Confirmed with Link: Flyers Re-Sign Brian Elliott To One Year Deal $1.5M AAV for 20/21 season (bumped thread)

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
ihzc3ts.jpg
tenor (22).gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Don't we need to expose a goalie in the expansion draft? So wouldn't it have made more sense to sign him for two years and then buy him out if (when) he's not taken?

Obviously we won't be exposing Hart, so who are we exposing now? Lyon's contract ends at the same time as Elliotts too.
My exact thoughts. What about one of the drafted goalies? I don't think there is a games played require like with defensemen....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They may well see Lyon as a viable alternative, he's been pretty consistent behind a very shaky defensive team.
In a lot of AHL games I watched, he basically kept them in games while being grossly outshot.

Elliott works well with Hart, and is a bit of a mentor, which is probably one reason behind the re-signing.
Confidence in Lyon as a passable alternative if Elliott breaks down may be the other

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I am not looking forward to this guy getting beaten over and over on the far post because he feels the need to trap himself shortside by wrapping his leg around the net. Or just plain old overplaying angles.

Here's hoping nobody else was watching the Islanders explicitly try to exploit that and coming a hair away from goals twice.

I'm pretty done with watching the guy but the flat cap does make things Very Weird so it is what it is.

I'd like to update this to say I am now VERY done with watching the guy

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Elliott was fine until Hart imploded, forcing Elliott to play too many games without enough rest.
Problem was after Hart became the #1 last year, solid backup veteran goalies didn't want to be buried on the bench (because it makes it hard for them to negotiate their last contract).

Ironically, Hart's struggles will make it easier to sign a goalie this offseason, since the goalie knows he'll be 1B and possibly get 35-40 starts.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad