Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Mark Streit to a multi-year deal [4 yrs, $21m; $5.25 AAV] (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardds*

I agree - he'll help the team out, but I don't like these contracts that run until the players are almost 40. I'd be happier with a 3 yr deal. I
Well what's one more year? Seems like a lot of people seem to forget he's only been in the NHL since the first post lockout season, plus played one shortened season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe at the end of his time here Streit will sign in Dallas for two years, $10 million like Gonchar just did.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ballard is availabe. I think id rather have him for 2 years at 4.2 mill than strait at 4 years 5.25 mill

Eh, I'd pass on Ballard. If you are in the market for someone other than Streit, I think you could find someone on the open market for around the same price of Ballard and Streit that is better than Ballard (but maybe not as good as Streit).

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Ballard is availabe. I think id rather have him for 2 years at 4.2 mill than strait at 4 years 5.25 mill

Lol we would be paying him that to sit in the press box. Ballard is terrible. Don't listen to the Nuck fans trying to sell him to every fan base, he is just bad. On top he is much worse on that contract. He will be bought out, no team will claim him.

Streit will give us 45+ points will quarterbacking the second PP unit. He will be very useful. We just worry about that 4 year. I don't think his play will decrease as much as other think, he can and will play I believe for all the years. In the last year I could see a sheltered 17-19 mins a night while playing big numbers on the PP. Also, Streit is not a third pairing defender right now, I have never and never will, see a defender who plays 22 mins a night on the 3rd pairing.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
So much to love about Mark Streit, but his play truly digressed tremendously in the last two years. 4 years 20 mil is a joke. Hell qb your pp unit nicely and score/set up many goals, but will be a complete liability on defense.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
So much to love about Mark Streit, but his play truly digressed tremendously in the last two years. 4 years 20 mil is a joke. Hell qb your pp unit nicely and score/set up many goals, but will be a complete liability on defense.

Hence Coburn...or Schenn...or Grossmann...

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007

You mean he's not a defensive defenseman. Flyers could really use another one of those. :sarcasm:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Streit couldn't have been the only defensive liability on that team, considering they got lit up for 24 goals in 5 playoff games.

Last edited:

CanadianFlyersFan18

Aug 24, 2009
At the end of the day I see Streit to this team as what Carle was except he can QB a pp. Considering the money being thrown around I don't love it or hate it

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Streit does exactly what this team needed, somebody who can move the puck out of the D-zone. How many times did we watch the D fumble the puck away only to end up in the net. I mean this had to have happen about 8 out of 10 times. I distinctly remember Jim Jackson even mentioning it specifically.

Lump Streit with Schenn and that pairing should work out perfectly.

RJ8812*

Streit does exactly what this team needed, somebody who can move the puck out of the D-zone. How many times did we watch the D fumble the puck away only to end up in the net. I mean this had to have happen about 8 out of 10 times. I distinctly remember Jim Jackson even mentioning it specifically.

Lump Streit with Schenn and that pairing should work out perfectly.

No it wouldn't. Both of them aren't great skaters, so pairing them up would be a nightmare. Streit is much better suited to be paired with Coburn, while you keep Timonen with Schenn

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
How does Streit score 60 pts in a season one year, but he's not a good skater? Or are you saying he's not good now in his age?

RJ8812*

How does Streit score 60 pts in a season one year, but he's not a good skater? Or are you saying he's not good now in his age?

It probably has more to do with the fact that he's a Flyer now because acording to HF Boards, once you suit up for the Flyers, your value is diminished and you're just a role player

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Look, I don't know much about Streit at all. I know he's not a defensive guy back there, but I just find it hard to say he's not a good skater when he's dropped 40-60 pts seasons in a row.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
So now I'm too expect Chris Thierien back there?
God I hope not, Streit is much more offensive than Therien.
I hate it when fans think that 35 is too old, some of our great players in the league played till 40+ years old.
Marty Brodeur is still putting the pads on and Lidstrom, Jagr, Alfredsson, Koivu, Selanne and Chelios are/were playing in their 40's, I know these are exceptional players but anything can happen in this league. Don't judge the guy till you see him play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->