just coincidentally line up with not being waiver eligible anymore either. Probably depends on this year. So if Holmgren thinks that he won't be waiver eligible next year, maybe he just figured it would make more sense to just make it a 1 way deal.

Yeah but I mean it has nothing to do with anything at all other than what he will be paid. Doesn't affect cap hit or anything so why would people be concerned with it? He's waiver eligible or he isn't, a one way contract doesn't change that.

RJ8812*

Yeah but I mean it has nothing to do with anything at all other than what he will be paid. Doesn't affect cap hit or anything so why would people be concerned with it? He's waiver eligible or he isn't, a one way contract doesn't change that.

you're not new around here so you must know that people need to find a reason to complain about any roster move the Flyers make

no matter what it is, people will find a reason to ***** about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->