Flyers prospects chances?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Morin: Needs to have a killer camp to even be in consideration, so probably not. It is not that he would be bad in the NHL, it just would probably be better for him to develop his game more in Juniors.

Alt: I like his chances if he has a good camp

Ghost: Same as Alt and it depends on our offseason moves

Hagg: Probably not this year. He needs more seasoning in either the AHL or SHL.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
I think Laughton and Alt would have the inside track. IMO I think Ghost needs a full year in the AHL to get max ice time and get used to the pro length of season

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
I dont think none of them are ready to step in day 1. Alt, being the oldest and with the most AHL time, is probably the most ready. Laughton could possibly make the team in a 4th line role, but it would make more sense if he got top minutes in the AHL.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I think Laughton will be on the opening night roster. Ghost may have a chance as well.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Laughton probably has the best shot. I doubt any of the D make it. There's too many veterans ahead of them on the depth chart.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Laughton probably has the best shot. I doubt any of the D make it. There's too many veterans ahead of them on the depth chart.

There is a 4th line spot that is his to lose for sure, but him getting some time with the Phantoms certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Gost needs to learn how to play against men, but the skill set on him...gonna be fun to watch him develop.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
There is a 4th line spot that is his to lose for sure, but him getting some time with the Phantoms certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Gost needs to learn how to play against men, but the skill set on him...gonna be fun to watch him develop.

I think ghost has a chance to steal a spot on the starting 6. His skills are already NHL ready. Weather he can adjust to the speed change is what I'm not sure of.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Ghost needs AHL seasoning. It will be good for him to get acclimated to the pro game, and just how physical the game is.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Laughton could have made it on the team last season and I am hoping to see one of Ghost or Alt make the team this season. That would mean however that a spot would have to open up for them because there is no way one of the d's make it with the current roster.

Kuato

Aug 2, 2010
PA
Most prospects don't pan out. It's just the reality of the situation. If one of those kids ends up in a Flyers uniform, that's a lot. Most won't even make it and some will end up on another team.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Most prospects don't pan out. It's just the reality of the situation. If one of those kids ends up in a Flyers uniform, that's a lot. Most won't even make it and some will end up on another team.

Who are you talking about? Ghost, Laughton, Morin, and Sanheim? If so, you are crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad