Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign D Yegor Zamula to ELC, Sept. 20, 2018; back surgery Jan. 2020, out for season

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
giphy.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Very exciting news, both for the Flyers fans and for the Count (tm @BernieParent). Looking forward to seeing him develop! Well earned contract

Thanks for the nickname nod. It is presently in the Player Nicknames Subcommittee, co-chaired, I believe, by DFF and Beef. We should have a definite conclusion in three to six nevers.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Thanks for the nickname nod. It is presently in the Player Nicknames Subcommittee, co-chaired, I believe, by DFF and Beef. We should have a definite conclusion in three to six nevers.

I don't care if anyone else does, but I'm calling him either Ye-Z, or E-Z...Depending on if he goes by Yegor or Egor (I've seen both).

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The key with Zamula, like all physically undeveloped players, is how his game changes as his body fills out - in three years, at 6'3 200 (assuming his frame can carry that much weight) will he add/subtract speed and quickness? That's probably the toughest part of scouting, a kid who's close to fully developed at 18 is an easy projection, a kid who needs to add 30 lbs is somewhat of a mystery. Even NFL scouts, looking at 21-22 year olds, have to make that project, imagine how harder that is with 18 year olds.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Is it just about Flyers' heritage that they seem to sleep well over drafting a 6'5" behemoth in the early rounds that can't handle the puck and needs to catch up for years to even that out, like Ginning or Morin, but at the same time they are so tentative about spending picks on slim and small D that have obvious skill but need to fill out?

To me it sounds rather easy to give the latter type a nutrition plan and tell him to eat enough cheesesteak to gain weight because the rest is in there already.
Does anybody have an example where gaining 30 pounds ruined a high ceiling prospect?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Luke Schenn was just a kid who was kind of maxed out by around his draft on top of being a dying breed. After Schenn & others they started looking for guys with his profile who could at least skate well like Tinordi, Oleksiak, Morin, Zadorov, etc. but these past few years even guys like that don’t find themselves in the first round anymore either.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I was actually trying to think of someone who once COULD skate and COULD handle the puck before he bulked up and all was gone.

Not a Luke Schenn type of broad shouldered hitting machine built as a prototypical shut-down D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad