Flyers Podcast Recommendation?

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT
With sports talk radio about the Flyers all but non-existent in Philadelphia, I was wondering if anyone here had a recommendation for a good Flyers podcast I could subscribe to? Something informative with good conversation and debate about the team. Thanks for the input in advance!

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
Sons of Penn and Broad Street Hockey would be your 2 main options. I'm not a regular listener of either, but from what I have heard, neither are really advanced discussions. Flyerspodden is a Swedish language podcast that occasionally does an English show and is excellent when they do.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Sons of Penn and Broad Street Hockey would be your 2 main options. I'm not a regular listener of either, but from what I have heard, neither are really advanced discussions. Flyerspodden is a Swedish language podcast that occasionally does an English show and is excellent when they do.

I occasionally listen to BSH, but I have to agree that it's more of a show than a podcast.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I lasted all of like 10 mins of a Broad Street Hockey episode before turning it off
Too many people talking (I think there were like 5 or 6 in this episode) and too many over produced radio voices. Just sounded like a bunch of wannabe radio hacks. All it was missing was the zany sound effects you hear on morning zoo shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnimalFear

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I lasted all of like 10 mins of a Broad Street Hockey episode before turning it off
Too many people talking (I think there were like 5 or 6 in this episode) and too many over produced radio voices. Just sounded like a bunch of wannabe radio hacks. All it was missing was the zany sound effects you hear on morning zoo shows.
Agreed. I'm a big podcast listener, as they are usually more thoughtful than radio, but I didn't make it through much more than 10 minutes of BSH. It was cringeworthy for me personally.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

How recently did you listen?

Since they moved into the WIP studios and John Barchard (BGN) took over producing. It's become a much more organized effort.

The ones I listen to have been:

BSH
FLYPERBOLE
SONS OF PENN
FLYERPODDEN (when done in English)
Gettin Bullied (very fan based)
Philadelphia Sports Table (They do all 4 sports, so not every one is about the Flyers)

Myrtman

May 8, 2016
With sports talk radio about the Flyers all but non-existent in Philadelphia, I was wondering if anyone here had a recommendation for a good Flyers podcast I could subscribe to? Something informative with good conversation and debate about the team. Thanks for the input in advance!

Shameless plug time. Try the Stick 2 Hockey Podcast. Flyers leaning podcast but we also talk about the entire NHL, also will get into overseas leagues, Major junior and College this season. 9 Episodes are available and we have had some great guests including Ron Hextall, Claude Giroux, Brian Elliott, Mark Reechi and many more players and people that cover the Flyers and the NHL. Give it a listen.

http://wildfireradio.com/hockey/

mgiletto

Mar 9, 2017
Hey guys so I’m also going to do a shameless plug. I have a podcast called “You Would Think: The Philly Sports Podcast”. We’re fairly new so the word isn’t out on us yet. We cover all the Philly teams, but we focus heavily on the Flyers, because we are mainly hockey fans and recognize there is a lack of coverage of the Flyers in the local media. Give us a listen and try us out. You can find us on iTunes, google play, and Podbean. Or look us up on twitter @YWTpodcast.

You Would Think: The Philly Sports Podcast by Kyle Collington & Mike Giletto on Apple Podcasts

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Spittin chiclets is a great podcast. They absolutely despise the flyers but it's expected from an ex penguin and a Boston guy and they still give the flyers props when necessary. They have a barstool flyers guy who comes on from time to time and gives decent analysis. Either way it's a great hockey podcast and must listen imo. Get a lot of cool stories and interviews with players. And they just add BizNasty to the show!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad