Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Mark Streit to a multi-year deal [4 yrs, $21m; $5.25 AAV] (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Resident troll....

I really think you guys will be "unimpressed" by him. I hope he works out for you guys but, I think by game 50 you guys will be regretting this. I truly hope i'm wrong and will check back and see if you guys/gals are happy with him.

he'll be fine. thanks

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think people are not going to be happy unless he plays on a higher level than people are expecting. He's on a big contract and he is old and Holmgren made move. He's going to have to exceed expectations in order for people to be happy about him.

Yeah, he is. Being signed by Homer has little to do with it. Nothing, in fact. The problem is, he's signed for a huge amount of money at a bad age. He's gonna need to overperform to give people hope that he won't bottom out with 2 years left on the contract.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
Yeah, he is. Being signed by Homer has little to do with it. Nothing, in fact. The problem is, he's signed for a huge amount of money at a bad age. He's gonna need to overperform to give people hope that he won't bottom out with 2 years left on the contract.

I'm just throwing it out there, they could amnesty Streit after next season, since Kimmo comes off the books, there is over 11 million free for two defenders.

Unlikely, but still a possibility.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
You planing on rolling with Bryzgalov for 7 more years then?

I'm not saying it is a great idea, but obviously yes, Bryz would continue to be on the team unless he waived his NMC. As with the the past CBA, Bryz's contract looks better every year if the cap rises (which we expect it to), and he will not be a 35+ contract.

The possibility of Streit being amnestied is also magnified if he has an incredibly poor year, since we won't likely be able to dump him off. That is the reality.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not saying it is a great idea, but obviously yes, Bryz would continue to be on the team unless he waived his NMC. As with the the past CBA, Bryz's contract looks better every year if the cap rises (which we expect it to), and he will not be a 35+ contract.

The possibility of Streit being amnestied is also magnified if he has an incredibly poor year, since we won't likely be able to dump him off. That is the reality.

$5.6M is a pretty expensive backup. I believe we would get penalized if Bryz retired early too with that new cap recapture thing with front loaded contracts. Bryz's contract became worse with this CBA if anything.

Last edited:

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
$5.6M is a pretty expensive backup. I believe we would get penalized if Bryz retired early too with that new cap rapture thing with front loaded contracts. Bryz's contract became worse with this CBA if anything.

How so? The new CBA has to grandfather in contracts that were fine under the prior CBA (right?). If so, it seems unlikely the Flyers could be penalized for a perfectly legal contract.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
How so? The new CBA has to grandfather in contracts that were fine under the prior CBA (right?). If so, it seems unlikely the Flyers could be penalized for a perfectly legal contract.

I think there is a list of contracts that they deemed to be circumventing the cap. And if any of those players retire before the end of the contract then the team is stuck with their cap hit. Im pretty sure richards, carter , and bryz were all listed. Can't find the link

Edit: here is the link. Scroll down to Cap Advantage Recapture

http://www.capgeek.com/new-cba/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
What if Bryz "is traded" to the KHL in 2 years...cap hit bye bye?

I can't figure snider wants to just "waste" 18m or whatever he gets in his buyout, because unlike LTIR this is actually out of his pockets.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What if Bryz "is traded" to the KHL in 2 years...cap hit bye bye?

I can't figure snider wants to just "waste" 18m or whatever he gets in his buyout, because unlike LTIR this is actually out of his pockets.

How exactly did Chicago dispose of Huet? Can that still be done in the new CBA?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

I think we can all agree this is a offseason to forget. Many of the UFA's are past their prime or just role players. I don't know Holmgren well enough to comment but, I can't fault him for trying to improve also. You guys have been really nice to talk with and I appreciate the good hockey talk.

Last edited:

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I think we can all agree this is a offseason to forget. Many of the UFA's are past their prime or just role players. I don't know Holmgren well enough to comment but, I can't fault him for trying to improve also. You guys have been really nice to talk with and I appreciate the good hockey talk.

A lot of teams panicked and locked up anything they could before the lockout and motions for the new CBA.

That covered pretty much all free-agents over a two-year period. This summer is the backwash of that panicking so it's obviously going to be a short list.

What will boost it is the buyout retread market. Teams looking for a cheap vet can find someone who was bought out at a discounted price.

So, even if there's nothing high-end out there, it's not like it's not going to be an interesting summer.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Considering the Flyers have made significant "in" moves to push towards the Cup with such frequency-- the team is not in the worst shape.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
@DarrenDreger

Mark Streit's contract has been, or is about to be signed and filed. Officially making him a Flyer. 4 yrs - $21 mil.

Streit's deal. (2013-14): $5,000 - SB: $2,000 (2014-15): $6,000 (2015-16): $6,000 - SB: $2,000 (2016-17): $4,000 - SB: $2,000

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@DarrenDreger

Mark Streit's contract has been, or is about to be signed and filed. Officially making him a Flyer. 4 yrs - $21 mil.

Streit's deal. (2013-14): $5,000 - SB: $2,000 (2014-15): $6,000 (2015-16): $6,000 - SB: $2,000 (2016-17): $4,000 - SB: $2,000

I did the math and it came out to "7 years." I got angry for a second, before thinking on it again.

Apparently math isn't my thing :dunce:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thought the final year would be $3m in case they wanted to trade him to a cap floe team then.

RJ8812*

I thought the final year would be $3m in case they wanted to trade him to a cap floe team then.

$2m of it is a signing bonus paid on July 1st. So if we trade him that last season afterwards he's only due $2m over the course of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad