Flyers Pitkänen in doubt for olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Joni Pitkanen, who along with Antero Niittymaki was selected to represent Finland, wasn't nearly as optimistic. Pitkanen, who has missed 24 games with an abdomen injury, was in obvious discomfort after playing 26:30 yesterday.
"I'm not happy with how I'm skating.," he said. "I have to think. I don't know."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/hockey/13802265.htm

I hope he will be okay and play in olympics. Finland has lost too many players already.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Yeah I just read from Flyers GDT. :(

This really sucks but I think it's better for him to withdraw because he's injured and playing there could make things even worse.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
blacklabel said:
Yeah I just read from Flyers GDT. :(

This really sucks but I think it's better for him to withdraw because he's injured and playing there could make things even worse.

He seemed to be doing ok, just watched two games of him and he was the best d-man out there. I'd rather have him playing in the olympics, we are already in serious trouble.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
psycho_dad said:
He seemed to be doing ok, just watched two games of him and he was the best d-man out there. I'd rather have him playing in the olympics, we are already in serious trouble.
According to flyers fans his skating hasn't been as impressive as it was before the injury.

He's one of the most important player of our team so of course I hope he'll be there, but only if he's healthy. Playing injured in the Olympics is simply absurd. I hope the Flyers rest him from now on so he can get healthy until the Olympics, but I can't see that happen.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
edd1e said:
Finland is doomed without Pitkänen, but if he's injured he needs to rest Olympics..
I agree, he is absolutely huge for team Finland, but I don't want him to go if he's not healthy. However, if he is healthy, he's actually one of the players on the Flyers who I would want to see go because I think the olympics could be break out into the true elite and he could potentially gain even more confidence if he's able to dominate on the international stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad