Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Chris Stewart To One Way Deal ($750k Base + $50k Bonus)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The team is off to a 2-0-1 start and looks improved from last season. They added a number of quality players in Hayes, Niskanen and Braun. Worked in young players such as Twarynski and Bunnaman. Other very promising young players are knocking on the door. Forget about all of that but lets mock the team because they signed Stewart to a one year deal today. That's asinine.

Stewart replaced Bunnaman after 3 games.

Hayes is averaging more TOI than Couturier for some reason.

Hagg is playing over Myers and Morin.

The "prospects knocking on the door" will need plastic explosives to get through since the fact that they outplayed Stewart in camp didnt matter.

The team is playing well but all of these issues are cause for concern. 3 games is a tiny sliver on the season and bad lineup decisions can erase a good start in a calendar week.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Stewart replaced Bunnaman after 3 games.

Hayes is averaging more TOI than Couturier for some reason.

Hagg is playing over Myers and Morin.

The "prospects knocking on the door" will need plastic explosives to get through since the fact that they outplayed Stewart in camp didnt matter.

The team is playing well but all of these issues are cause for concern. 3 games is a tiny sliver on the season and bad lineup decisions can erase a good start in a calendar week.

Basically, one of our bigger fears is being realized - that we would still need injuries in order to see our prospects get a chance. Not all the prospects, but a big chunk of them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm going to say it again - this organization has amnesia about its own history in this regard. They've completely forgotten the mid 1980s. I have forgotten much of them too, because I was wasted.

If I had a time machine, thats where id go. I love the 80s for a multitude of reasons but finding a young Cap and getting wasted watching those awesome Flyers teams would be the icing on the cake.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
2 years is a long time for a player past their prime. Ask Simmonds.

It's a fact. He showed less than nothing in preseason.
Doesn’t have Simmonds’ injury history. Actually has better hands/shot. Simmonds is still a double digit ES scorer. Stewart is actually a more efficient goal scorer at ES than Simmonds in the latter stages of their careers.

Stewart wasn’t great in preseason, but the rust is expected & he did have 2 assists.

I believe Stewart can hit 10 goals if he gets enough games. I could be wrong.

I’m not saying he’s a good player. But look at the goal scoring of our bottom-of—the lineup players in recent years. It’s not a difficult mark to improve upon.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
People are bitching about Vigneault when the team is 2-0-1 despite terrible travel & playing well.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
All the best to Stewart on his comeback.
Stewart is coming back to the NHL and his MO will be a 4th line big body and an energy guy...nothing more!
If he fulfills AV’s needs and thanks Fletcher for his kind gesture by being a good soldier...it’s a win-win!
And plays the RIGHT WAY!
I dislike that cliche!:thumbd:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
All the best to Stewart on his comeback.

T37QLWm.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Doesn’t have Simmonds’ injury history. Actually has better hands/shot. Simmonds is still a double digit ES scorer. Stewart is actually a more efficient goal scorer at ES than Simmonds in the latter stages of their careers.

Stewart wasn’t great in preseason, but the rust is expected & he did have 2 assists.

I believe Stewart can hit 10 goals if he gets enough games. I could be wrong.

I’m not saying he’s a good player. But look at the goal scoring of our bottom-of—the lineup players in recent years. It’s not a difficult mark to improve upon.

He also lacked Simmonds' skill. Bottom six players rarely age gracefully. You'll find out soon enough. Stewart will demonstrate more than he already has.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->